“A Hidden Gem”

Ranked #1 of 52 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Merseyside
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed at Elmdon Lodge for one night chosen because it was near where my friend lives who I was visiting with another friend flying in from Dublin. Did not know what to expect but as it was only one night, thought it would be fine. Having now stayed it was more than fine. Located on a quiet road, with spacious bedrooms, comfortable beds and absolutely spotlessly clean - it is an excellent place to stay. Katherine and Terry the owners make you feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble in fact Terry dropped us at our friends house. Many thanks to Katherine and Terry for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Don't worry all rooms looked great! My room had a double and two singles beds perfect for a fam...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
gloucester
Reviewed 10 September 2012

well stoped here during the dairy event at the NEC as hotels at that end of town were charging 120 per night , this place is a little gem on a quite street .easy to get to and from and right buy local train station
great host
fab breaky
used twice now and will use again

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We are a local couple who got married in June 2012. As we live together I the bride needed a hotel to stay at and Katherine and Terry were fabulous. They accommodated myself and both of our families and friends for the weekend. The facilities are beautiful, the rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean and breakfast was amazing! The friendly homely atmosphere was so very welcome and kept everyone relaxed and at ease before our wedding. I cannot recommend Elmdon Lodge highly enough, our families will always have a friendly place to stay when visiting in future. They really did allow us to use their home as ours. We definitely recommend this wonderful place to stay and are looking forward to returning for our anniversary!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Elmdon lodge is a warm and inviting b&b, with excellent service! The owners and so welcoming and couldn't do more for their guests!! Room was very spacious and clean. Breakfast was very good with a wide range of hot and cold foods. Overall a great stay I will Definately return!

• Stayed July 2012
Fermanagh
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Recently stayed in Elmdon on a Business trip and Katherine and Terry couldn't be more helpful. All the residents were so friendly - like one big family.
Very clean and spacious bedrooms and they breakfast was excellent. I paid the extra to have my evening tea - and it was worth every penny. Terry is a master chef!
As my trips to the UK is looking more frequent i will definitely be making Elmdon Lodge my first preference for a place to stay.
Well run business and Top Staff!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Cannock
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I first meet Katherine and Terry after suffering a breakdown. Their help and understanding did so much for me. I have stayed at Elmdon Lodge several times since. Top marks must be given!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I recently stayed at Elmdon lodge in order to attend a hospital conference nearby. I was amazed at the friendliness of not only the owners, Katherine and Terry but all of the hotels staff.
I was upgraded to a beautiful, spacious and clean double room with a lovely view of the hotel gardens. Breakfast was delicious which set me on my way for my conference at Hearlands hospital which indeed was nearby and easily accessable by car.
I would definately stay at this fantastic B&B again. Well done Katherine and Terry !!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business