“Splendid Saturday Experience”

Annexe
Price range: US$24 - US$113
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Oozing laidback bohemian charm, Annexe Restaurant crafts refined continental cuisine. An exciting, innovative new Mediterranean menu from a chef of Michelin pedigree brings flavours from around Europe - predominantly France, Italy and Spain. All this in a vintage atmosphere full of family style warmth and soul.
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We've been regular diners at the Annexe for a while now, and we have never been disappointed. Last night's dinner was perfect.I particularly enjoyed my starter of watermelon and haloumi. In sum, the service was warm, attentive and well-paced.

1  Thank Liz O

Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the food to the service to the atmosphere...everything was perfect!! Service was impeccable-we didn't pour a single glass of wine all night and didn't have to wait too long for our food/or for it to be cleared. The food was out of this world!! I would recommend to anyone wanting to make any occasion extra special!!

2  Thank horo66_21
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in for lunch on a rainy Birmingham day and were delighted. Great decor, atmosphere and charming discrete service. We chose to share the Cote de Boeuf which was served rare but hot ( so many restaurants fail to achieve this). The steak was succulent and very flavoursome, served with delicious chips, winter greens and 3 small jugs of different sauces. One of the best steaks I have eaten.
The service was excellent, the music great in fact the whole lunch was a joy. Didn't get a chance to try the desserts - the steak saw to that!

2  Thank Paulnet48
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Fab place. The set up is lovely here with old movies playing on a large wall. Our waitress was amazing, so bubbly and lively, I wish I could remember her name. Food is lovely but its definitely the atmosphere and service that makes this place.

Would go back again with friends and family.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this for a family celebration having read the reviews here, hoping for a vibrant, busy atmosphere, it was Thursday lunch and when we arrived there was one other table of business diners and a slight feeling of being unexpected. The staff were very friendly and the food was nice but we felt aware of ourselves and sure enough after we had been served our food we noticed kitchen /waiting staff surreptitiously having their own lunch at a nearby table. Truly uncomfortable! Looking around I imagine it would be wonderful packed in the evening on one of their themed parties they advertise, but for lunch, definitely lacking that zing! Disappointed.

Annexe_Restaurant, Manager at Annexe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thanks for visiting Annexe. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and service, but I am sorry you did not find the atmosphere up to expectations.
If you are referring to Thursday 1st May, I am assuming you must have arrived quite late for your lunch, since we had reasonably busy lunch service overall. In this case I am sorry it was a bit empty, but we do not normally have many late lunch tables in during the week and in honesty the number of customers we have on a given day is beyond our control.
I also ask about the time of your arrival since staff do not have lunch until after service is essentially finished - usually well after 3pm. We do give, and have always given lunch to all our waiting team after service - it's part of the culture and improves general and product specific knowledge. I am sorry if seeing them eat was uncomfortable for you, but provided that it adhered to the criteria above and it did not result it any neglect of your table, it is really just part of the Annexe culture. Of course if they were eating during the main service itself then I must apologise profusely will look into it immediately. Having investigated this I can find no evidence to suggest it, but if it is the case please email me info@annexe.co with details.
I hope that you might visit us again so you can enjoy the kind of atmosphere we have built our reputation on.
Yours,