“Hope to be back!”

Ranked #1 of 52 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Hope to be back!”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

If only every hotel was as good as this one, then I would not be so upset about working away from home. Been using this hotel for over 4 years, how do they maintain such high standards? If I wasn't such an idiot, putting these comments onto an email and not this review site, then the world would know how good this place is. The friendliness, the food, the whole atmosphere of the place is just so right. I would love to be more objective and write a balance view of this establishment but I seriously can not think of a negative thing to say about this place. Oh, wait a minute, I think it rained on the second day of my stay. there you are a balanced view.

Room Tip: Go for room 18 for a family.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This is the way all B&Bs should be run. We only stayed one night but the owners really made us feel at home, The en-suite room was very clean and well equipped and the breakfast was excellent. There was lots of space for parking around the back for added security. Elmdon Road was very quiet and we had a good night's sleep. All in all we couldn't have asked for better and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Elmdon Lodge if you're visiting Birmingham. Why pay a fortune to stay in an anonymous chain hotel when you can feel at home in a place like this?

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
UNITED KINGDOM
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I had a lovely time. Room was quiet and well equipped. Gorgeous house! Very Clean. Gated garage for security. Delicious breakfast! Best value! Katherine, Terry, and their little dog are the nicest ever. Will definitely go back! Best BNB in England I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed at the Elmdon Lodge with my daughter and granddaughter for 2 nights. We were staying in Birmingham from Reading for my fathers funeral. Katherine made us feel so welcome and even though it was such a sad time, her hospitality was second to none. We all felt we were staying with family. My granddaughter is only 2 and Linda couldn't do enough for her at breakfast time....nothing was too much trouble. Katherine you will always have a place in my heart...I cannot thank you enough.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
La Plata, Argentina
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I felt fantastic since the reception, the attention in very warm and the place is very comfortable, the breakfast is amazing and very rich.
I was entered as a visitor, I lefted as a friend.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2011

My six day stay at Elmdon was one of the highlights of my ten week holiday. Katherine and company provided me with the kindness and comfort one usually only finds at home and instructed their very well mannered cat to guard my door! Clean and comfortable surroundings and good food gave me a real sense of security and wellbeing.

Room Tip: My guess is that they are all good.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2011

"Wow!"..From our arrival at Elmdon Lodge,a beautiful Edwardian house we felt completeley at home.It was a pleasure to be in the company of the welcoming owners K atherine and Terry,who made our stay especially memorable.Our family of four stayed at Elmdon Lodge on Easter Sunday,in a warm,spacious,clean and comfortable room,with a lovely view of the huge and tranquil back garden.There were even two chocolate Easter Bunnies waiting in the bedroom for our daughters arrival!.What a lovely suprise for them and so very thoughtful.Terrys English Breakfast was "F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C!",everything freshly prepared and hot!.Once again our daughters had a treat Hot Chocolate and squirty cream served with their breakfast!We really didnt want to leave Elmdon Lodge,which really is a "hidden gem" and will definitely be returning to stay again very soon.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family