“Good Hotel - Conveniently Located”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #73 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel - Conveniently Located”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Booked this Hotel for a Business Conference last year for three days.

The admin side was very poor in my initial booking stages, so I was quite nervous when it came to the Conference itself, but they really pulled out all the stops!

Staff were fantastic, and the whole three day event ran very smoothly from start to finish.

Beautiful big Hotel and very nice bedrooms.

The one bit of feedback I got from some of the Managers was that some of the meeting rooms didnt have natural daylight - when in them for that length of time, it can get pretty oppressive.

Food was very good too and ideally located minutes from the Airport.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Dear Knight30

Thank you for your feedback following your visit to the hotel.

I was pleased that you had enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the comments regarding the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Please, please, please don't take Room 1014 - don't even accept the key card!!
Was there on business and had no sleep in the time I was there due to a genrator going off
intertmittently outside the window. Had I not unpacked and couldn't be bothered repacking I would have asked for another room. How they have the nerve to ask for money for people to pay for this sleep deprivation is beyond me.
Rooom was dated and fittings beginning to come away from wall and handle on door loose.
On the plus side, food good and staff friendly but will not be using again.
How about a refund, Mr Hilton??

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Dear MacAlfie

Thank you for posting your review.

I am sorry that you experienced a disturbed night's sleep due to plant noise. We would of course have been more than happy to have offered a room change, had we have been made aware of the issue. Nevertheless, perhaps we could offer you a complimentary upgrade by way of apology, when you next visit the hotel.

I do hope you reconsider and return to us again soon.

Director of Operations

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Kent England
Reviewed 14 January 2013

This was my second stay at the Metropole and was as good as the first. Lovely accomodation -roomy and immaculately clean - all normal facilities -extremely comfy beds . This time had a room towards the back and although there was no view to speak of (only roof-tops ) it was a lot quieter first thing in the morning . Thermostat in room could have done with some instructions took awhile to realise that to get heating to work you had to press 'Speed' button . Staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful . The only fault i can identify is that food and drink are a little on the expensive side but probably only to be expected in a hotel of that calibre .

Room Tip: See review
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Georgina

Thank you for posting your comments following your visit to to the hotel.

I am glad you were as pleased with your second visit to us and I do hope we will see you here again very soon.

Milton Keynes
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Crap check in, no apologies, hotel overbooked so no room despite confirmation - best to stay at the Crowne Plaza nearby ! Offer of taxi to Crowne Plaza but likely to be 20 minutes before they could take me !
I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Lindsay

I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced as a result of an unfortunate system error which led to an over-booking situation. This is a very rare occurrence andf I very much regret that we were unable to have the pleasure of your company on this occasion.

I do hope that despite this disappointment we may have the opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel at some point in the future.

kent
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Third time back, n much improved, a big hi five to security who managed to track my handbag down, id misplaced it , they where very reassuring , and kept me calm .most helpful , check in was great to... rooms clean and comfortable.would recommend

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Donna

Thanks for your recommendation and I am pleased that the team here were able to assist you in reuniting you with your lost bag.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I did a voucher deal discount type spa day here. Overall disappointed. £6 car parkign and £20 lunch made it very expensive in the end. Lunch was rubblish - burned and uncooked quiche served in a shoe box which I had to wait an hour for. Cramped spa room I could not walk around because it was a converted pool side equipment room. I was really cold in there and the assistant did very little to improve my comfort. The massage was below average, the changing room was tiny and needed a massive make over, showers were falling apart, gym was small and not as well equipped as you would expect for a Hilton, spa jets were out of order (!!!), staff were useless, uncaring, unattentive and unapologetic. Needless to say I am making a complaint. AND to top it all, I went there about 4 years ago. It was bad then as a gym (spa only been open and squeezed in about 18months ago according to a regular member there I spoke to). Just poor poor poor. Don't go until they make some improvements.

Room Tip: I was only here for the day
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Dear Ellefby

Thank you for providing your feedback.

I was sorry to see that you had not enjoyed your Spa Day experience. We hae many visitors to the Spa, who thoroughly enjoy their visits.

Our Bento boxes are often complimented for their presentatiion and I am sorry you were disappointed with what you had chosen.

Whilst we have invested over £400,000 in the last 4 years in the leisure club, we do recognise that awaiting delivery of replacement parts can cause inconvenience to guests and we would apologise for any disappointment in this regard.

I do hope that we may welcome you back at some point in the future.

Ross mounsey
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This was my second stay at the Hilton and it was exactly one year after my first! Once again I couldn't fault it. All members of staff were friendly and efficient and my room was nicer than last year - much more modern. I don't know if the rooms have been refurbished or if it was because I was in a different wing, but the room was really nice. I arrived earlier this year and was therefore able to have dinner in the hotel and would definitely recommend the buffet restaurant - excellent quality and selection and good value for money too. The airport shuttle ran on time with a courteous driver and even took us right to the terminal this year and not to the station. My only negative comments were that a service charge was automatically added to the bill in the self service restaurant but this was taken off immediately when I pointed it out, and the menu on our table in the bar was an old one with old prices. I couldn't have breakfast this year due to my early departure. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again. I must take some swimwear next time though as the pool looks lovely.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review, following your visit to the hotel.

I was very pleased that you had such zan enjoyable stay with us again and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#23 of 117 in Birmingham
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!