“Lovely pool”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #72 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Our family stayed here as our base for visiting Birmingham, Cadbury World and then Alton Towers on our return home. My daughter recommended this hotel when she had been to the NEC which is within walking distance. We we are pleased with our rooms (we had 3) and the breakfast was wonderful (not cheap though!). We also had a bar meal one night which again was excellent.
What was a treat was the pool, which was lovely and quiet every time we visited.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 1988VIKT0R
RossMounsey, General Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Chocolatedeborah

I am delighted to see that you had enjoyed your leisure break with us whilst visiting other Midland attractions.

Our leisure Club is very popular and I'm pleased that you were impressed with our pool - one of the biggest hotel pools in the UK!

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the hotel again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Normally I'm not a great fan of the Hilton Chain - I've had a lot of experience with the Metropole on Edgware Road in London, and it's all ways left me less than impressed - HOWEVER, this Hilton, I'm pleased to report, is different.

Staff - Very helpfull. Room - Clean, tidy and well presented. Bathroom spotlessly clean and smelling fresh. Shower pressure - decent enough. I like the kind of shower that almost draws blood, this wasn't one of those, but it was good enough.

Breakfast was fresh and plentyful.

All in all - not bad, not bad at all!

Dear Richard

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your review.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we have restored your faith in Hilton.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel int eh not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

My company put here for three nights, and I was not disappointed. While my room could have done with an update, I am more interested in a clean room and hotel which I am very happy to say it was.
What makes this hotel for me is the service, nothing was to much trouble. The shuttle bus to and from the hotel was great and so were the drivers. Front desk, on the ball with a nice quick check in, but the star of the show, Kitti from the F & B department was fantastic, as is the way with me I had so many questions and requests and she was more than happy to help.
I work in the catering and hospitality industry and know all to well that most places have forgotten what customer service is, that has not happened here.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Lewy

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay with us.

I was of course delighted to see that you had received excellent service from our team and especially our F&B team - your kind comments will be shared with them.

I do hope we can offer you another warm welcome back to Hilton Birmingham Metropole very soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Situated as it is on the National Exhibition Complex in the prime location near to the entrance Plaza this Hotel shamefully takes advantage of this and offers nothing to justify its four star rating.
Poor service in all departments,Overpriced Room Rates,Dreadful Food,Unhelpful Staff and Management and TLC needed throughout the complex.

I have delayed putting my thoughts down on my awfull four day stay here because I was trying to forget however I finally decided to just issue a few words of warning to any future customers to avoid them wasting their money.

From the moment I entered the Hotel having found Failed to get any of the three staff situated at the concierge desk to help me with my luggage despite me pushing a wheelchair with my partner in who was unable to walk to the dreadful check-out experience when I found that they debited unspecified amounts to my credit card without my knowledge. I cannot record a more unpleasant Hotel than this one.

As a Hilton Hhonors Gold Card member I have stayed in their Hotels all over the world none has been as bad as this and Hilton should be ashamed of themselves,

Find somewhere else!

Room Tip: If you have to stay ask to have a room overlooking the lake

Dear Russell

I was very concerned to read your comments in relation to your stay with us and surprised to learn that you had received poor service from all departments. Without further details, I regrettably am unable to investigate further.

Our Concierge will always assist guests and I can only assume they were dealing with other guests at the time of your arrival. I do however regret any disappointment this may have caused.

Perhaps you would like to contact me at the hotel to provide further details of your stay and I will be happy to look into these issues for you.

In the meantime, I do hope you will accept my apologies for the poor impression gained on this occasion - it is certainly not reflective of the high levels of service that prevail at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Booked overnight+parking for 8 days via website also booked 2x meals @£25 each. Although starter & dessert were ok the main buffet food was awful, unrecognisable mush - complete waste of money. We also booked a taxi with concierge for 7am and it never arrived!!!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Reviewer

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your main course. We usually receive very high praise for the quality and variety of dishes provided in our restaurants. Howevger, your comments will be shared with the Executive Chef.

Perhaps our Millers restaurant may be a suitable alternative next time you visit.

The taxi company the hotel uses is usually always very reliable - i do regret any inconvenience caused as a result of this taxi failing to arrive.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

At a work conference of 500 people which seemed to stretch the hotel! my bathroom was in need of a refurb and had a strange chemically smell - not nice. Clean enough but food was a bit average and very slow service. As a few other reviewers have commented - prefer the Crowne Plaza to be honest!

Dear Battie1

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay.

I am sorry that you felt the levels of service were not up to our normal efficient standard on this occasion. I do hope you will accept my apologies for any disappointment. Your comments will be shared with the management for the review and action.

I hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My last review concerned our previous stay when all was not as we had come to expect from the hotel which is one of our regular ports of call when flying into the UK.
Glad to report that our stay just before Xmas was really good with normal service resumed.
Excellent suite and full use of the exec lounge.
As per other reviewers beverages / food in lobby lounge bar still considered to be expensive when compared to other hotels.
Full marks to the staff for making our stay comfortable & enjoyable.

Room Tip: Exec / Suites very good looking over lake at rear
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was of course pleased to see that you had an enjoyable visit on this occasion and that the usual levels of service you would expect were indeed delivered.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Patrick Stapleton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#27 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!