“Excellent staff, great bed, just too much noise from conference”

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I have stayed here many times in the past both with work and for pleasure. It is a huge hotel & caters for many large business conferences, as well as those using the NEC & airport.

On this visit I was particularly impressed with the attention & help at checkin. The room I had been allocated was not the room I requested & the error was sorted quickly with many offers from staff to move my luggage from one room to the other.

There was a huge conference on whilst I was there & therefore the bar was very busy as well as outside (large numbers of people going to smoke) & therefore the noise was higher than normally you would expect. It wasn't a problem but worth considering if you are staying and want a good nights sleep prior to a flight for example.

The breakfast was excellent with a huge selection of healthy food right through to good decent full English cooked breakfast. The staff who looked after us were excellent and were extremely helpful and attentive despite how busy they were.

The only disappointment for me was an issue in the pool I noticed several people slip & hurt themselves whilst I was there. The walkway from the changing room to the pool & around the pool was so wet that many people were slipping. Only after a child hurt their foot so badly they were screaming (the family hadn't even managed to get into the pool!) did the staff get the machine to mop up most of the excess water.

Overall impressed by the hotel staff, the quality of the bed & bed linen and the breakfast.

Room Tip: If there is a conference on, it may be worth requesting a room away from the front of the hotel wher...
1  Thank Boosh12345
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It's always pleasing to receive such positive feedback regarding the levels of service delivered by our team - thank you,.

Your comments regarding the pool area have been noted and shared with our Leisure Club Manager for review.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Unfortunately I stayed only one night here (after late arrival from Schiphol). Perfect bed, friendly personal and several facilities included. Shuttle service is OK, but you need to use the monorail first.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Danny

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your review in relation to your recent visit to the hotel.

I'm pleased to see that everything met your epxectations and I hope we have the opportunity of seeing you return again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel prior to a holiday flight, this time, but did not use any facilities.

What we found was in our opinion of a very high standard.

Our reason for choosing the hotel was that it was one of only two that we could find that would park our car for the duration of our holiday in Austria without having to move it to another site.

1  Thank Brian J
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Brian

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your review following your stay with us.

I'm pleased you were impressed with the standard of the hotel and it's a shame you did not have the opportunity to use any hotel facilities - maybe on a future visit.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Max R flude

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight for a visit to Villa Park . The hotel is ideally situated for visiting the surrounding area with access to motorways on the doorstep . Lovely room at a reasonable price which included breakfast .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable visit whilst in the area and as you state we are ideally located for easy access to many local Midlands attractions.

I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

One night stay for a family of 4 (2 kids under 6). Excellent value for money - £79 for bed and breakfast for all of us. Usual, outstanding Hilton standards. Would definitely recommend. We stayed in a family room - the only problem was the noise from the hallway. Otherwise, cleanliness, service and utilities were faultless.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ozan

Thank you for such a fab. review.

I'm absolutely delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Had a bad as first hotel was shocking and could not stay there if they paid us went to the Hilton and it was amazing nothing was to much trouble . Spa was fab , rooms , fab , room service , fab ........

Only down side was paying for parking which upsets me every time as I always think it's a scam

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Matt

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

Great to see you had an enjoyable experience and everything met your expectations. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel with Avon as part of the national conference. The rooms and hotel were very clean and comfortable, was easy to access from the motoway. Would be great if your going to the NEC.
The only thing I would say is the food at the gala dinner was extremely slow at coming out and was the same at the lunch the day after. Apart from this everything was good and met my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay.

It's pleasing to see that everything met your expectations, although I would apologise that you felt the dinner and lunch service was a little slower than you would have wished. I will of course share your feedback with our management team for their review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Genting Hotel
Genting Hotel
#5 of 118 in Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!