“After the other reviews, what more to say?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elmdon Lodge

Elmdon Lodge
Ranked #1 of 54 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“After the other reviews, what more to say?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

My six day stay at Elmdon was one of the highlights of my ten week holiday. Katherine and company provided me with the kindness and comfort one usually only finds at home and instructed their very well mannered cat to guard my door! Clean and comfortable surroundings and good food gave me a real sense of security and wellbeing.

Room Tip: My guess is that they are all good.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

"Wow!"..From our arrival at Elmdon Lodge,a beautiful Edwardian house we felt completeley at home.It was a pleasure to be in the company of the welcoming owners K atherine and Terry,who made our stay especially memorable.Our family of four stayed at Elmdon Lodge on Easter Sunday,in a warm,spacious,clean and comfortable room,with a lovely view of the huge and tranquil back garden.There were even two chocolate Easter Bunnies waiting in the bedroom for our daughters arrival!.What a lovely suprise for them and so very thoughtful.Terrys English Breakfast was "F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C!",everything freshly prepared and hot!.Once again our daughters had a treat Hot Chocolate and squirty cream served with their breakfast!We really didnt want to leave Elmdon Lodge,which really is a "hidden gem" and will definitely be returning to stay again very soon.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

Very clean and comfortable. Modern bed coverings and fittings (no floral throws!!). Bathroom clean and functional and everything worked well. I would recommend to others as it is very good value and without compromise on quality. I will stay again. They get plenty of repeat business, and I understand why.
Very friendly welcome, they even allowed us to bring in our takeaway food and eat it in the lounge. Close to a range of small shops and takeaways.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Bangaluru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

Being a stranger to Birmingham, I felt secured when, received a warm welcome from Katherine and Terry. Initially I stayed there for 6 weeks and though my trip got extended to 12 weeks Katherine was very well managed my stay with my uncertainties over duration of stay. I would suggest Elmdon Lodge to all my colleagues and friends. I would prefer to stay there whenever I visit Birmingham. Of course they gave room for a reduced price as my stay was longer. They took care of me when i was sick. Finally their accommodation made me feel good and comfortable though I was staying long away from my family. Thanks Terry, Katherine & family!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Muenster, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

I stayed for three weeks at Elmdon Lodge while doing a work placement for my German law studies and I can say that this was one of the best times in my life - especially with regard to this accommodation.

Katherine, Terry and the staff could not have been more kind and caring to me. I had a single ensuite room which was really enough space just for me. The room was nice and quiet and the bath was always kept very clean with new fresh towels everyday (thanks to Rosie and Julia!). The bed was even bigger than the one I sleep in at home not forgetting that there was always a new bed linen. Every room has a flat screen TV on it. The free Wi-Fi access was very useful to me to keep in touch with my family and friends at home. All in all there was nothing one could have done more to make me feel comfortable.

Breakfast was always very fine and rich - everything is prepared freshly just the way you like it. I am sorry Katherine for not tasting the full English breakfast but as a German it was just too much for me in the mornings. ;)

Acocks Green is a nice and calm location with everything one needs close to Elmdon Lodge. There is a bus stop right at the top of Elmdon Road where the 11A and 11C stop every 5 - 7 minutes. To the Acocks Green Village it is just a short 7 minutes walk. The Acocks Green Rail station is only a 2 minutes walk far away from the accommodation and with the train calling here every 20 minutes it only takes 5 minutes to get to the city centre of Birmingham.

Even if this was my first time in Britain, also thanks to Katherine, Terry and the staff I never felt like a stranger. They gave me so much confidence from the first day on and it was more like living in a family than being just one of the many guests. I hope I will be able to come back soon!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

Stayed for 3 nights - 5 people total. Quality of B+B was first rate - good rooms, quiet, excellent food and a landlady in Katharine for which nothing is too much trouble. If staying in the Birmingham/Solihull area I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

I stayed here for two nights whilst training with work, my partner stayed with me the 1st night as he had work in the area also. I fully expected to move to a single room the 2nd night but was allowed to stay in the same room, which saved a lot of hassle.

The room was huge, beds were comfy and shower room was lovely.

We could not have asked for a warmer welcome from Katherine & Terry, and it seemed nothing was ever going to be too much trouble for them. They even recommended the nicest restaurants near by, both nights.

Wonderful stay and if I ever have to stay in the area again, I will certainly stay here!!

Thanks again!!