“Always Tasty!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I really enjoy the food here, having eaten here numerous times I have always been more than satisfied with the standard of food and service. Having eaten at the more up market establishments in the city centre this restaurant rivals them on taste and beats them hands down on price.

6  Thank Mr-Birmingham
There are newer reviews for Omar Khayam

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I will always eat here or have a take away. The good tastes fresh and tasty. I've never been to a curry house like this. Lovely restaurant and wicked aquarium the fish in there is older than me! Go there and try the dishes

5  Thank Industrial4542
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We do like our curries and I think it can sometimes be difficult when trying a new one, as you are always comparing it to your favourite (Pangaea in Kings Heath).

We last visited the Khayam about 25 years ago and thought we would try it again. They don't do draught Cobra which is a disappointment but I can live with that. The chutneys and poppadoms were very nice, particularly the lime pickle. However, the main meal was a bit bland and the chicken tikka had too much red colouring on it. The mattar paneer was quite pleasant. The nan was good, but I can't imagine why this restaurant is so high up in the ratings for Birmingham. It was ok, no more and no less. It certainly shouldn't rank as highly as it does, and when I look at some of the restaurants which are below it, I am very surprised. I wouldn't recommend that you go out of your way to visit the Khayam as the food isn't any better than your average Indian restaurant. The one thing that I did like was the fact that they had carpets on the floor which deadens the sound. I am so fed up with restaurant where you can hardly hear each other speaking.

4  Thank Trudiwr
Reviewed 27 September 2013

having eaten in many Indian restaurants this is the most pleasant and friendly one, would recommend it to anyone . Also the delivery service is first rate drivers are very pleasant and always have the time of day for you .

7  Thank Sts63
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here a couple of times and each time the food and service has been faultless. We would happily eat here again.

It is a quiet restaurant and is located down the quiet end of the high street. We have always been in an evening in the week and been able to park outside but there is plenty of local parking.

We would definateley recommend this place.

6  Thank MrsHMK