“Excellent stay at NEC Hilton Metropole”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #72 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Down on business for two night stay. Hotel really handy for NEC, two minute walk. Train to Birmingham ten minute walk and ten minute journey. Staff at this large hotel superb,everything clean and well maintained. Would stay again either on business or with family. One of the better Hiltons I would say.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Jim

Thank you for your great review.

I'm delighted to see that we're one of your favourite Hilton hotels, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Arrived at the hotel after a busy day at the NEC to find that the original booking could not be located. Reception staff were excellent and very quickly sorted out an available room. The room was as you old expect from he Hilton chain, well appointed, comfortable and included the usual comforts. Breakfast was buffet style and very comprehensive to suit all tastes and requirements, good breakfast which certainly sets you up for the day!
My only negative comments would be with regard to the bar prices which in my view were ridiculously overpriced. 2 small glasses of house wine and a bottle of beer, £20.30!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Countrymen

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted to see that you were impressed with the overall service you received during your stay and everything was as you would have expected.

I can confirm that our prices do generally reflect a 4 star standard and are in line with other 4 star establishments throughout the country.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stay at the Birmingham Metropole a lot and am vegan. I asked in the main hotel bar for vegan food before and they cannot do anything. So i tried Millers..... in the years that i have been staying in hotel i did not know that it was even there! The Chef in Millers made me a beautiful vegan pasta dish with various roasted vegtables and a compliementry side order of roasted potato wedges. It was delicious and much appreciated. My two colleagues had the chicken curry and both said it was nicer than their local Indian takeaway back home in NI. All round big thumbs up. Thanks again :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I'm delighted that we were able to prepare a special meal for you. The hotel caters for most dietary requirements and I'm glad you enjoyed the chef's choice.

I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here last month after a late flight back and thought the hotel was very good overall. The staff are very friendly (in fact it feels like a smaller hotel the way staff greet you if you're walking along the corridor to your room or through the hallways etc). The room was quiet which is unusual for a hotel right by the NEC complex and the breakfast was very nice. One of the concierges went out of his way to be helpful - giving our little daughter a children's activity pack and also arranging for us to get to the airport quicker than the time the shuttle bus was due to leave. There is also a Costa in the hotel foyer which although very expensive (£4 for an americano!) is nice. The one downside for us was despite booking a cot, then phoning and emailing to check about the cot (and then checking again in person when we arrived before our holiday that it would definitely be in our room when we got back) there was no cot in the room when we got there at nearly 1am. This was really annoying as we had to wait for one to be brought up and made up and we could have done without that with a baby we couldn't put to bed so late at night. There obviously needs to be a better system for booking cots and making sure they are put in rooms when you book a hotel/car parking package online. Other than that we had a very nice stay and would stay again if we had a late flight out or back as its the only hotel there with a (very nice) swimming pool - so lovely to relax for a bit if you are travelling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

I'm delighted that overall you had an enjoyable stay and pleased that you found our team both friendly and helpful. Apologies for the mix up with the cot, I do hope this did not detract too much from your overall enjoyment.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

As soon as I arrived I felt welcomed, I had been sent an email the previous day saying that me and my gf have been upgraded to VIPs for our stay which have us free breakfast, valet service and enterance to the executive lounge which included free bar and food.
The room was the Queen deluxe which was very nice spacious and had a view of the river which was very relaxing, taxis were parked outside ready to take you anywhere you wanted to go.
Breakfast in the morning was great a vast range of fruit cereal and cooked breakfast with read coffin pot on request. Overall my gf and myself had a great time the staff were friendly and helpful and we would definatly stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Mark

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was very pleased to see that you and your girlfriend had such a great stay with us and I was glad to see you enjoyed the benefits of our Executive Lounge.

I hope we see you both again very soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely rooms, very helpful staff and great hotel would definitely stay again. The hotel was extremely busy with a wedding and pool tournament so had to wait a little at the bar, our upgraded suite was amazing very luxurious and made our weekend. Excellent location for LG Arena

• Stayed: April 2014
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Reviewer

I was so pleased to see that you had such a great stay with us and enjoyed your upgrade to a suite.

We were very busy during your stay and I apologise for any delay you experienced for bar service.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I've stayed at various Hiltons during the past 10+ years and to be fair, I've never been disappointed. Some are slightly better than others, however, the Hilton Metropole, Birmingham exceeded my expectations. I booked a single Hilton Deluxe room and it was lovely, especially for a woman alone (hubby didn't join me on this trip). I had all I needed, very comfortable, excellent evenings rest, luxury touches, quality and cleanliness, definitely value for money, very impressed. The facilities were excellent, the staff couldn't be more helpful, all smiling and all eager to help. It was a busy weekend with several events going on at the same time. Everything was thought out and well structured from my point of view, so absolutely no complaints. Members of the party I was with had to raise awareness of some disturbance during the evening when some of the other 'party goers' were a little 'excitable' after 'lights out', but the reception staff were on it in no time and peace and quiet was restored very quickly. Lovely breakfast options, absolutely fantastic meal the evening before and excellent staff service, no problems at all. Apparently, the Spa facilities were excellent apparently, although I didn't book anything this visit (will do next visit though). If I had to take off my 'rosy coloured glasses' and provide a word of warning, I would say make sure you take your cheque book, after all, it is The Hilton, quality doesn't come cheap :-) Thank you Hilton Metropole, am looking forward to a return visit next year.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel, looking out on the NEC were peaceful, no interrupted sleep
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Pauline

Thank you for such a glowing review.

It's really pleasing to see that you had such an enjoyable visit and particularly pleasing to learn that we exceeded your expectations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#27 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!