“Nice little hidden place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Bengal

Royal Bengal
Ranked #319 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: High Quality Indian Restaurant near Hippodrome,Alexandra Theatre,Grand Central.established 2007
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Nice little hidden place”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently came to Birmingham for work to stay a couple of nights and was keen to find a good Indian place to sample so used Trip Advisor to find this place (turned out to be right opposite my hotel as well - result!).

You have to go upstairs to find the restaurant and once inside it is quite small but we were lucky and got seated right away as it was a quiet weekday evening.

The food was delicious. I had a Garlic Chilli Chicken, naan and a tandoori chicken starter. The starter was exceptional and the naan was freshly made and tasty. The curry was delicious (not the hottest garlic chilli chicken I've ever had but it was perfectly spiced).

Waiters were friendly and quick.

All in all a good place to come if you find yourself in the area and in need of a good curry.

• Visited April 2014

Exmouth
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Used Trip Advisor to select this place.

Lovely food and definitely recommend it.

Service was spot on and I would visit again.

Starter was well presented and the main did not disappoint.

Good price as well.

• Visited April 2014
Mur-de-Barrez, France
“Tripadvisor winner and quite right”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had two really excellent meals in this restaurant. Reasonably priced food and drink for a city centre. Brilliant, friendly staff but quite the oddest music I've ever heard in an Indian restaurant. Mostly disco but with a bit of Thomas Newman and maybe just a bit loud. But don't let it spoil your meal. Just savour the flavours!

Visited April 2014
Lincs
“Don't be put off by location or interior”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Food is really good and staff are really friendly! Good selection on the menu, and everything I tried tasted very nice. I'd recommend it.

Visited April 2014
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My husband,son and myself arrived quite early and the restaurant was empty.We were asked if we had booked a table by a not too friendly waiter.We hadn't but got a nice table by the window anyway.The waiter took our drinks and poppadum order and quickly brought them to the table.The poppadums were lovely and crispy and the sauces were very nice.By now the restaurant was filling up nicely so there was a good atmosphere and said waiter was being a lot friendlier and pleasant.Our starters arrived after a short wait and everything was hot and very tasty.I am a bit partial to king prawns and my king prawn purée was delightful.Wonderfully large prawns cooked to perfection.When the mains arrived after a bit of a wait everything looked delicious.And it certainly was.Wonderfully spiced and generous portions that were beautifully cooked.With a couple of pints of Cobra each we concluded that we had had a very enjoyable meal and we would definatley return and recommend Royal Bengal for good,tasty food at reasonable prices.

• Visited March 2014