“Convenient for LG Arena”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #73 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Went to see Beyonce so mhotel very close to the arena. ,The twin room was a little on the small size but it was no problem for an overnighter. THE BAR WAS VERY SLOW ON RETURN FROM CONCERT DUE TO Lack of staff so we didn't bother..Breakfast was first class, nice and easy checkout and the courtesy bus back to the station was very convenient. Would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Kaz

Thank you for your review.

I was sorry to hear that you had found the service in the Lounge Bar slower than would normally be the case. I will of course share your comments with our Lounge Manager for his attention.

I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast - always popular with our guests.!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Having visited this place to find the car park was full and i was diverted to the NEC car park and had to pay additional charges to park aswell as walk a substantial distance with luggage to check in and was not even offered any apology or complimentary drink at reception.
Finally got checked in to find my room was worse than a student dormitory, with a bed placed into one corner, an open plan bathroom and a balcony door which was jammed open so that it could not close!! Now I know its unlikely i would have been burgarled on the fifth floor but it was damn freezing through the night!!
Breakfast was a good choice but with the number of guests this place crams in (upto 1000 some nights), the mad rush and queues are inevitable so if you are in a hurry, leave plenty of time to get your breakfast. The food was nice and the staff were friendly and helpful but the hotel is a huge maze and it takes some time to find your way around and get your bearings especially after a flight and a trip around the nec carparks!!
Overall a good hotel but with some obvious issues to resolve. I have stayed in plenty of hotels and its unlikely I will be coming here again unless all others in town are full. Their loss but as a huge corporate, they wont feel it.

Room Tip: Ask for a upgraded room as the refurbished ones are not quite to Hilton standards, Cowboy builders!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Pillguru

Thank you for providing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I regret that you were unable to use the hotel’s car park facilities. The hotel does have 700 car parking spaces which are normally adequate to accommodate those guests staying at the hotel and anyone wishing to use the leisure facilities. Of course, there are times when the hotel is completely full due to events taking place within the hotel and on these occasions the car park does fill to capacity and, indeed, we have had to direct guests of the hotel to the nearby NEC owned car parks during these periods.

I certainly appreciate the inconvenience that is caused when the car park is full, but I am sure you will appreciate that this problem can arise in any car park, e.g. shopping centres, sports centres.. etc. during those times when demand is heavy and I am afraid that there is little that we can do to alleviate the situation.

I was surprised to read your comment regarding your balcony door - we would of course have been more than happy to rectify the issue had we have been made aware of it at the time.

I do hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to tehhotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the 15 april 2013 prior to flying out for a holiday the following day.
We have stayed at this hotel some 7 times and has always been recommended for its service and helpfulness. not on this occasion. I decided to upgrade from an executive room to a king junior sweet total upgrade cost from £165.00 to £240.00. this so called sweet was a disgrace if you can call it that. damaged painwork one pillow for 2 people no spare pillows in the wardrobe.
you had to walk into the bedroom in the dark to put your card key in the light box at the other door.
the bathroom was so small you could hardly move and the toilet seat had not been fitted properly.
My partner had to go and get pillows. there was none of the usual writing facilities. and no towels in the ensuite. when I complained on checking out at 5-15am in the morning the duty manager told me to stop complaining to th duty receptionist as she has nothing to do with it. well who are you supposed to complain to he did not want to know and has referred me to their legal department. We have video footage of the room and the health and safety issues. the duty reception manager was rude and abnoxious and i have news for you . as a manager we are now considering appropriate response to your lack of concern for your customers and lack of concern in health and safety.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank unite1
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Peter

Thank you for your comments.

I am extremely sorry that you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion and regret that you were also disappointed with your upgrade.

Perhaps if you would contact Caroline Hagan on 0121 780 6300 and provide her with further details, we will of course be happy to investigate these issues.

Once again my sincere apologies for any disappointment on this occasion and I do hope that your experience on this occasion will not deter you from returning in the future.

