“Beautiful”

Town Hall Birmingham
Ranked #17 of 293 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Birmingham's Grade I listed concert hall, managed along sister venue Symphony Hall, is home to a diverse programme of events including jazz, world, folk, rock, pop and classical concerts, organ recitals, spoken word, dance, family, educational and community performances, as well as annual general meetings, product launches, conferences, dinners, fashion shows, graduation ceremonies and broadcasts.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of the most beautiful places in Birmingham. I definately recommend a visit and make sure you look up!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The building was restored to its former Victorian glory a few years ago and boasts a fantastic concert hall with a beautiful organ and comfortable roomy seating. The acoustics are great. There are photos and posters from the past in the corridors.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited the Town Hall for the first time the other day even though I am 26 and have lived in Birmingham for pretty much my whole life and was amazed at the place.
I was always impressed by the exterior but the interior is just as impressive and was a great venue to host the Aston Villa European Cup winning team. It was a great night overall which was made better by an impressive venue and nice staff.
The only thing I have to say about the place is that the seats weren't half uncomfortable, especially when you have to be sat for a couple of hours You end up having to do a dance from bum cheek to bum cheek to stay comfy. Its something you can live with though but also something to look at improving some day.

Overall I would definitely recommend visiting the Town Hall for an event and they have plenty of interesting ones coming up which I'm keen to check out.

1  Thank fobl11
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Popped in here for a coffee when visiting Birmingham, and ended up staying for the Birmingham Canoldir Male Choir concert. Both the venue and choir were excellent. Couldn't fault it at all.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been to see the show That'll Be the Day at Birmingham Town Hall. A few of the jokes in the show were a little dated but the singers/musicians could not be faulted for both their ability and apparent love of their work. There is a fantastic camaraderie amongst the troupe and towards the audience who were on their feet dancing towards the end of the show. This show starts its 29th year in the summer and, if you've not seen it before you should give it a go.
This was my first visit to the Town Hall in many decades and I sat in the stalls. I had expected the old seating to have just been refurbished so I was, at first, I was a little disappointed that the seating was "modern" but each seat has armrests on either side and laid out with plenty of leg room. The staff were pleasant and the acoustics great. A wonderful night all round and it won't be my last to the Town Hall.