“Average for a Hilton, confusing layout”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #73 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed one night this week, check in was very slow, person in front if me was being told that although a valet parking service is advertised it is not available when dark. Room was good, as expected at Hilton, layout of floors room numbering and sine age poor, met more than a few customers walking round looking confused. Bed comfortable, noise levels good.

Stayed: January 2014
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Steve

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us.

I'm pleased to see that you were happy with your room and facilities but sorry you found the floor layout slightly confusing. We are conscious of the fact that some guests may find the hotel layout a little overwhelming, therefore have made every effort to make our signage clear and easy to follow - your comments hav e however been noted.

We hope we have the opportunity to see you return again soon.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (5,588)

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I booked a single room, stayed two nights due to a concert at the LG arena which is 7 mins on foot from the hotel.
The hotel' s corridors, reception area, bar are very nice and pleasant. I was even checked in at 1 pm which was very helpful.
The single room was big enough for one person, spotlessly clean, bath in the bathroom, air condition, wardrobe, kettle.
By the negative points I found the feather pillows and duvets but I believe if I would have requested other ones before It would have been done, not enough lighting in the room and the hairdryer did not reach any mirror.
But in overall very positive experience and I would recommend the hotel, mainly for gig visitors or business people.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and your comments are noted. I can confirm that we do have non-feather bedding available if required and are happoy to provide upon request.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

What a lovely hotel - instantly felt relaxed as soon as you walked though the doors - The piano player in the bar was fantastic - would highly recommend! The location for the NEC was great as we went to a concert on the night. We would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and will be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Andrea B
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Andrea

That you for taking the trouble to provide your feedback.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your recommendation too.

We are ideally .locagted for easy access to not only the airport but also the NEC and LG Arena.

We hope you return again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Wow what a place, went to the NEC and stayed the night at the hilton.
Not only was it walking distance, and had parking facilities cheaper than the NEC, but wow what a place. Welcoming staff, efficient, friendly and very accommodating. Had a great day at the NEC and the hotel just topped the perfect day.
We had not booked the restaurant and asked if we could book the restaurant for that night (Saturday) thinking it was an impossible ask, however the concierge took our details, room number as advised he would check with the dinning room when it opened and to our surprise we had dinner booked for 7.30. Food was excellent and reasonably price for a hotel. Breakfast was very good with lots of choice and you was not rushed even though they was extremely busy.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to chill and relax in pure luxury.
I even tried to book for the same time for this year, when I got home that weekend, but
unfortunately it was fully booked. What a shame!!!!!

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Anne

What a great review - thank you !

I'm delighted you had such a great stay with us and everything met your expectations. Glad to see you were able to gable in the restaurant, despite it being a busy time for us.

I would recommend you keep trying to book your preferred time to visit, as we do of course receive cancellations.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Booked a single room by mistake and ended up as far away from the reception desk you can get. Awful old tatty room that clearly hasn't been updated in at least 20 years. Cold and window doesn't closed properly. Cobwebs on ceiling!

Called reception and I have to pay 20quid for a better room which I can live with as my booking is for 2 nights and it's not a nice place to sleep in. However they can only do that for 1 night as no availability for the second night. So bad I have cancelled my reservation for the next night and will have too look elsewhere. Customer service is appalling! A shame because the foyer/ bar area is nice.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fuzzyhair

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write your reivew.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the room you had been allocated. I can advise that we are due to commence the refurbishment of the reaminder of our single rooms within the next couple of weeks. There should however be no excuse for poor housekeeping and this feedback has been passed to our Executive Housekeeper for her review with the team.

I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Lovely hotel furnishing, clean rooms, friendly staff if not a little abrupt at times. Buffet evening meal was abismal, had to clear our own starter plates. No knifes on the lunch buffet, when we were asked we were told there weren't any! But spoons were offered to eat the seabass. Lovely gala dinner with smooth service. VERY expensive drinks with one bar man on for 40 people. Even when I asked at reception for more bar staff, again I was told there were none! The bedroom was clean, but I was given a room with a disabled shower and no bath. The toilet didn't flush and this wasn't fixed even when I reported it to reception. Car parking was expensive and there aren't enough spaces for the size of the hotel. Overall a complete mixed bag.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback.

Although I was pleased to see that you were happy with the friendliness of the team, together with the hotel faciltiies, I was sorry to see that you were disappointed with other elements of your stay. Please rest assured your feedback has been discussed with the management team and your comments are noted.

We always aim to offer the highest levels of service and I regret you felt we fell short in certain areas on this occasion.

I hope we may have the opportunity of seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Fantastic pool area with steam room and sauna. Attentive Staff who acknowledge you with a nod and a smile - nothing too much trouble - all the facilities you need - just how hotel's should be ! ............... and so convenient for the NEC & LG Arena which is just a short stroll away.

Room Tip: Nice views of the lake
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, following your recent stay with us.

I am pkleased that you found the service all that it should be on your visit and you also enjoyed our Leisure Club facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Genting Hotel
Genting Hotel
#6 of 118 in Birmingham
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!