“Private Party”

Cuisines: South American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: Welcome to Birmingham's only independent South American restaurant. Bodega is located in the centre of Birmingham and prides itself on great tasting fresh food, excellent customer service and a superb drinks menu. Our food covers Mexican as well as Argentinian, Peruvian, Chilean and Brazilian dishes. Our drinks menu is one of the most comprehensive in the city with a great range of fresh cocktails, South American bottled beers and wines.
Reviewed 11 March 2016

I booked this restaurant for the choice of my daughters 18th birthday party. They have the perfect room downstairs for a private party. It was a perfect setting and the night was fantastic. I ordered a buffet for 30 people and it was yummy food and plenty to go round. The waitress that served us that evening and served behind the bar was really attentive to our needs but really joined in with us too. Her name was Jess from Australia and was a delight. Nothing was too much trouble. The Manageress on duty that evening ( whose name escapes me ) could not do enough to help and make the night perfect for us. All together it was a really great evening with the help of a great venue with lovely food and kind and efficient staff. I would always recommend this venue.

Date of visit: March 2016
VickyBirminghamUK, Manager at Bodega Bar & Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Hi rebecca l,
Thank you for choosing us for your daughter’s 18th- very happy to hear it was an enjoyable evening.
Really hope you and your family will be back to sample more of our menu soon!
Vicky

Write a reviewReviews (1,877)

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

My daughter took me here for my Mother's Day pressie and what a treat it was. The nachos were crispy & delicious with really fresh salsa and guacamole. I had the homemade chilli burrito which was delicious with a lovely smokey flavour. Would definitely visit again.

Hi janereading62
Thank you for leaving such great comments – really happy to hear you had an enjoyable mother’s day with us!
We are glad you loved the burrito and nachos and do hope you will be back to sample more of what we have to offer soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

I've eaten here 3 times - the food has always been consistently good and tasty and the service and atmos great - a good time always had by all - I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for somewhere relaxing for lunch or busy/happening for dinner with mates. They also have a bar downstairs with DJ's! And you can get Burritos to takeaway! :-)

Date of visit: July 2015

Hi LynSMW
Thanks for dropping by and for the great review. Brilliant to know to you liked our food and vibe!
Please do come along for more soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Great location for New Street Station and also the nearby Premier Inn. We ate on a Monday night around 8.30pm. It was surprisingly busy but didn't have to wait for a table. Be aware that there is a variety of seating: low pouffes at the same heights as tables at the front, tables/ chairs on stilts next to the bar and conventional tables near the bar and further back, so if you have a preference you may wish to book.
The food was excellent and plentiful. We shared a small nachos to start and it was enormous. In other mexican places I've been to (like Wahaca) it would have been classed as a sharing plate - and priced accordingly - this place is great value for money. The size of the starter did make us rethink our mains, but I still opted for a main meal Burrito (comes with sweet potato fries) which was delicious, but I couldn't finish it. The menu is quite flexible- main meals are available without sides and there are individual plates for mixing, tapas style.
Nice cocktails too- not just the usual mojitos. I will definitely return and bring friends with big appetites. If there was one thing I'd change, I'd make the music a bit less loud as we struggled to talk to each other without raising our voices at times. Still, it added to the atmosphere but my mum struggled a bit to hear.

Hi Elizabeth G
Thank you for choosing us for your Monday evening meal – really glad to hear we were able to make you evening in Birmingham a welcome one!
Excellent choice with the nachos- they really are a favourite.
Please do come and see us again the next time you’re in the city,

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Amazing place with amazing cocktails music and food ! Really enjoyed our time at this place. Very friendly staff and they even do half price cocktails !!! Make sure you book the place in advance as it is full almost all the time . I am sure everyone would love this place.

Date of visit: August 2015

Hi Amit2486
Thanks for checking us out and for the brilliant comments- great to hear you enjoyed happy hour!
We do hope you’ll be back for more soon.