Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Priceline
US$196
US$180
5,775 results
All reviewsthe executive loungehuge hotelcourtesy busbusy hotelgenting arenaleisure facilitiesvisiting the necstayed here for one nightconventionconcertmotorway
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here whilst visiting the BBC Good Food Show recently and have to say was a little disappointed. Mainly with the uncomfortable bed and pillows which made for a bad nights sleep. In addition to that the room constantly smelled of the food being cooked so it must have been above or close to the kitchen. And I know room service is notoriously expensive but even so I think £40 is a little much to pay for a bowl of Spag Bol, a pizza and 2 bowls of chips. Don't think I'd rush back to be honest and might go a couple of miles out which would probably be better value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Reviewer

I'm sorry to see you were disappointed with certain aspects of your visit to the hotel. All of our mattresses have recently been replaced and I regret that you felt they were uncomfortable for you.

Our prices are in line with other 4 star establishments and are constantly reviewed to ensure we remain competitive.

I do hope you reconsider visiting us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here on Saturday night for a 10th anniversary and found everything to be excellent, especially the service from the front of house team - in particular Celine - for whom nothing was too much. We stayed in an executive room with a lake view which was lovely and clean with a very comfortable bed. The very busy executive lounge was very good and Simon and the other staff worked tirelessly to keep everyone happy. The transport link to New Street was great and the shuttle bus runs every half hour. All in all, can't recommend enough. Bar prices are expensive, but this is what I would expect.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CAMMY69
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Cammy

thank you for such a great review - so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Visited here for sat night stay, busy reception on arrival but checked in quickly, staff member doing check in was miserable and looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there. However concierge very helpful.

Room ok, bathroom extremely dated and floor flooded on arrival. Room clean, on the small size, no fridge in room

Used the leisure facilities and again ok, nothing special.

Was at an event and food was again okay, the service was slow and plates taken prior to finishing, half table offered coffee but then rest ignored

Awful night sleep due to noisy generators at back of hotel, windows old and not very sound proof. Next day corridor to get to lift stank of vomit!

Check out uneventful, courtesy bus to train station, lovely very helpful driver

To sum up, okay hotel but expect more from a Hilton

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in relation to your recent visit to the hotel.

I was pleased that you had enjoyed certain aspects of your stay with us and would apologise for any shortcoming you experienced. Rest assured your comments will be shared with the management team for their review.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I booked a spa day for me and my cousin's belated birthday presents on the 28th October we found it abit difficult to park but managed to find a good space after driving round for a few minutes but was not impressed with the price of the parking £7 and we was only booked in for two hours! The outside didn't look appealing you would of never of thought it was a high rated hotel. Obviously inside it was very nice we walked over the to spa area and the pool looked alot bigger on the website and you could only swim around the sides as thete was ropes right in the middle of the pool for people to swim laps only. The jacuzzi was very small and we never got the chance to go in as people just hogged it for ages. My cousin got her treatment first and was very impressed I however had to go to the gum for half hour to get my moneys worth as time was ticking.The gym was very small and only had equipment that would only really work mainly on your legs and the rowing machines was a joke never broke out in a sweat. The therapists was very helpful and friendly they told us where to go where to get our towels, robes, slippers ect. They pointed us to the right desk to signfor them and the staff there just ddidn't seem bothered to help to direct us to the changing rooms ect. They was too busy chatting and looked like they clearly didn't want to be there expecially the one with the blonde ponytail! So be warned she's un approachable but again the nice friendly therapist's led us in the right direction. I had my treatment and it was fantastic the room was so relaxing I could of easily fallen asleep she was that good. The sauna was just to much for me I couldn't hack it no more than a minute I felt like I was going to die at one point but the steam room was nice felt very refreshing once id been in. Me and my cousin couldn't do much together because we both had half hour difference between us so you did feel alot of the timevon your own. The floor by the showers leading to the sauna and steam room was dangerous I know it couldn't be heloed but maybe the plans for where everything was located wasn't carefully planed out properly and no signs to say wet floors either. Maybe a steam room a sauna and shower shouldn't be next to each other am surprised they haven't been sued I know I slipped atleast 20 times luckily not on my behind! The changing rooms was very embarrassing I know us woman all have the same but I personally don't feel comfortable getting undressed infront of my partner let alone a bunch of strangers and there was a few woman of the Muslim religion did not want to show others there bodies infront of people either as we onow from there beliefs they have to be covered up I did feel sorry for them. The lockers some didnt work properly the staff failed again to tell us you needed a pound coin for the lockers and not all of them had ones with a pin key a key to pin onto your swimming costume whilst your swimming ect. I think the therapists need to be praised with the way they delt with the incompetence of the other staff doing there job for them and dealing with un organisations of the place. I will however consider coming back again for what I paid it was worth the money but next time I would like my complimentary herbal tea on arrival I was offered in the package I paid for!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Cathy

Thank you for your comments.

I was pleased that you had enjoyed your spa treatments, although sorry to see you were disappointed with certain aspects of your visit to the gym. Please rest assured your feedback will be shared with the Leisure Club Manager for his review with the team.

I'm glad that you will return in the future and we look forward to offering you a warm welcome then.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here last year, which is why we went back., this time was very disappointing will not be going back again. The twin room was small and the comments from previous occupants were still in the room and had not been handed in which we read,(over priced and hairs in the bath) so I looked in the bathroom and they were still there( hairs in the bath), so obviously this had not been cleaned,dirty mirror ,dirty windows,not what you would expect from the Hilton.when we told reception about this,oh very sorry will make a note of it,no eye contact as she was busy organising here paperwork, not very professional at all,we could of gone to a premier in and got better service.VERY VERY dissapointed.for what they charge they could use the money to bring the decor up to date

Room Tip: When booking don't go for twin beds,they are small and very narrow
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B

Dear Chris

Thank you for your feedback.

I was sorry to see that you were disappointed with yuor experience on this occasion. Your experience is certainly not reflective of our usual high standards and I can confirm that the issues you highlighted will be discussed with each relevant manager.

Plese accept my apologies for the shortcomings you had during your stay and I do hope you will reconsider visiting us again at some point.