“Excellent service”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stay at the hotel regularly. i find the staff very helfpul including the gym, reception and Executive Lounge.

2  Thank TimSouthampton
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Tim

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am of course very pleased that you find our staff helpful and friendly and we naturally look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was very impressed with all aspects of the service at the hotel from the time I entered the buidling until the moment I left. The room was beautifully clean, very well furnished and light and airy. Everything one could possibly want was in the room.

The breakfast and evening meal were supurb, the waiters efficient friendly and helpful.

It was great to be able to use the pool and the gym at no extra cost

I was particularly impreesed with your night receptionist, a young lady called Geri who helped me on Saturday morning with kindess and coutesy even thought she was only 5 minutes from the end of her shift and must have been tired.

I would definitely stay with you again and also recommend it to my friends and colleagues

Room Tip: Make sure that you make any special requirements known to the booking staff when you telephone to av...

Dear Toni

Thank you for such a wonderful review and your kind comments regarding the service you received whilst here.

Rest assured your comments will be shared with the staff and in particular Geri, who you found extremely helpful.

I was pleased that you had the opportunity to use our leisure centre and trust you enjoyed the rest of the hotel's facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Birmingham Metropole in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I recently stayed for 2 nights at the Hilton Metropole and I could not fault the service, facilities, cleanliness or food. The breakfasts had a fantastic range of hot and cold foods well presented and very tasty. My room was very luxurious with everything I needed for a very enjoyable stay. The bathroom was spotlessly clean with a range of complimentary soaps and toiletries. My first evening I had a beer and fish and chips from the lounge bar which was perfectly cooked, served with mushy peas and served by a waiter to the table (and very good value for money). One would expect that the Hilton would be very expensive with this quality of service but my room and parking was less than £80.00 a night.

Dear Adam

I was delighted that you found your staff with us good value for money and that you had a very enjoyable time whilst here.

Our Hilton breakfasts are of course lengendary with a huge variety to cater for all tastes and I am glad that you also enjoyed your other dining experiences.

We hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

The hotel is good, but the price they charge is overpriced, i stayed for 2 Nights as good location for NEC. The staff are great, Put this not 4 Star as it claims. i stayed in room with single Bed that reminded me of my days in RAF. The bed is small . The room was nice and clean. Like convection hotel in states they charge more for the location. The food was good.

Room Tip: Make sure you check room before take it, if you are single person.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CreativeToursFl

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for posting your comments, following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was sorry to learn of your disappointment with your single room. Perhaps I could recommend one of our larger room types when you next visit, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

I was pleased however to see that you that had found our staff friendly and helpful and you had also enjoyed your dining experiences.

I do hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming yoiu back at some point in the future.

Director of Operlations

Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is the Hotel our company uses, and is the reason I was booked in. The room was small, noisey and worst of all smelt of mildew when you entered it. Suprisingly there were no other rooms available! If I had a choice I would not stay here.

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Tim W

Dear Tim

Thank you for your comments. I was sorry to learn of your disappointment with the size of your room and regret that you found it had an unusual odour. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused and I do hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel when perhaps we would recommend one of our larger room types, which you may find suits your requirements more appropriately.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

When you hear the name Hilton, you would naturally associate it with expensive rates ..... Not so !!
I stayed at this hotel, the weekend of 20th -23rd April 2012. I selected the Executive Room that included access to the Executive Lounge. You may say, Exec Lounge ...... Big Deal !!!
Well, it is a big deal !! You have FREE teas, coffees, soft drinks, and spirits, with hot food, cold buffet, sandwiches ..... unlimited. There is too much to mention.
We were greeted by Gill who was the supervisor, who could not do enough for us.
You can even chill out and have breakfast there in the morning
The room was fantastic and there were facilities such as pool, gym etc.
If you have a function to attend at this hotel overnight or weekend, ........ my advice is to book the Hilton. If you think you are going to save money by staying elsewhere, don't bother. You'll spend just as much in taxi fares, plus, if you are tired, you can nip upstairs to your room for a kip, or go to the Exec Lounge to chill out which also has Sky Tv.
We are going back in September 2012 for another function.
We've booked the Exec Room.......
Go onto their website to find out about all the facilities.
Well done Hilton !! - 5 Star Platinum

Room Tip: Go for the Exec Room which gives you access to the Exec Lounge. You will more than recoup the extra...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony F

Dear Tony

Wow! What an amazing review - thank you for your extremely kind comments.

Our Executive Lounge is a huge attraction for many of our guests and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the benefits on offer. You are correct - our Executive rooms are indeed very good value for money.

Once again thank you for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in September.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here on business, the hotel is very clean. Considering they was catering for over 500 people in our party the food was very good. Our rooms were lovely very spacious and modern. My only negative comment would be the bar, although they had a lot of staff on they still didnt have enough on and at times the queue was terrible.

Dear Bongo

Thank you for posting your comments on this website, foilowing your recent stay with us.

I was pleased that you had found everything to your satisfaction and had enjoyed your dining experience. I would however apologise for any delay you encountered at the Bar, this area can become extremely busy at times and hope that it did not detract from your overall enjoyment of your visit.

We hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back very shortly.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#31 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!