No photo provided
Add it.
Birmingham Tickets and Tourist Information
Ranked #251 of 281 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Stop in at this tourist information bureau for up-to-date maps, brochures, sightseeing tips and accommodations in the Birmingham area.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Helpful”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Very helpful people in here and always with a smile for you.

Swindon, United Kingdom
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Birmingham must believe that they don't need a proper TIC”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We arrive by train for a few days in the National Trust Back to Backs, first job go to the Tourist Information Office, follow signposts and find that it has closed down. We look and are lost, a Big Issue Seller comes to our rescue and tells us about a lady at the railway station, we find her {good job it wasn't a Sunday] she did her best and suggested that we visited the the other site nearby, more helpfull but obviously embarrased staff. This is meant to be the 2nd City of England, the people are friendly it probably a fascinating city and the places that we visited confirmed this, the jewellery quarter is a must as is the pen museum,you should visit the Back to Backs but the area around the Hippodrome can get noisy at weekends. If you want theatre tickets hotel accomodation, bus time tables or the like apparently there is a new TIC at the Airport. I believe the TIC staff have been told it's cut backs, I feel sorry for anybody in the tourist industry struggling to get their name out there when the city doesn't see the need to help.
I have just visited a town with a population of 15000[Dorchester Dorset] and the TIC was alive and the Till was taking money! Very sad, I wonder if there will be a reply.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank peterandjenny282
dublin
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Birmingham great place but please tell the touist office...”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Look here I go again,!! travel to a city and miss the best place because the information is full of in your face because you have not bought a ticket, and worst ask them about the curry trail in Sparkhill. I did and was told to thing again as they could suggest a couple of places in the city centre. Let me tell you get a taxi to stoney Lane in Sparkhill or even Stratford Road also in Sparkhill, loads of Brillant curry houses. Some of whom you have no bars but you can buy a drink in the local take away and bring into the curry house, brillant food local company and cheap drink. Warning on fridays and saturdays these places have a waiting list some of them have a long line of people outside. Its a small area of a few roads Loads of currie houses allmost next door to each other with plenty of choices .
I have eaten here so many times and will continue to do so. Normal security rules apply not suggest that you have a walk around this area after Dark. Go for the food the experiance its Brillant, its cheap and a lovely change the meal. if you like a very good curry take the tip go to the curry centre in Birmingham in Sparkhill, by taxi each way. Its a wonderful night out. I know cause I grew up here..

Visited September 2010