“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #71 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Wales
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

The Hotel was clean and comfortable and what you would expect from the Hilton. However the tolet paper was surprisingly cheap and nasty.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
solihull
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Okay - I live very close to the NEC and had a large group of friends and family arriving from Manchester, I arranged 3 rooms via expedia, 1 room was okay although everybody said the rooms were very tired and needed an overhaul but as it was simply to sleep it was not an issue, however from the other 2 rooms that were booked, both of them were double rooms to accomodate 4 people in total, but due to circumstances 2 people couldn't come, however when my 2 guest arrived, the rooms were single rooms with a single bed !!! Just as well my other guest cancelled... when my brother raised it with reception the next morning, they were adament he was wrong and they were right, he spoke to a manager called Adam, who I also spoke to.. I even e mailed him the confirmation to prove the 2 rooms which I booked were double .
He said he would come back to me but thought the problem was with expedia and we should go down that route..I thought this was shabby treatment, and more frustrating as I personally called in at the hotel 2 weeks before hand to confirm everything and ask that all my guest (we had 5 rooms in total) were all close to each other.Nothing was mentioned at this point.
So 4 weeks later I am still waiting for a refund or an explanation!!!
And onto the cost of the bar, unless you have a very healthy bank account do not order a round of drinks.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Walsoken, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2009

This hotel is really nice and the staff are fantastic. Only had lunch which was nice so cant say much on the food. The Leisure facilities are good however dont think the air conditioning was working when went to the gym as they had fans and it was really hot.

Bulls ring shopping centre is a train ride away and its fantastic for shopping

Had a great weekend and we are going back again next year

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
liverpool
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We booked the Drayton Manor promotion in late june, the outside of the hotel looks like it could need sprucing up a bit but once you are through the revolving doors it is a whole different story, service was excellent from start to finish, pool area is clean and of a high standard, our family room was clean and comfy, the breakfast and evening meal was superb, one downfall, a lack of choice on the menu for my five year old girl, other than that i would recommend this hotel to everybody. All in all excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I booked my room not weeks but months in advance, so I was a little surprised when I was allocated a room with a “disabled” bathroom, that is the walk-in shower had a pull-down seat attached to the back wall, and all the usual heavy-duty handrails one expects to see in facilities for the disabled. It was a little strange, though, because the door to the shower opened inwards, which meant that anyone using the seat would have to stand up, fold up the seat and move to one side to get the door open and so get out of the shower! It was also a little inconvenient for anyone, disabled or not, as there was nowhere to put bodywash, shampoo and conditioner – just a small soap dish attached to the wall – so everything had to go on the floor of the shower. This was ok for me, but would have been difficult for anyone using the pull-down seat. The room itself was all right, but the door to the so-called balcony (actually a balconette – you could not get a chair onto it or indeed stand on it in any comfort) had a very poor latch. Having opened the door to let in fresh air, it was always a struggle to get it to latch again, and indeed on one occasion I found that the room maid must have had that door open and she had left it only partially latched, which was a bit worrying considering my possessions were in the room. She must have had a problem with it but I guess she didn’t bother reporting it to maintenance as nothing changed the whole week I was there. There was no remote for the TV that I could find, but this didn’t bother me as I didn’t want to watch TV, apart from catching the news now and then.

The hotel itself was undergoing some renovation or redecoration or something, so there were workmen almost everywhere during my stay, but that would be just a one-off thing probably.

I was a bit miffed on the Sunday when I returned to my room at 3.15pm to find that it hadn’t been serviced – I’d been walking around an exhibition all day and wanted a short siesta. The maid finally turned up at 3.45, which I thought was a bit thick as check-in is 3.00 so surely all the rooms should have been serviced by then.

All in all it was just about ok but I don’t think I could recommend the Metropole. I chose it because I was attending a function one night of my stay and didn’t want to have to bother with taxis etc., to get back and forth from another hotel. However, next time I will probably stay elsewhere.

Telford
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Excellent booking in, very quick.
Room was spacious and held everything I needed.
Room in which pre dinner drinks were held was very nice and the meal was lovely.

1 Thank daryllp
southampton
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Our stay began on friday a day before 1050 colleagues were due to descend on the HILTON with us werelaxed in the pool before a leisurely dinner served by delightful staff.We were unhurried and enjoyed some delicios dishes.
Altogether a gret experience.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#23 of 117 in Birmingham
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!