“Great quality and value, convenient for NEC or Birmingham Airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #70 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great quality and value, convenient for NEC or Birmingham Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times on Business and Pleasure.

The rooms are to a high standard. Gym & Leisure facilities are well equipped. Restaurants provide a great choice of cuisine and the breakfast never fails to impress. Unfortunately, Millers Restaurant was not open on this occasion, which was a little disappointing.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you have business nearby.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (945)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel recently when they held the Starfury G2 event. The staff were friendly, the cleaners all wished me good morning and cleaned my room well. The event was a success and the hotel didn't charge me for my last night when I decided to leave early which was a bonus! Would deffinately stay again. The food was beautiful! The only downside s that the Costa coffee inside the hotel kept running out of the things I wanted, otherwise it was a perfect trip!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Katie1004
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Katie

I was thrilled to see that you had seen your visit to the hotel as the "perfect trip". Glad you enjoyed the Starfury G2 event too.

We always endeavour to make all our guests feel welcome and I am pleased to see that you found our team here helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Director of Operlations
Rugby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I recently purchased a spa deal via Groupon to use the spa facilities at Hilton metropole. I was very concerned when i first arrived as there were children screaming and splashing in the pool which was the same pool for the spa day. Quite frankly after seeing this I would have turned back but we had travelled some way. Unfortunately we were not informed that there would be children using this spa and it completley ruined our experience of a relaxing spa day, especially as children were running a bombing into the pool!

The massage was nice can't fault that but due to the noise in the pool we left after a couple of hours. The sauna and steam rooms are tiny and the jacuzzi was taken up by hotel guests. One of the Locker door's were hanging off and we didn't get offered the floral tea as part of our deal and last but not least robes and slippers were extra which again we were not informed of at the time of booking. All in all a horrible experience and since writing a letter of complaint nearly 2 weeks ago no-one has got back to me! Not very professional at all and not what i would expect from a 4 star hotel especially Hilton!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MariW2
Dear Mari

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent visit.

You will no doubt have received our letter to you dated 9 August in response to your comments and our offer of compensation.

As you will be aware, the leisure club is used by not only leisure club members but also guests of the hotel. It is unfortunate that the club was particularly busy during the time of your visit and I am sorry for any disappointment caused.

I do regret that you did not receive your floral tea as detailed in your voucher, clearly this was an oversight on the part of our team in the club and I can assure this issue has been discussed with them.

We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Director of Operations.

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Swindon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

My wife and I travel a great deal and make good use of the service given by The Hilton Hotel Group. We had not stayed at The Hilton Metropole Birmingham before, and therefore our visit of 6th & 7th August, 2012 was our first. Having stayed at many Hiltons throughout England, Scotland and Ireland, it is fair to state that this one ranks very highly in standards of excellence and service. It's location is superb being in the area of the NEC complex and within a very short walk of the NEC main halls. For arriving guests the hotel is easy to locate, either from directions given by the hotel, or by the use of Sat Nav. Our Tom Tom Sat Nav took us to the hotel entrance. There is ample parking. The hotel itself is palacial and of grandeur appearance. It is large, spacious and spotlessly clean. The hotel is extremely well presented with an abundance of hardworking, professional, and friendly staff who are second to none. The Reception is adequately staffed by very smart polite individuals dressed in smart suits. Adjacent to Reception is a Concierge desk where the helpful staff are a wealth of information, not only concerning the facilities of the hotel but also of the surrounding area and attractions. If guests need any help or assistance the Concierge staff are the people to see. I can only speak for our own room, which was extremely good, spotlessly clean, well equipped, and a pleasure to occupy. For those who wish book an Executive Room, there is an Executive Lounge where guests can enjoy an array of complimentary refreshments including the most desirable of cakes etc throughout the day and evening. The general lounge on the ground floor is most impressive, being spacious, and well furnished with quality furniture, settees, armchairs etc. The bar staff are most attentive and helpful. The Restaurant is superb with well presented delicious food served to one's requirements. Several of the corridors in the hotel are grand - some with lines of chandaliers.
Complimentary papers are available in a stand for guests. For those who enjoy the 'Living Well' Health Club there are excellent facitilites. Use of this is complimentary for guests. There is a sauna, steam room, a most magnificent clean swimming pool under a glass roof, and a very well equipped gym. It was a pleasure to enter a pool that felt warm. The lighting in the pool area is superb. There are a large number of Conference Rooms available for business use. On the hotel web site there are ample photographs of the rooms etc., so I will simply attach to this review a couple of photographs of the corridors. Within three minutes of the hotel and overlooked by part of it is a large lake with a fountain. This is surrounded by grass and woodland. Wildlife is present and squirrels abound in the trees. A large flock of Canadian Geese use it as their habitat. It takes some fifteen to twenty minutes to walk around the lake - a wonderful place of tranquility. The hotel is also an excellent choice for persons travelling from Birmingham International Airport, in that one can leave one of the hotel entrances and walk directly across to an NEC enrtrance, then walk through there a short distance where one arrives at the entrance to the railway station. Adjacent to the railway station is a complimentary mono rail which runs every couple of minutes directly into the terminal at Birmingham International Airport. Also at the railway station in the NEC one can use the trains for general rail travel and a ride into Birmingham Centre by train is just a short trip. We were so impressed with the hotel and its location that we will return within a month to this hotel. Our overall assessment is that this hotel is a 'Well Oiled Machine' - in that it is very well managed with staff who demonstrate the best in customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Frederick