In the meantime, we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed on this hotel when we went to see a concert. I asked and paid for a cake to me in the room for my hubbies 30th and when we got there the cake was simply beautiful.... The staff were all great and the location was perfect. This is but far the best hotel I have experienced.
I would suggest staying in this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Bridles

What a great review - thank you!

I'm delighted that you and your husband were pleased with the cake that we baked for your arrival - hope this added to your overall enjoyment of your stay with us.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Nice hotel with friendly staff and decent rooms. The room rate i pre booked early and got a good deal. However the hotel lets itself down a little with food / drink prices. My 7 yr old son and myself were tired after arrival and wanted to relax with a snack.There was no kids food to really speak of. I paid just under £40 for a sandwich,a burger,a soft drink and a beer. They have you trapped as there isn't much else around, and they know it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Graham

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

There are many good deals to be had throughout the year and I'm glad you were able to secure a good deal.

A varied children's menu is available in most of our outlets and I am sorry if you were unaware of this. I would add that our prices are regularly monitored to ensure we remain competitive with other 4 star establishments throughout the country.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you both back soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here on 19th and 20th of April. When we arrived the room was not what it looked liked on the website its the worst room i've stayed in. And the cleanliness was shocking as there was hairs in the bed rubbish on the floor and even the toilet wasn't flushed and we was left an unwanted present!! Then when it came to the charge of the room we was charged £75 too much so we challenged it to which they said they would refund but couldn't do so for 3 days but had to pay for the room again so at 1 point a £214 weekend was costing us £400. We went for a meal in the restaurant and wasn't told till after we payed that we could of got it cheaper if we booked the table at the check in desk. All these things, made what should of been a nice birthday weekend away an expensive nightmare will not be using an Hilton hotel again!

Room Tip: Don't get a corner room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean S
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Dean

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, may I apologise that you had obviously been allocated a room that had not been serviced. This is a very rare occurrence and I can assure you that this issue will be discussed with the relevant teams, to ensure a repeat of this doesn't happen in future.

I was a little puzzled by your comments regarding your room charges and the fact that you had been requested to pay twice! Unfortuantely, without further details I am unable to investigate this issue. If you could care to contact me directly on 0121 780 6300, I would of course be happy to assist.

If guests choose to include dinner on the room tariff at the poitn of check in, we do offer a discount and I am sorry if that was not made clear to you upon check in.

I do regret any disappointment experienced on this occasion and do hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future when we may demonstrate our usual high levels of service.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I was attending a 3 days conference in this hotel, eating and drinking in its restaurant and bar but staying in a different hotel. The service was very average and prices sky-high. During one of our short breaks we went to the bar area to get some coffee. There was nobody serving in the cafe for good 20 minutes, we decided to order from the waiter. They had shift change over and were running like headless chicken, made very bad impression overall. There were delays with taking orders and bringing them to the tables. Price for a tea £4.70, same for a cup of coffee. Bargain. Not. And service charge added to the bill cheekily. No good, guys! I ordered a sandwich (£7.50) and asked for removing dairy product from it, replacing it with more of what was going there anywhere but unfortunately it arrived very poor, few slices of avocado, few sunblushed tomatoes. Had no time to complain as I was due to be back in the conference room. We also went to the restaurant for the buffet which was a much better experience on service level and quality of the food, the only minus: plenty of bones in what was supposed to be fish fillet.
I think generally it is not the best management if mistakes like these are made.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aventuryn
RossMounsey, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Aventuryn

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I am sorry that we appear to have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. Clearly this is not the impression we wish our guests to have. We always aim to deliver a swift and friendly service. 0Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the relevant mangers for their review and immediate action.

I was pleased to see however, that you had enjoyed your dining experience in the restaurant and were impressed with the levels of service you received there.

I do hope that despite any disappointment experienced on this occasion, we can have the opportunity of demonstrating our usual high levels of service on a future visit.

Ross Mounsey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#27 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!