“Top class”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #73 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Stayed here with my wife as I was attending a business event and everything about shouted quality. Although everything has to be paid for, this is because of its location. The beds where a little hard but the staff are excellent. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkPocock

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I arrived mid afternoon to spend the night before going on holiday. The car park was completely full as there was a huge conference going on, and I didn't know what to do. I left my car in a "no parking" area and went inside, where I found the most helpful and kind concierge I have ever met - I shall name him, because he deserves it - Michael, I shall not forget you! He took me and my car to the only vacant place in the entire car park, where it was safe and well cared for whilst I was away.
This was my third overnight stay before travelling on holiday and I am sure I will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Candytuft271
Reviewed 20 September 2012

A large, busy hotel with excellent facilities and ,best of all, the ever friendly touch so rarely seen these days - from arrival through to departure ! A great position for Birmingham Airport and parking with shuttle bus service included. We would strongly recommend.

1  Thank Roger B
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Quick, friendly and efficient staff, room fine and our car was were we left it when we returned 2 weeks later. Will definateley be back the next time we use the airport and will recomend the hotel to our friends especially those who like our selves are travelling and need an overnight room with parking .

1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed there to go to a concert in the Arena, just around the corner, so it was pretty close. But I have to say the place is pretty ugly and huge! We had one of the so called Executive Room and we didn't even had a minibar. And in the lovely Executive Lounge was no one to find and the drinks where locked away. We were told later that the free 'bar' opens at 18:00 and we were there between 17:00 and 17:30 where we could only see one little fridge with some beer and wine...

But however we went to the bar downstairs and the restaurant, and apart form bad food we had a great service. The staff was everywhere extremely friendly. And I have to say the breakfast buffet was really good!!!

Room Tip: Don't upgrade, it's not worth any penny...
1  Thank MarcAroma
Reviewed 17 September 2012

OK got a room upgrade to a Penthouse suite for £269, would have hated to have paid full-price!
Room was allocated in advance at noon and checked in 8pm so plenty of time to quality check!

Checked on a paid debit card...which seemed ot confuse them, they asked if I had a credit card!
Reciept hardly legible, receptionist said she'd been waiting 2 days for a new cartridge - Image?
No DVD player in the room despite being the penthouse! - Dated/Image
No coffee in the room...only decaffe, whereas any suite I've stayed had its own coffee maker!
Had to call down to reception to have movies activated so didn't bother
Ceiling light in toilet had come away and was hanging down
Minibar switched off/empty - surely people with the penthouse are more likely to use it? Imgage?!
Room service menu limited after 11pm - missed it by 5 mins...Image?
Asked for plates to be removed at 12.30 but not removed until 8am - Hygiene/Image!?
Toiletries were pitifully small and sparse - stay at a Malmaison for the best in this area!
Feedback form was gushingly positive

Mentioned the above in the exec lounge at breakfast but nothing was done about it...although they promised to inform the duty manager

Positives
Concierge helpful and attentive
Exec Lounge breakfast superb atmosphere
Balcony
Great views over lake and Brum

If your going to the LG Arena (ad I was) then stay at the Crowne Plaza as it's closer and better quality.

Just a little bit more attention to detail and updating needed to make things better, will not be staying again as the Hilton name isn't just about lining Paris's pockets!

Room Tip: I was in room 5215 the mountbatten penthouse suite which had fantastic views
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank bos
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We arrived at the Hilton to be greeted by Asher at reception who quickly checked us in and dealt with our car parking ticket and was very efficient. His manner and professionalism was very welcoming and relaxed.
The room was excellent and very clean, the beds were comfortable and well equipped with a hair dryer, tea making facilities, iron and safe.
The bar area was well staffed and friendly. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Beth

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased that you had found everything you would expect at the hotel and had received such efficient service from our Reception team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Ross Mounsey
Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#30 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!