WOW! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.

I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us and extremely pleased that you found our team here professional, friendly and efficient. Your kind comments will of course be shared with the whole team.

As a seasoned traveller your comments mean a great deal to us all here and we are delighted that you found the service you received at theh hotel to be second to none.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Birmingham Metropole in the very near future.

Thank you once again for your recommendation.

Stow-on-the-Wold
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel in June when I went to see Westlife at their farewell tour. The first thing that hit me when I walked through the door was the smell of the hotel. It was absolutely lovely!
Every single staff member I encountered was friendly, happy and ever so helpful. One even joked with me about how long it’d be until Westlife’s reunion tour! I requested a couple of sachets of decaff coffee at a ridiculous hour (it was after the concert and a drink at the bar!). I was given many sachets of decaff coffee along with milk and shortbread by the concierge.
Breakfast was brilliant! Everything was freshly cooked. The eggs were so fresh that you took the egg in it’s shell to a chef and told them how you wanted it cooked! The selection at breakfast (cooked and continental) was astounding and I certainly got my fill!
The rooms were lovely and I had a great night’s sleep.
I was gutted at myself for forgetting that there was a pool so had no swimming costume. If you go to this hotel REMEMBER swimming gear, the pool looked lovely! There are also beauty therapists working at the hotel providing many different treatments.
An outstanding hotel at an unbeatable price.
The next time I stay in Birmingham this will be my first choice hotel to stay in.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Jess

Thank you for your very kind review following your recent stay with us when you went to see the Westlife concert.

I was very pleased that you found our team to be helpful and friendly - we always strive to make everyone feel welcome.

Glad to see you enjoyed the legendary Hilton breakfast - a great hit with all of our guests.

It is a pity that you couldn't use the pool on this occasion but I'm sure you will enjoy the experience on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

With many competitors it's hard to stand out at the NEC, but booking in advance can get you a great deal at the Hilton, and the service is of expected Hilton standard - rooms are nicely decorated and breakfast is very good. A good all round hotel, will stay again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dadio77
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Dadio

Thank you for posting your review.

You can indeed get a great deal when booking in advance with us we also have many special offers and fly and park deals throughout the year.

Glad you enjoyed the legendary Hilton breakfast and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

sudbury suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed with my daughters and I can honestly say that the hotel staff were so friendly nothing was too much trouble for them. The meals were very large and they did not mind us sharing them as we do not eat much. We would defiantly use them again and look forward to staying there next year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jackieg1960
Dear Jackie

I was delighted to see that you found our staff so friendly and helpful, we always endeavour to make everyone feel welcome at the hotel.

I was also pleased to see that you had enjoyed your dining experiences here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

kind regards

Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#20 of 117 in Birmingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,222 reviews

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!