“Customer service”

Ranked #70 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Customer service”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stay at many business hotels in a working year and espcially Hilton asey have an extremely good loyaly scheme.
The reasom the Birmingham Metropole stands out for me is its location, capacity and above all the quality of service and friendlyness of the staff. They are well trained, polite and helpful. I spend many nights in London and the room rates are excellent here. I usually go for the food package which is great value for money and food is A1. Brackfast is always busy due to the size of the hotel but the restaurant is well staffed and they work to clear tables and serve tea and coffee.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (952)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Having had a not so good experience in Montego Bay Hilton we were a little apprehensive about our hotel choice. However, could not be more wrong!
The staff were some of the best we've encountered and being used to Sandals Resorts we know what good staff should be like. Hiltons staff across the board were highly professional well trained and lovely people. The hotel is of a high standard and being foodies were totally impressed by both the amazing buffet variety and the high standard of the restaurants made it a foodies heaven. Our stay was fantastic. Would not stay anywhere else when visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed November 2011
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Dear Hopeclan

Wow! What a super review. Thank you for your kind comments, especially regarding the professional way our staff our trained.

I was very pleased that you found your dining experiences to be such a pleasure.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the HIlton Birmingham Metropole very soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

The room was freezing no heating!
Some of the staff were rude.
Got waken up @ 8.30 by the fire alarm !
Need a make over !
Decor s dated!!
And to top it all had to pay for the car park!

• Stayed December 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

The service, the room, the food, and everything that comes with was so excellent that I cannot describe my feelings, but basically next to the word amazing in the dictionary is the address to this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the entrance and car park CAN be a little noisy, but its not too disturbing. Up side of...
Dear Lujcy

How kind of you to say we're "the best place in Brum!"

You obviously had a very enjoyable stay with us which I am delighted to hear and I am very pleased that you found everything as you would expect.

We hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My company booked me into this hotel for a conference for 2 nights. The hotel is large, clean and efficient. However the staff are brusque at best. I'm disabled and use a walking stick. Unfortunately I found them entirely unhelpful towards the disabled visitor. For example, I went to sit down at the conference to find the chair had a 2 inch spike poking out from a broken part. I dragged the chair out of the room to avoid someone gouging their leg on it as I had nearly done. In the corridor I tried to stop one member of staff who brushed me aside. I stopped the next two and told them the problem, without speaking to me at all, the woman told her colleague, 'move it for her' and the two of them marched off without even an acknowledgement. In the shop, buying a newspaper, I dropped my walking stick whilst trying to pay, which in turn knocked a roll of sellotape off the shelf. Despite being the only customer, the member of staff watched me ungracefully grope on the floor for my stick, then impassively watched me struggle to get down to retrieve the errant sellotape to put it back. Not once did he move or try to help. The room - TV is massively out of date with poor picture. The light switches would be difficult for arthritic hands and the room is very dim, worryingly so if you are visually impaired. The only plug for hair tongs (or other electricals) is on the floor under the desk, or on the floor by the door, difficult and painful to reach. Which also meant you can't have your phone by the bed unless it's been previously charged. There's no bin in the bathroom (what about initmate items for rubbish?) and it's the only room light enough to do make-up.Someone tried to get in my room saying he was there to mend the lights, but hurridly left when I opened the door and he could see my lights were on. Bizzare.The bar staff are extremely efficient, but there is no warmth at all. It was fast service with good food at a reasonable price, but I felt I was on a treadmill, no one seemed able to chat or give you any time. I gave up and went to watch the dreadful telly in my room. Walls are typically thin, and late night revellers kep me awake. The bed was comfortable, room temperature fine, and the bedding felt nice. But unfortunately the service at breakfast was as I expected. It's the usual wait for 5 mins whilst you make your own toast and no-one offers you any help. I've stayed in some great hotels and wonderful B&B's this year including the Bellagio in Vegas, the Roosevelt in Hollywood and a B&B in Whitby! The service at the B&B in Whitby far outshined anything this hotel offers. There is no denying the location for the NEC is excellent, the hotel is clean and efficient, but if you want warmth, friendliness and a hotel that cares, go find yourself a decent B&B.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 99Michelle99
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for posting your comments following your visit to the hotel.

Whilst I was pleased you were impressed with efficiency of our staff, together with the overall ambience of your room. I was surprised that you found some of our staff to be anything but courteous and helpful. In contract, we receive many, many compliments regarding the efforts our staff go to to make them feel welcome.

We are in the process of upgrading our infrastructure, which will include the replacement of the TV's.

I do hope you will return to the hotel in the near future when I am sure you will receive the usual warm welcome our guests are accustomed to.

Director of Operations

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Hampshire
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed here as part of the conference. It is a vast hotel and once you are inside like a lot of these places you could be anywhere, but i guess that is just how it is. There is lots of parking, £15 per day unless you get it included. The staff were all helpful and finding it from the M42 was dead easy.

The room was comfortable, nothing special for the price, but you get all the usual things you would expect. No free Wifi in the room though ... a bugbear of mine. The restaurants were fine, not cheap but not ridiculously priced. The beer was at hotel prices though and you do feel a bit of a captive audience for that ...

In short I have given this an average just because it was expensive and it does nothing other than deliver a bulk standard hilton type experience, ok as you know things will be ok, but nothing more.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Zenman

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on this website.

I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful as we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service to our guests.

I was also pleased to see that you had found everything to your satisfaction with regards to your room and the restaurants.

I hope you will return again soon.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This is my first experience of executive lounge facilities and it made the cost of our executive twin room excellent value for money due to the complimentary breakfast,afternoon tea and cakes,canopies and alcoholic beverages. I was very impressed with the high standard,quality and choice of food and drinks and the quick,no fuss replenishment of supplies! It was nice to feel trusted to 'help yourself' in a quiet,calm and relaxed environment where nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Room Tip: I would recommend paying a little extra for an executive room in order to to make use of the excelle...
1 Thank Jane L
Dear Jane

Thank you for for such a positive review.

Our Executive Lounge is indeed very popular with our Executive room guests and I am very pleased that you found your stay to be excellent value for money.

We hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#22 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!