Holiday Inn Express Birmingham South A45
Ranked #62 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great reception staff. Very welcoming and friendly. I like that fact that public can't get in unless you have a card to the room. Good security. Only one down side, as I was sitting waiting for my partner I got told to move because the cleaning needed doing. Petty I know but he could have waited 2 minutes as I had 4 bags, 2 coats and a big bouquet of flowers. So I struggled to try n walk over to the other area. And the man with his right eyebrow pierced didn't even say thank you. Rude. I would have rated 5 if it wasn't for him.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Samantha J, Deputy Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham South A45, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thanks Leanne F for th review glad you found the lay out of the Hotel safe and comforting. However sorry that you felt one of our team let us down slightly but resure better handling of this situation will be given so this never happens again. Hope to see you next time you visit Birmingham.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here recently while i was attending a business meeting in city centre . The Hotel was really easy to find and car park secure (although a little charge its nice knowing your car is secure) the reception team were really friendly and helpful and the checkin procedure was quick . The room itself I could not fault it is what it is, but more importantly it was clean I could not find anything wrong with it . There is a restaurant that serves food 5.30-9.30pm but I was eating out with colleagues that night so maybe next time . Breakfast was hassle free . Help yourself 3 hot choices , sausage scrambled egg and beans and then the usual toast cereal fruit yoghurt rolls etc perfect for that simple stop over will definitely use again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your review. Glad you found us easy to find, and yes there is a small fee on the carpark £3 for IHG members and £5 for none members which is a small fee for secured carpark with CCTV and our Night porters do regular walks around them. Our free breakfast is a big hit with guests and next time you stay try our evening menu i must recommend the Angus Burger with cheese and bacon on a mustard seed bun very tasty. I will pass on your comments to the team and the hard working housekeeping team who work very hard to keep the bedrooms to a high standard.
Look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Recently stayed at this hidden gem in Birmingham. Easily located on the main A45 half way between the NEC and City Centre. We found the staff on shift to be friendly and efficient and nothing was too much trouble. We also forgot our toothbrushes but they were able to provide them for free. The rooms were very clean, spotlessly I may add and there was nothing we could fault and I would recommend this hotel to all our friends and family. I would just like to say well done to all the team who keep the hotel looking new, we just couldn't believe it was nearly 3 years old, it still looks and smells brand new!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Great review Dave J.The team work hard to keep the Hotel spotless and still looking like brand new which is an acheivement after two and half years. Glad to see you took us up on a forgotton item which we was able to provide toothbrushes are among a few of the toiletry items we provide guests if they find they have left them at home. Hope to see you back soon and a big thank you from the staff and management.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed again at Holiday Inn Express Coventry Rd. second time and again staff very helpful, Very friendly. Bed very comfortable so much so I had to ask if could purchase the bed, best nights sleep in a long time. Much better experience than staying in a large hotel, have booked friends for a week end later in the year and hope the staff are still the same.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Great to see returning guests it means alot to us. Our team do their very best to make guests feel welcome, and your comments go a long way in maintaining the standard. Glad you liked our Hypnos mattresses and had a great night sleep. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

we booked at reception on the afternoon of our stay for one night my father was in heartlands hospital. a delay in him going to theatre meant he would be kept in over night, the hotel room was fabulous and spotlessly clean. we intended to have a relaxing breakfast. but several staff stood behind us discussing among other things poor working conditions regards breaks . when they could see we were not impressed they moved by reception area , when the receptionist joined in the conversation, there conversation was loud. At 9.30am we became aware of why they all congregate in reception it was because they are allowed to eat from the breakfast buffet. I asked receptionist if she thought it appropriate for staff stand talking , she seemed surprised and asked if we meant her we did remind her part of the conversation that she joined in about insoles in shoes during long working hours. she did then say sorry, and said all she could do was apologise. on this occasion the staff let the hotel down badly

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Samantha J, Deputy Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham South A45, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and opportunities to improve. Whilst i am pleased with the good comments, i truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving. i am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service , we maintain the standard of keepingguest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests needs and expectations are met in the future.
Thank you again for your review and i hope you will choose our Hotel next time you visit Birmingham.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed for weekend with 4 member of the family in two family rooms , checking on arrival wasn't smooth at all, I was tired, arrived late and have to be out again immediately, but the receptionist told me I need to pay daily rate as i have just arrived even though i booked it few days before for a lot less price. He was polite and nice but had no way of finding out what price i booked for even though i had the conformation with the right price on my iphone, that took a bit of time and still had to wait for manager to sort it out next day, that was the only problem. I want to just check in quick and go about without having to discover the booking system is not connected to whoever agency they use for their booking. about 45 mins lost there.
other than that, staff are friendly, polite, hotel was clean, sofa bed can be improved, it wasn't very comfortable.
Good continental breakfast, quite breakfast eating area. You have free newspapers to read too.
Will I stay there Yes.

Room Tip: make sure you have your booking printed with you or conform price on the phone before you get there...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate all feed back good or bad as this helps our team improve on the service we offer, However I am sorry to read your check in was not as smooth as it should of been. We hope to see you next time you visit Birmingham.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

What a pleasure it was to stay in this hotel.
The rooms are fabulous and spotlessly clean. As for the beds, I've never slept in one as big or as comfortable. The shower rooms are amazing. Fantastic tv with no shortage of channels including Sky etc. All this, plus free wi-fi throughout
The buffet breakfast is free and more than adequate, offering something for everyone.
The restaurant and bar served great food and drink at very reasonable prices.
The staff were all very helpful and extremely courtious.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates genuinely good hospitality at down to earth prices.
A definite winner which is "spot on".

Room Tip: Before booking one of the 5 star rated hotels within a 5 mile radius, do youself a favour and consid...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the 5* review of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the hotel and the service we provide and you received from our team i will be sure to pass on your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Birmingham.