“A modern and spacious Hilton.”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #73 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Had an Executive room which of course gives you access to the Executive lounge and that means free nibbles and booze early evening. Great stuff!
Good size swimming pool for a hotel which was at a pleasant temperature.
Well looked after by hotel staff, thanks to you all.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank thiswilldo
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your experience and I'm truly delighted that you had such a fab. stay with us. Our Executive rooms are very popular and of course the added benefits of the Executive Lounge are an added bonus.

Glad to see you enjoyed your visit to the Leisure Club too.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Reviewed 16 May 2014

i have stayed at this hotel previously and found it to be very good. on this occasion the hotel was very busy and had to wait over 30mins for service at bar and 40mins for breakfast. i feel this is to long to wait, it spoiled what should have been a good stay. a hotel is best judged when busy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Mark

Thank you for taking the trouble to share your experience following your visit to the hotel.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the service levels you received on this particular occasion due to the hotel being very busy. This should of course not affect service and again would apologise for the lapse on this occasion.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some point in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was here for an overnight stay for a small meeting in the lobby the next morning.

Having arrived at Birmingham International I was impressed with the courier service to the Hotel which was quick and efficient.

A shame that as soon as I arrived, checking-in was about as much joy as trying to get a ticket for Alton Towers during the school summertime break. A queue of people had already formed by the time I got there whilst one receptionist (Matthew) seemed to struggle with a guest. I was amazed that no other member of staff appeared to help him and get the queue down a little.

I felt as though I'd aged about 5 or 6 years in time before finally getting through reception. Initially the process was quicker than the chap before me but as I went to pay for the room somehow Matthew had got the idea that I wanted a £50 credit adding onto my bill without me even mentioning it. I don't know how "I'll just pay for the room" somehow became "Can you add £50 to my bill for no apparent reason". Perhaps my Rockstar appearance gave the impression that I was flush with money...or I at least wished that to have been the case.

Hey - do you want WiFi in this place? Well if you're flush with money (or a Rock Star) you get it with the higher price rooms but any of you working class riff-raff think about coming here in the standard cheapo rooms then prepare to be scowled at, at the mere mention of WiFi since you're just not classy enough to afford it, you can't have it. Seriously though I've stayed at much cheaper hotels and the WiFi has been free. I'm not saying that the WiFi speed been quick in other hotels - but it has been free elsewhere.

The room itself was clean and functional although some of the light fittings appeared loose, especially the one I found hanging over my head when I woke up the next morning. I managed to fix it back in place though. Bathroom is clean though and the bed is comfy enough, I guess.

Food/Drink prices are a bit astronomical though - upon asking for a small teacup of beer I feared that the barman would ask for a pint of my blood for it, so on second thoughts I decided that perhaps I should just have the complimentary cup of tea in my room instead which was cheaper and perhaps much more refreshing in the end.

The best bit of the stay was the checkout which was actually simpler and friendlier but the cynical part of me during my one-night stay was partly if they simply didn't like the look of me compared to that of perhaps the wealthier guest. The courier service to Birmingham International was also very quick and efficient.

The reality is that this is probably a Hotel for the standard wealthier holiday-goer but if you're here for just an "overnighter" go elsewhere. If I didn't actually have to visit for my meeting here, then the chances are I'd have never stayed at all...and quite frankly the Hilton should pay me for my next visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Razzastuta
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was sorry to see your were disappointed with certain elements of your stay with us and regret that you experienced a delay on check-in due to the large numbers checking in at that time. We aim to check guests in as quickly as possible, however if guests have queries, this can inevitably lead to a delay in service.

The billing discrepancy you refer to is a standard pre-authorisation process which is common-place in all major hotels. It is not actually a charge but an amount that is secured against any items that may be charged to your room account. I hope this clarifies any query in this regard.

I can confirm that complimentary wifi access is available to all guests in our Lounge Bar and Executive Lounge areas of the hotel.

I was pleased to see that you were impressed with our courtesy bus service, which is very popular with many of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope you reconsider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is a very high standard and the staff are all very friendly and helpful.
Positives:
very clean and new hotel
Friendly staff
Good Food
Good Locations
Negatives:
Bit of a hike from Car Park as so big and busy
Total is massive
Food is expensive - £28 + a service charge for buffet

Weighing it all up, the negatives are minor points as this is an excellent hotel

Room Tip: Asking for close to the lift made little difference. Eating at the bar will save you a good few poun...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

I'm delighted that overall you had an enjoyable visit and found everything met your expectations.

We hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

You can't help but like this hotel because the people are so friendly. The place might be a bit dated these days, and the room I had wasn't the most spacious I've ever slept in, but who cares when there's such a cheerful and helpful individual at the check-in desk for whom nothing appeared to be too much trouble. I joined colleagues for an early meal in Millers, which wasn't at all bad, before heading for an early night and a flight at crack of dawn. The comfort of the bed was okay, and the pillows reasonable, with the bedside light bright enough to read by, and a power socket in easy reach for recharging my phone and using its alarm. It was a wonderful bonus to be able to warm the room up in minutes and, even better, there was a window that opened. I'm sure I shall return …

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It's especially pleasing to receive such positive feedback regarding our team members' friendliness and helpfulness. I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Every time i have Stayed the standard of PERFECT service is maintained never once has there been a problem. It amazes me How they keep that standard but it is constant devotion to care and detail. I would never stay anywhere else in Birmingham

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer

What a great review - thank you so much !!

It's great to know that you always have a faultless stay when you are with us and that you are impressed with the levels of service you receive from our team.

We hope to offer you another warm welcome when you return again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We enjoyed excellent, friendly staff. We especially appreciated very good food. Overall facilities excellent. No hesitation recommending this hotel. Appearance of hotel attractive.. Parking was good as was location

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jane

Thank you for taking the time time and effort to post your review following your recent visit to the hotel. I'm delighted that we met your expectations and that you had such a great stay with us.

Thank you for your recommendation and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#26 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!