“Most Comfy Bed in Britain!!!”
Review of Elmdon Lodge

Elmdon Lodge
Ranked #1 of 54 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed at elmdon lodge for a few days and it was simply amazing. Katherine and Terry
are super awesome. They genuinely care about their guests. I had trouble sleeping and every bed just seemed uncomfortable but at Elmdon lodge I slept like a baby. Very serene, CLEAN and tidy.
I stayed in Room 4 and it's was really quiet and spacious..
Breakfast is made to order very fresh and ample.
I ve got countless great comments about Elmdon Lodge
It's close to Acocks green rail station about 3 mins walk, you can catch trains there to the city centre. Convenience stores walking distance as well. It's a really nice place and I ll definitely stay there next time I'm in b'ham. It's also in Avery secure area. I was concerned about security when booking as a female solo traveller and on getting there I felt very safe. Nothing to worry about. I recommend this place 100%. Lovely place, lovely hosts.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here for a week in June. Loved the area- nice and quiet but only a few minutes' walk to the train to downtown, a 10 minute walk to the bus stop for downtown.

Lovely garden for my morning coffees! I did not have breakfast but it looked good ( I am just not a breakfast person).

The wifi would not work for me, apparently my security settings were wrong? This was weird as I had no other problems with this on the trip. I did end up just hardwiring in to the modem there to check emails quickly,

I will definitely be staying here again next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed the night on 22 June 2013 and was amazed to find this little gem. Terry and Katherine were the perfect hosts, felt as if I had known them years. Nothing was too much trouble. Hotel nice and clean in a peaceful area. Would definitely stay again when visiting Birmingham. The size of the breakfast was something to be reckoned with and it tasted as good as it looked.
Thanks again for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had a brief but fabulous stay in this clean and accommodating lodge. The hosts could not have been more welcoming without being overbearing. The room was great and the breakfast fantastic. Wish I could have stayed longer. I cannot recommend the value for money here more highly.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We recently stayed one night with our 4 year old son while over from Northern Ireland. Katherine and Terry were wonderful hosts and made us feels so welcome. The house is in a lovely quiet residential street with a beautiful safe garden. Our 4 year old is still talking about the nice lady's house! I really can't recommend Elmdon Lodge highly enough and wouldn't hesitate to stay again when next in Birmingham

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have to confess that I came across Elmdon Lodge purely by accident after a late requirement one day, but what a discovery... having stayed in various hotels and guest houses around the area finally I find utopia. I was greeted with a super warm welcome into a great big old house which was clean and well presented but with loads of character and charm, there's even a nice lounge area with wooden floors, comfy chairs and a TV should you want to use it... I was shown to my room which again was spotlessly clean, a lovely comfy bed, nice shower, TV, tea/coffee/chocolate all complimentary and a nice view over the big rear garden which had seating, lawn, trees hanging baskets... perfect.
Breakfast was lovely and served with charm and a smile, I had full English, highly recommended.
The proprietors cook home made food most nights which again is absolutely delightful and plentiful too... when they are not cooking you are at liberty to get a take-away or have one delivered and use the dining room and facilities there no problem.
Katherine and Terry are the perfect hosts and go out of their way to make your stay as perfect as possible... I was almost tempted not to do this write up in case it gets too popular and I can't get a room next time I need one ;)
Just imagine you have a rich Auntie that lives in a big house near the city whom you see every so often and is always delighted to see you and make you as welcome as humanly possible... Elmdon Lodge

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 35Hunter
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband & I stopped here recently for 2 nights & were extremely well looked after.

Breakfast was cooked fresh when we came down in the morning. It was nice, hot & plentiful & all served with a smile!

The room was comfy, the bed, pillows & duvet were great - I slept like a dream....& that had nothing to do with the wine I'd drank!

We cant really praise them enough.

We were staying local but for anyone wanting to be in Birmingham City Centre it's 1 stop & about 6mins on the train with the station just around the corner. The NEC & airport is only a short drive too - so excellent location too.

Thanks!