“Hilton NEC Birmingham”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #72 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our stay was really good. Handy to the LG Arena and within walking distance to places to eat. Room very clean and smelt nice, loved the balcony and the bed was EXTREMELY comfy (did want to get up in the morning!) Drinks and food in hotel were very expensive and was very disappointed that 2 coffees came to £10!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Jessica

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

Great to hear that you had such a good time and we hope to have the opportyunity of seeing you return again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed for one night to attend a gig at the NEC. Location-wise the hotel is excellent, but lacking in other areas unfortunately.
The room was very small compared to the Crowne Plaza across the way where i have also stayed and a little run-down. The view from the window was of flat roofs, air con units so it felt a bit inner city.
The bar and restaurant prices are very high so I would recommend taking supplies. You can walk up to the NEC train station and take a shuttle across to the airport where there is a 24-hour Spar shop (only takes about 10 minutes)
Overall, not worth the £150 I paid for a one-night stay. Personally, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Vicky

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor following your visit.

I am sorry you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay. I can confirm that the hotel has a number of different room sizes and types available. Maybe one of our larger type rooms would suit your requirements on a future visit.

I hope you reconsider visiting us again at some point.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived not knowing what to expect, given previous reviews. We were very pleasantly surprised with the professional service offered at reception and also the ease of finding a parking space.
We had a twin room on the 1st floor and it had been updated and was in good condition and clean. Tea and coffee, iron, safe, hair dryer and toiletries are all within the room.
Very short walk to the NEC/LG Arena and the parking was £9.00. We did have a telephone charge on our bill that we had not made, but this was taken off at check in.
Breakfast was great in the morning and all items were fresh and good quality.
The only reason I havent given 5* is because of the twin beds, they were narrow, hard and moved all over the place. Probably more suited to Children. We would definately stay again, but in a king room.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the trouble to provide your feedback.

It's pleasing to see that you were generally impressed with the standard of facilities and levels of service you received during your stay.

Your comments regarding the bed have been noted and I do hope this did not detract too much from your overall enjoyment.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel was pleasant but in need of decorating and, in places, refurbishment. Booked a double bedded room but on arrival the room had been let. As the hotel was full our booking could not be honoured. Wi if chargeable in all areas of hotel. Good access to car parking and free shuttle bus to train station, although we had to contact the hotel on our return as the bus had not arrived. Found out that it had not left the hotel. Breakfast was plentiful but I could not eat the fresh, uncut bread as numerous people had put their hands on it as no towel had been provided. An average stay but hotel was convenient for NEC.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your comments.

I was very sorry to learn of the over booking situation you faced and regret any inconvenience caused as a result of this incident.

Wifi is complimentary in our Lounge and Executive Lounge areas which the majority of our guests take advantage of.

Guests are requested to contact the hotel to arrange for collection from the airport and apologies if this was not clearly explained to you.

It would appear that that the towel normally provided for the fresh bread had been moved at the time of your visit, as we always provide a towel to enswure hygiene standards are maintained.

Thank you again for your comments and hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a massive hotel which is convenient for the NEC, airport and motorway links. There is plenty of parking but even overnight guests are charged for the privilege. The décor hasn't really been touched since the 80s but my suite had a lavish wood-panelled sitting room although I would have preferred a more modern bathroom instead!

The conference staff were extremely professional and although there a few small problems with room set-up, the staff showed their mettle by putting things right immediately with no fuss. The conference lunch was good in terms of quantity and quality and I was pleased to see that those in our group with special dietary needs were catered for without anyone having to chase or remind them.

The only downsides for me were the speed of check-in/check-out. Both activities required a degree of patience as there was a very slow-moving queue.

I have booked this venue for a second event in a couple of weeks and would recommend it for a centrally based conference or training event.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your comments.

The hotel is constantly being updated and refurbished and although we do have a number of rooms more traditionally styled, we do also have more contemporary designed rooms too maybe I could suggest requesting one of these style rooms if you prefer.

I do regret the delay you experienced when checking in to the hotel. As you will be aware, your stay was at a very busy time for the hotel. Our Reception staff does endeavour to check guests in and out as quickly and efficiently as possible, but clearly if there are a large number of people to deal with, this can result in queries which unfortunately do cause delays.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My stay was for a Rotary Assembly and the service was excellent how you coped with so many for meals I cant imagine. I hope we can use the facilities agian in the future and I look forward to staying in another Hilton when possible.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Peter

Thank you for your review.

Great to see you had a successful event and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We arrived at our room after coming in from a really lovely reception. We were in room 4041. We had to walk down a really depressing corridor that smelt of damp. We went into our room to find long blond hair all over the floor. We called to reception who sent up a cleaner who literally hoovered around us!!! The Hoover was smelly and dusty and when she left we were left sneezing and my partner had to use his inhaler!!!!! Floor was still not clean as when I dropped an item of clothing on the flood and picked it up there was long blond hairs all over it!,,,, I am a brunette!!!

I went to shower and found that the Rowell I had to use was grey and threadbare!!! W

What a disaster of a stay. When you pay hilton prices you expect a level of service to mirror the price.

Never again!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1  Thank jackblue

Dear Jackblue

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay.

I regret that our usual high standards of housekeeping had not been met on this occasion do hope you will accept my apologies.

The Room Attendant would have been happy to wait until your room was vacant to vaccum, however we were advised this request was urgent.

All bed linen and towels should be in tip top condition and I am sorry one of your towels was showing signs of wear. This feedback will be shared with our Executive Housekeeper.

Thank you again for your review and again please accept my apologies for any shortcomings you experienced during your visit.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#27 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!