“Loved it, go....”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Moseley and Kings Heath
Description: Carters of Moseley is a Michelin Star restaurant offering a luxury multi-course tasting menu, with particular attention to the best produce, foraged flora & wild fauna indigenous to the UK. The style of cooking will use ancestral techniques like fire & fermentation blended with a modern spirit of creative culture. The wine list focuses on artisanal growers who practice modern & traditional styles of natural farming & winemaking.
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

First time at Carters, and wow what a fantastic evening. From the moment we arrived the staff were all smiles, friendly and attentive. The food and the wines were explained clearly. We went for the 7 course taster menu, this was well delivered, interesting and delicious food, creatively thought out, washed down with yummy bottle Prosecco, which we love to drink. Amazing. Will definitely visit again and well worth the treat. Highly
deserved Michelin award.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (846)

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Modern fine dining in a warm, unpretentious atmosphere prepared by one of the country's most exciting young chefs. The 'main courses' are always a highlight which is rare for a tasting menu. Would recommend this place to anyone who thinks that fine dining is a stuffy experience comprised of scowls and tired dishes. Prepare to be won over!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Nice place with a very sociable and knowledgeable staff - this is a real rising star. I was ill during the meal - no fault of the restaurant - and they were very understanding, very helpful and didn't charge me for the courses I couldn't eat. The food was exciting with some top flavour combinations. The table staff could explain the dishes very well and everyone seemed to really enjoy working at the place. The wine list was a little limited I thought but overall a very good place to eat and one I would happily return to.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Visited for dinner with my husband, we were greeted warmly and you are made to feel like old friends from the get go. Nothing stuffy and pretentious about the place at all. We opted for the 5 course tasting menu with the added cheese course, which I'm glad we did as I'm not sure I could have eaten anymore. Everything we were served was perfect, absolutely delicious. I think the stand out factor for Carters are the staff, everyone we encountered were knowledgeable about the food and drink, and also very passionate. This passion was really infectious! Such a wonderful evening, wonderful team, wonderful food. Simply faultless.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

This is the second time I have visited Carters! The reception you get when you arrive is friendly and welcoming. The service is second to none! The staff know every inch of detail about the dishes. Our table had 3 different dietary requirements (one gluten free, the other two, well just don't like certain things), this was not a problem! They altered the dishes to suit and made no fuss or made you out to feel different or that it was hassle!

Working our way around the Michelin stars of Birmingham and we have returned back to Carters before seeing some of the others! Well worth a visit and the food is to die for!

Cannot recommend enough!!!!!