Bloc Hotel Birmingham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Saint Pauls House(Birmingham)
  • Room Service
1,050 results
All reviewswet roomjewellery quarterno windowrooms are smallcity centrevending machinewindowless roomst paul's squaremonsoon showernearby ncpjam housestorage spacecomfy bedair conshort staygreat showerbedside table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I arrived at the Bloc hotel on 15th August 2013 for a one night stay with a companion. Upon arrival everything we needed to know was explained to us by the reception staff and they met all the special requirements we listed online when booking including a hair dryer etc.
The room was clean, airy and felt fresh! It was made up and was extremely clean. The shower was a definite 10/10 the wet room was lush, I didn't want to get out. The room was always a perfect temperature and I had the best nights sleep I've had in a long time!

The only thing I would say is when leaving my room on the first day after check in to go shopping I could hear a couple clearly expressing their love in an intimate manor. I later realised although wile in your room you hear nothing from nothing from other rooms, you can hear every noise made in the corridor! However the hotel is peaceful so this was not really a problem. Also there needs to be some sort of bath may just outside the shower!

Apart from this our stay was faultless, I can't stress how perfect this hotel is for a city break, definitely ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank tdavs95
Laura S, Ops Development Manager at Bloc Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Great review thanks! I'm almost a little embarrassed to hear about your neighbours and their own in-room entertainment. We take all feedback seriously and you'll be pleased to hear that inline with our Birmingham expansion plans all of our rooms will be fitted with brand new doors to better sound proof noise from room to corridor. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, bed was excellent room was small but very comfy. The shower room was brilliant with a rain cloud shower ( I think that's what it's call) it's was a great hotel in a good location and decently recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Djdarren13

Thank you for your review! Glad you liked the hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We like the hotel and concept. But the bed could be more comfortable and it would be lots better if we could get into bed independently each side. I have stayed here 3 times over 3 years as it is close to Lasan where my wife and I go for a special meal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Laurence F
Laura S, Ops Development Manager at Bloc Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

First of all I would like to thank you for continually choosing to stay at Bloc Hotel Birmingham when you dine at Lasan's to celebrate your special occasion. I hope you had a lovely evening.
Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the beds being enclosed 3 sides as that is the design of the room. However I would be interested to know which room you stayed in so I can get the mattress checked as normally we have quite good comments regarding our 'Big Comfy Beds'.
Should we be lucky enough to have you stay with us next year, why don't you try staying in an Accessible Room? The room does not have a window, however the room is larger and the bed can be accessed from both sides. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here for just the one night.

It was perfectly placed for us as we were mid way between the Jewellery quarter and the City Centre.

The room is compact, but really nice and all we needed for our stay. The hotel felt really modern and we had a nice welcome. We parked on the local NCP and reception gave us a card to insert on our way out which brought down the parking to £5.50 from about £20. You can park after 6.00 in the evening on the streets nearby and it is free on Sunday.

You're not too far from the city centre if you want to walk in, but in the evening we ate locally and went to a few pubs in the jewellery quarter. The hotel has partnered with some local restaurants and offered discounts which i think is a great idea, shame more hotels don't do it. Unfortunately we had already booked our restaurant for the night before we checked in otherwise we would have taken them up on it.

We would definitely choose this hotel again if in Birmingham.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HEC

We look forward to your return! It's always nice to be complimented on the little things that the hotel does well as you don't often hear about them and hearing that you liked our discounts that have been arranged with the local bars & restaurants was great! Like you say, next time you stay, you will have to try them out! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We down graded our room to one without a window on the advice of other reviews, and am certainly pleased I did. Initially unsure what a room with no windows and a room so small that the bed touches three walls (as informed by another review), the reality was something extremely impressive.

The biggest and most comfortable bed I've stayed in, (my girlfriend is now thinking about upgrading ours at home!). The room is small, but for reasons you have to experience to truly understand, the combination of huge bed, large flat screen tv at the foot, lighting and free wifi it makes an ideal one or two night cheap stop over. It's does the things you need for a short stay very well.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chris E

Thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.