“Like staying with your Sister”
Review of Elmdon Lodge

Elmdon Lodge
Ranked #1 of 52 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Prestatyn
“Like staying with your Sister”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed the night on 22 June 2013 and was amazed to find this little gem. Terry and Katherine were the perfect hosts, felt as if I had known them years. Nothing was too much trouble. Hotel nice and clean in a peaceful area. Would definitely stay again when visiting Birmingham. The size of the breakfast was something to be reckoned with and it tasted as good as it looked.
Thanks again for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had a brief but fabulous stay in this clean and accommodating lodge. The hosts could not have been more welcoming without being overbearing. The room was great and the breakfast fantastic. Wish I could have stayed longer. I cannot recommend the value for money here more highly.

• Stayed June 2013
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We recently stayed one night with our 4 year old son while over from Northern Ireland. Katherine and Terry were wonderful hosts and made us feels so welcome. The house is in a lovely quiet residential street with a beautiful safe garden. Our 4 year old is still talking about the nice lady's house! I really can't recommend Elmdon Lodge highly enough and wouldn't hesitate to stay again when next in Birmingham

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have to confess that I came across Elmdon Lodge purely by accident after a late requirement one day, but what a discovery... having stayed in various hotels and guest houses around the area finally I find utopia. I was greeted with a super warm welcome into a great big old house which was clean and well presented but with loads of character and charm, there's even a nice lounge area with wooden floors, comfy chairs and a TV should you want to use it... I was shown to my room which again was spotlessly clean, a lovely comfy bed, nice shower, TV, tea/coffee/chocolate all complimentary and a nice view over the big rear garden which had seating, lawn, trees hanging baskets... perfect.
Breakfast was lovely and served with charm and a smile, I had full English, highly recommended.
The proprietors cook home made food most nights which again is absolutely delightful and plentiful too... when they are not cooking you are at liberty to get a take-away or have one delivered and use the dining room and facilities there no problem.
Katherine and Terry are the perfect hosts and go out of their way to make your stay as perfect as possible... I was almost tempted not to do this write up in case it gets too popular and I can't get a room next time I need one ;)
Just imagine you have a rich Auntie that lives in a big house near the city whom you see every so often and is always delighted to see you and make you as welcome as humanly possible... Elmdon Lodge

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 35Hunter
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband & I stopped here recently for 2 nights & were extremely well looked after.

Breakfast was cooked fresh when we came down in the morning. It was nice, hot & plentiful & all served with a smile!

The room was comfy, the bed, pillows & duvet were great - I slept like a dream....& that had nothing to do with the wine I'd drank!

We cant really praise them enough.

We were staying local but for anyone wanting to be in Birmingham City Centre it's 1 stop & about 6mins on the train with the station just around the corner. The NEC & airport is only a short drive too - so excellent location too.

Thanks!
Nicola, April 2013

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank nicola s
Scotland
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I spent one night here, for a short trip to an event at the NEC. We received a very warm and friendly welcome from Katherine, who immediately booked us a table at a local restaurant for dinner. The room was very clean and comfortable... nice fittings, fresh, new bedding and all you need for a night away from home. Breakfast fitted the bill - nothing would have been too much bother. Would definitely recommend and stay again, if I was down in Birmingham again. Only 10-15 minutes drive from the NEC.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mandogirl
Wales
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have stayed at Elmdon Lodge again twice since my last review. I can honestly say its still a great place to stay. I had to travel further to work, but had no hesitation to book in at Elmdon Lodge. Katherine and Terry as always EXCELLENT hosts.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business