“Don't Bother”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #71 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

£198 for a two night stay at this place is a joke!! The prices in the bar are ridiculous, just because your in the middle of no where they think they can charge £7.40 for a Malibu and coke! The room was just a bog standard 3 * hotel room, we had paid for a queen delux, nothing special at all. We where only provided with one glass in our bathroom which is not a major issue but you expect the basics when paying for it! Also the shower curtain was horribly stained at the bottom. i had a treatment at the spa which was advertised as around 60mins, from where i'm from 40mins is not around 60mins. I am waiting for a call from the spa manager about this as she was on holiday and apparently there is nobody else responsible enough to deal with complaints. I wouldn't go back to the Hilton again, go to the mint hotel, cheaper, great location and clean!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! go to the Mint hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Gem

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I was sorry that you had found your stay to be a disappointing experience. Our prices are monitored to ensure we remain competitive and can advise they are in line with other 4 star establishments throughout the country.

Your comments regarding the shower curtain have been passed to our Executive Housekeeper for her attention and I apologise for this lapse in standards.

I will of course discuss the issue of the spa treatment with our Soa Manager and ensure you are contacted.

I do hope that your disappointment on this occasion, you may reconsider visiting us again at some point in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Great price, and I was given a free room upgrade as well!!. Staff very polite especially restaurant staff. Will stay here again myself, highly recommend to anyone looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Andyoman40
Dear Pippa

I am delighted that you had such a fantastic stay and that we were able to offer you a complimetnary upgrade.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

First time Guest at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole. Absolutely fantastic hotel, right next door to NEC. Room was very comfortable, lovely decor and very clean. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast great, lots of choice and excellent quality. Super facilities, took advantage of the pool and spa, very relaxing. overall hotel far exceeded my expectations. Thank you very much. Will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dear Pippa

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to the hotel.

I am very pleased that you had enjoyed your stay so much and that we had exceeded your expectations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sheffield
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights as part of a business conference. The room was well laid out and stylish with a super comfy bed. Not much of a view or much natural light. The bathroom was functional hit felt a bit dated compared to the room.
Breakfast facilities great despite being incredibly busy the staff were on top of it. The conference facilities were good and the buffet supplied tasty if not a bit stodgy!
Car park a bit intimidating as its huge and must be used by airport users as a longstay alternative.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Rachel

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you had found everything to your satisfaction and you had been impresswed with your dining experiences.

We hope to see you again some soon.

Beaumaris, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

we are going to be staying here again in january for the international elvis convention-it will be our third annual stay for this event and we cannot fault the hotel in any way.
the facilities,food,staff,service are all excellent and their special price for the convention is excellent-3 nights dinner,bedand breakfast for two is only costing £196!!!
the parking is expensive at £15 per day but that is reduced to half price following a stay at the hotel which isnt as bad when you know in advance

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Donna

We are delighted to be able to welcome you back again in January for the every popular Elvis Convention.

It is always pleasing to see our regular guests again and hope you enjoy the Convention.

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

For the second year running I stayed at the Hilton whilst visiting the Top Gear Live show at the NEC, and for the second year I was delighted at the attention to detail shown at this hotel. From the point of booking (by phone, as I like to check the details) the staff couldn't have been more helpful, and spent a good deal of time making sure I was happy.

The room I booked was a straightforward one but it was quite spacious, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was spotless and the view, whilst being of the car park (I noticed a red Ferrari!) wasn't unpleasant. This year I had room service as the bar was crowded by the time I returned from the event, and considering it was 11pm on a Saurday night the meal arrived very quickly, and was enjoyable.

I will certainly stay here again. Yes, it's not the cheapest in the area, but sometimes that's not the point, if you feel you've enjoyed yourself. I can't fault the attitude and helpfulness of the staff, and that's very important when you're a lone female. One thing - when you're booking, ask about special offers. When I did so I got a package of bed, breakfast, afternoon tea and a 30-minute treatment in the Spa, at nearly 40% discount off the bed and breakfast price!

Room Tip: Phone to discuss possible rooms as you'll get more information to help make the best choice. Als...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Dear Diti

Thank you for for taking the time to post your comments following your feedback.

I am delighted you had such an enjoyable time with us again and we very mcuh look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hamilton, Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I visited for an exhibition and stayed for three nights in October of 2012.
Having booked on Expedia for a very good room rate I certainly did not expect too much and my expectations were certainly not exceeded.
On arrival the parking was expensive, I had a free pass as an exhibitor to the nearby Nec car park and opted to take the long walk as opposed to being charged to park nearer to the hotel. Check in was efficient, and after a long walk I arrived at my room. Booked as a single (I expected it to be small) it was tiny, the room was not in good repair, the bathroom was tatty with the tile work in a very poor condition. The room was clean and the daily cleaning service was of a very high standard.
It seems this hotel should have its ratings split between conference and non conference, when chatting to some other guests they reported that their rooms were of a very good standard in the main body of the hotel. I suspect I was in the budget wing and honestly for the $99 a night I should not expect much more.
I did have to walk through two wedding receptions to get to my room over the weekend and possibly could have blended in with the wedding party.
If you get a great price at this Hilton be prepared for the room to be a motel experience, but the in house prices to be 5 star, (Wireless Internet at $21 per day!!!!!)

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin L
Dear Kevin

Thank you for providing your feedback in relation to your recent visit to the hotel.

I was pleased to see you had found a reasonable deal for your stay with us and would perhaps recommend one of our larger rooms next time you stay - you will not be disappointed.

I would advise that complimetnary wifi is available in our Lobby area and our Executive Lounge area and regret that you may not have been aware of this.

I hope we may welcome you back again soon.

Director of Operations

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#22 of 117 in Birmingham
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!