5,974 results
All reviews the executive lounge huge hotel courtesy bus busy hotel genting arena leisure facilities visiting the nec stayed here for one night convention concert motorway
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staying at the hotel on a business trip. Food was good…. room was nice , however there was function on with a noisy band which i could hear clearly from my room at 10.30 pm. I have problems sleeping with any sort of noise(country girl) so asked if my room could be changed. This was done with no problem at all, So 10/10 for sympathetic behaviour by the staff last night!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MaxFlude, Director of Operations at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Matthewsh,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole. It is great to hear that our team Made It Right for you during your stay.

Thank you again for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed for one night to attend a concert at the LG Arena.
Arrived at 3:30pm to a long queue to check-in. The staff were friendly enough and did apologise, but surely there must be a more efficient process [or find more staff for peak periods]. I suspect due to queue pressure we were not given a comprehensive check-in: no one mentioned WiFi; discounted parking or anything else for that matter besides a couple of signatures needed and advising us of our room number.
Our room [4010] was adequate, but seems to be showing signs of age/neglect - the balcony door handle is so loose it is almost falling off; one bedside light didn't work, the bathroom sink has a long crack, the surround to the shower know is not fixed to the wall, and strangest of all was a piece of toilet paper shoved between the bathroom ceiling light and the ceiling - I assume there's a hole in the ceiling??
We couldn't get on WiFi in our room despite a card on the table suggesting we should be able to.
TV channels are minimal without having to pay.
There were 2 phones in our room [one on the table and one at the bedside], which is rather overkill, plus a handset beside the toilet [no idea what for - no one mentioned it]
We have stayed in numerous hotels of different Star ratings - and generally this was average. Some attention to the small things could have made our stay just that bit more special.
The cleaners were very noisy starting their morning rounds - we knew the fire alarm would be tested at 8:30, but noise from the cleaners seemed to start well before that.
On the plus side - the guys outside the main entrance were very friendly and chatty :-)
We did not mention shortcomings at the time as we were only staying the one night and it wasn't a major issue.
We would stay again mainly due to the convenient location, but there was nothing that set the Hilton Metropole apart from its rivals.
The days when a Hilton hotel was considered something a bit special, seem to be sadly over!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MaxFlude, Director of Operations at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Anoif8,

Thank you for providing your review following your stay with us.

Your comments have been noted and shared with the management team for their review and action where necessary. Please accept our apologies for any disappointment you experienced on this occasion and hope that this will not deter you from returning in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Parking was fine no problems there. Able to check in earlier than stated, which was a good start. Check in smooth and able to find room well. Corridor was rather noisy due to what i think was a large fan of some kind? to remove moisture not really sure but once in room couldn't hear it.
Gym & pool facilities small but adequate.
Room good size nice décor and a comfortable sleep Good room facilities. View from room a little dull but didn't spend a lot of time looking out.
Food in restaurants very good and had some good deals. Most of staff courteous and pleasant apart from Sunday breakfast people who looked very stressed and unhappy as think doors were late opening and they were still not ready.
I would still recommend this hotel and will def stay again on a reduced rate tariff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Cadburygirl UK,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole. I will pass on your positive comments to the relevant departments.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Check in was friendly and efficient. Room was disappointing - stayed in an executive twin room which was disappointing both size-wise and the fact that in the corner by the window there was mould on the carpet and obvious signs of damp. I would rate a deluxe room at the Warwick Hilton as better. Service and food in the Lounge bar was good. Pool is also of a good size and standard. I guess this is more of a transient hotel due to the nearby conference centre and airport. If it was not for the room (and maybe we were just unfortunate in the one we got) I would have rated it 4 as I could not fault the staff and the rest of the hotel facilities - except for the breakfast in the Executive lounge where the hot food was definitely not hot on any of the days we went there (and we were first in on a couple of occasions over the weekend).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MaxFlude, Dierctor of Operations at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear TrevB56,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay. However I am glad to hear you feel the quality of our newly refurbished Queen Deluxe rooms is of a high standard and also enjoyed many of the other facilties we have to offer at our hotel.

I have passed on your comments regarding the bedrooms and oyr Executive Lounge foodto our Executive Housekeeper and Front of House Manager so that we can investigate this further.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I visited this fantastic Hilton on Saturday 21st of June with my two children aged seven and five for the Family Fun day. I would like to express how impressed I was with the organisation, activities and catering at this event... It was a first class experience. It is wonderful that a hotel with such a great reputation and status gets involved in the local community and provides a fantastic fun day out whilst raising money and awareness to support the families and children with terminal or life threatening illnesses. A huge thanks to all the hotel staff who were extremely helpful and friendly on Saturday... You have a fantastic team! A special mention for Cora Brocklebank... Super staff member...thank you for making the kids day out so much fun and memorable!! You are a true community champion star.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Monica B,

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed the family fun day at the hotel. It is great to hear such amazing feedback about the team members which I will personally pass on.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards