“perfect hotel for the airport”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed for a night before a long haul fight, arrived mid afternoon, finding a car park slot could be tricky but we found one ok, parked the car for the duration of our holiday.
check in a breeze, room on second floor, very clean and tidy, comfortable bed, good shower, tea and coffee in room. Which gave us a good sleep, check out also a breeze.
Used the hotel mini bus to transfer our cases the day before, and again on the morning of the flight, and again on our return.
All in all a good place to start your holiday from, will 100% use again when flying out of Birmingham.

Room Tip: our room on floor 2 was looking over the car park above reception, no noise what so ever.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Hotel which was 10 minutes walk from the LEC Arena & again 10 minutes walk from the Train Station with links to the airport & Birmingham City Centre for any shopping needs. We will be using this hotel again in the future should we be attending any other events at the NEC.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I recently stayed in the Hilton hotel on business & my stay was extremely pleasant. I was attending a 3 day event at the NEC & the hotel was only a short walk away, making it perfectly suited to my needs. During my stay there were various occasions where I had to attend the LG Arena across the road too, which was again within walking distance.
I stayed in a twin room, which was very clean & spacious. The bathroom was modern & immaculate with complimentary shower gels etc. & there were all the facilities you would expect; including tea & coffee making equipment, an iron & ironing board & a hairdryer.
The beds were both very comfortable & my quality of sleep was excellent every night of my four night stay.
The breakfast was fantastic everyday & boasted a huge range of things to choose from. Tea & coffee was served on request to the table and the rest was self-service.
Overall, I had a fantastic stay in this hotel & would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs to be close to the NEC or LG Arena. I would not hesitate to return, thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Reviewer

What a fantastic review - thank you !

It's so pleasing to see that you had enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you found everything met your expectations. As you say, we are ideally located for easy access to both the LG Arena and NEC.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed one night whilst at Good Food Show,very nice to be able to just walk from exhibition centre to hotel and travel home next day rather than in the closing rush. Initial impressions were good, food and service fine. Just signs of age showing. One lift of two to Executive rooms out of action during stay. Executive Lounge nice but can no longer cope with the number of eligible people at busy times. Room looking tired, missing bulb in bedside spotlight, bedside light shades not matching and the TV was very dated, no text service etc. Worst of all was the very 'firm' bed which gave me a very disturbed night and would stop me from going again. Shame.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write your reivew, following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was sorry to see that you were disappointed with certain elements of your stay and would apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result. Your comments will of course be passed onto the relevant management for the action.

I would like to reassure you that your experience is certainly not typical of the high standards that usually prevail at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole. I do hope you will reconsider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. I arrived fairly late in the evening and drove round and round the car park to find a space, eventually I found a space to squeeze into at the back. As a lady on my own I didn't feel particularly safe as it was very dark. Hotel lobby is very nice with marble floors and beautiful Christmas decorations but sadly this is where the positivity ends. I was asked to pay for my B&B in advance and told that I would need to pay separately and individually for anything purchased elsewhere in the hotel ! My room was 4067 and was truly grubby with my bath plug hole filled with dirty hair. I really cannot understand why hotels turn the heating off in rooms there is nothing worse than arriving after a long drive to a freezing cold room, which incidentally didn't ever get warm. My room overlooked an industrial area which was so noisy I didn't get a very good nights sleep. My bath towel was so threadbare it was unreal ! I find it incredible that in this day and age a free bottle of water is not provided in the room. Tea/coffee was available but it doesn't take too much to provide refillable bottles so that tap water, as a minimum could be provided for guests. Sadly wifi was not available free of charge and was an extortionate cost and the same has to be said for parking. I stay away on business a lot and it is usual policy in most hotels to offer free parking if you stay or attend a full day business function not the case here. The room did have very nice toiletries and a good hairdryer. The rest of the hotel felt cold throughout. I really do feel that this is a large hotel that relies on business from the NEC or large Indian weddings. It is a very basic hotel using the Hilton name but certainly doesn't live up to Hilton standards. I would not choose to stay here again sorry.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review.

If a guest is not using a credit card to charge items to or settle their account, guests are required to pay in advance for their accommodation.

I was sorry to see that you were dfisappointed with certain aspects of your room and these observations have been shared with our team for their review and action.

I would point out that complimentary wifi is available both in our Executive Lounge and the Lounge Bar area of the hotel.

Despite your disappointment on this occasion, I do hope you may return at some point in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I appreciate by location it is a transient venue therefore the customer care is limited as you may or may not return deepening on your Job or frequency of exhibitions/concerts.

Booked a double room got a twin, with light bulbs dangling from their holders, TV did not work just said searching al the time after 4 hours of being on…..

A big and rambling place with some good staff and some who blend in to whats happening, food and drink expensive, breakfast average with poor quality coffee.

Bathroom tired and poor quality fixings.

Walls were not insulated hear both rooms either side have their good night conversations one with his girlfriend the other with the kids very clear sound.

On the plus the transfer from the station to the hotel was good and the driver was useful fun and chatty.

Attended a breakfast seminar in the hotel and glad i eat in the breakfast area the buffet breakfast looked awful.

A place anyone could blend in staff, guest or criminal who would know….

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, view the rooms on line and read reviews, or expect what it is for venue
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Rob

I was disappointed to see that you did not appear to enjoy your stay with us. Your experience is certainly not reflective of the usual high standards that prevail at this hotel. However, your comments have been shared with the management team for their review and I would apologise that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed at the Hilton on the 7th Dec 2013 , room was clean , warm and well appointed. My wife is a smoker asnd we asked for a smoking room which was available Staff very helpful and always on hand to help. Function room and meal was good with plenty of room to enjoy the function. Well worth the stay and would definatly stay there again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Richard

Thank you for taking the trouble to write your review.

I'm delighted you and your wife had such an enjoyable stay with us and I very much hope we see you return again soon.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Genting Hotel
Genting Hotel
#6 of 118 in Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!