“Home from home”
Review of Elmdon Lodge

Elmdon Lodge
Ranked #1 of 56 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I booked a nights stay at Elmdon Lodge based on the previous excellent reviews and I could not have picked a more wonderful place to stay. I had tickets to the Good Food Show at the nearby NEC and needed to arrive early. Katherine made sure our cases were locked away and when we returned from a hard days shopping they were in our room. We were also treated to fresh coffee and warm croissants and a taxi organised for us despite Katherine and Terry organising breakfast for all the previous nights hungry guests and taking payments from guests leaving. I happened to be staying when Katherines parents who previously owned and ran the guest house were visiting and I could clearly see where the passion came from.

Our room was a triple at the top of the house and was a great size with plenty of storage and a handy suitcase rack, tea and coffee making facitilities, hair drier and a very spacious bathroom with a new power shower and nice toiletries. Breakfast in the light dinning room overlooking the garden was a very pleasant experience. It was clear that Katherine was genuinuely interested in our day/evening and we spent a very enjoyable twenty minutes or so chatting. The cooked breakfast was delicious and I saw a selection of cereals/fruits/porridge/yoghurts and bagels for those wanting a lighter option.

Elmdon Lodge really is the best of British B and B's and the fact they have so many repeat guests really shows they do welcoming and caring better than all the rest. I felt like I was staying with old friends and I very much look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrCroc

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed at Elmdon Lodge on 26th November. I was made to feel very welcome, Katherine and Terry were great, the breakfast was excellent I would definately recommend this b & b. Thank you for making me feel so welcome

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Gail F
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Brilliant host and hostess in Terry and Katherine, we were made to feel so welcome by them from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.
The rooms where what you would expect of a 4/5 star rated hotel, plenty of nice toiletries, tea/coffee/hot chocolate etc (no biscuits or tissues).
Good easy to use flat screen tv, comfy bed, a fire escape right outside the window (always a plus point I think!) and wonderful views over the lovely gardens.
We were advised of a good eatery just 10 mins walk away which did not disappoint!(see our review on The Westerly best western hotel/grill).
Breakfast was one of the best we have had staying at any b+b or hotel.
The quality and quantity of food was outstanding...nothing was a problem, veggie breakfast even cooked in separate cooking area
Don't think about going anywhere else if your in this area, book it now!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheVDubs
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed at Elmdon Lodge on 26th September when I had to travel to Birmingham for work. This was all booked for me through work and what a treat it turned out to be.

I arrived at Acocks Green around 10am and called the BnB to see if I could drop my case off early, Katherine (the owner) was so lovely to speak to and when I arrived at the BnB how welcoming she was, after discovering I'd been on a train since 6am she offered me tea and toast. When arriving back at the BnB after my day in a meeting Katherine gave sound advice on where to eat that night and also said if I fancied a take away it could be eaten in the dining room (not very often that would be offered in another BnB).

The room was lovely, big double bed, so comfortable, lovely clean en-suite with good quality toiletries. A decent sized flat screen TV which worked properly and had all the channels.

I had a perfect nights sleep and beakfast in the morning was superb! Plenty of cereals on offer, fruit juices, fresh fruit, cooked breakfast you name it you could have it, absolutely fab.

If I ever have to return to Birmingham again I will definitely stay at Elmdon Lodge. Thank you to Katherine for a wonderful stay and making me feel so welcome :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My friend and I have just come back from a stay here with our children. The unknown is always something you worry about when travelling with children but what a find Elmdon Lodge was!! We booked based on reviews on trip advisor and cannot fault it. The hospitality from Katherine was second to none and the rooms and breakfast (YUM!) were lovely. Duckdown feather pillows and matresses and the scrummiest cooked breakfast I've had in a long long time! Even better was the fact that there was a Best Western hotel within 2 mins drive where we had dinner but we needn't have worried as were told that if we didn't fancy it we could order a takeaway and have it at there! Kids can be fussy so was nice to know we could fall back on that option. I cannot recommend it enough - we will certainly stay at Elmdon next time. Thank you Katherine - was an absolute pleasure to have met you.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The BnB is just a little off the city center, but it is near a railway station that goes directly into the city. Katherine was there to welcome us when we arrived, and made us all a cup of tea. Our room is the attic room with a toilet. The room is very spacious, beds were very comfortable. The toilet is big and very clean. It felt like a 5-star hotel.

Katherine is a lovely lady, and gave us tips on visiting the city. Our breakfast the next morning was a feast. I will definitely be back if I visit Birmingham again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zach_Loh
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed at the Elmdon Lodge B&B on Friday 2nd September when I came to Birmingham with a friend. Katherine the owner is the sweetest lady in the world!! Such a kind and genuine person! And very welcoming to all. She tells you about who's staying so that you get a feel of the place. My room was beautifully and very tastefully decorated in my favourite (coincidentally!) colour purple. The paintwork and all furnishings including bed linen were immaculate. I had a lovely view of the pretty garden below. The ensuite was immaculate; spotlessly clean. Fab flat screen tv that worked perfectly. She even asked whether I was ok with feather pillows, which is something I'd not thought of, but I can't do feathers! So she saved me an uncomfy night! Nothing was too much trouble for her and you really do feel part of the family as she takes the time to introduce the guests to one another when you meet in the dining room. The breakfast is yummy and there's a wide choice of tasty stuff. It really is a convenient 3 minute walk to Acock's Green station and then 5 minutes on the train to Moor St Station in Birmingham! I would stay there again, recommending it whole heartedly to all and I'd even pop in to see her if I was passing as she's so lovely! I met Rosie too and had a good chat and she's lovely! I'd give it 11/10 on all counts!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends