Bloc Hotel Birmingham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Saint Pauls House(Birmingham)
  • Room Service
1,050 results
All reviewswet roomjewellery quarterno windowrooms are smallcity centrevending machinewindowless roomst paul's squaremonsoon showernearby ncpjam housestorage spacecomfy bedair conshort staygreat showerbedside table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Some places benefit from keeping it simple and this is definitely one.
I paid 40 pounds for a room with no window, as I am an extremely light sleeper and it was worth twice as much. One of the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel. The bed was super comfy and it was extremely quiet without the street noise. Very clean too. Though Caroline Street is not exactly a major roadway. Was genuinely tempted to book another night just to sleep there again. The wet room shower is great (I had 3 goes in it). Excellent location, less than 5 mins walk from St' Paul's Sq and it's wide array of bars and restaurants. Only took me 20 minutes to walk from New Street too. Well worth a stay. Only thing I would say is that while the room's are great for one with their compact design, I would think two people might trip over each other (but I can't deduct a mark for a theory I haven't tested. They do a continental breakfast for around 5GBP, but I didn't go for this, so can't let you know about the quality of it. Will definitely stay next time I am in Birmingham. For around 10 quid more than the godawful Travelodge down the road, a steal.

Room Tip: Go for a room without a window for a beaut sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tokkas
Laura S, Ops Development Manager at Bloc Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great nights sleep. When the hotel opened, a lot of thought went into the choice of mattress, pillows, duvets and linen. Hopefully, from your comments and other reviews, it looks like we got this right!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Agree wholeheartedly with a previous reviewer who gave 1 star. Came away with my husband for a relaxing break, not much relaxing you can do in a cold box with no windows, thin duvet and pillows, no carpet, no kettle and not enough room in the room to even be able to get out of the bed from both sides. We clearly misunderstood the description on the website, boutique to me, denotes some element of luxury and service. A more accurate description of this hotel would be modern budget hotel rather than boutique budget hotel. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012
Laura S, Ops Development Manager at Bloc Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the hotel and that it didn't meet your expectations. We realise that our product may not appeal to everyone that stays however the positive responses have been overwhelming so far.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

stayed at the bloc recently for a weekend away with our friends. extremely clean, very comfortable bed and a fantastic shower. we enjoyed the pods and all we needed. receptionists very helpful and really friendly. will definitely stop here again, great value for money. definitely luxury on a budget!! 15minute walk to city centre and £5 for a taxi onto broad street

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nurseyali

Thank you for you review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

My girlfriend booked me this Bloc Hotel for my birthday. We stayed at the Bloc Hotel on a two night on 30th Jan until the 1st of Feb 2012.

At £45 it was a bargain! The service from the lady on reception was extremely good, she was very friendly and helpful.

The fixtures were definitely well thought out, and certainly had a "luxury" feel. The bed was rather large and extremely comfortable and the shower was amazing. The bathroom 'module' is a wet room so you need to think what order to do things in and make sure the shower is pointing at the WC but quite frankly it adds to the funkiness of the hotel. The towels were big and soft and the mattress wonderfully comfortable. No frills but you can get decent coffee and snacks from vending machines if needed.

This is a modern pod style hotel. £50 for one of the most comfortable night but that was the best offer but it's normally £90 per night. we've had in a hotel. Its a new hotel and clean and spotless. Would highly recommend for a cheap yet smart quiet stay just out of the city centre but in good walking distance (about 10mins).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kbtang

What a great description of your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Hopefully you'll be back in Birmingham to stay again soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We booked the hotel for a weekend in Birmingham, we went into town to the Christmas market, the hotel is a ten minute walk from the centre of town. It is in a lovely area near St Paul's church and the Jam House bar. We like this style of hotel and usually stay at the Nite Nite but Bloc rooms are bigger and it just feels nicer as its not right at the noisy heart of the city.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StoneleighBarbie
Laura S, Ops Development Manager at Bloc Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for your kind comments.