Macdonald Burlington Hotel
US$85
US$81
US$74
  • Breakfast included
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Pool
US$44
US$43
3,111 results
All reviewsnew street stationlovely hoteltrain stationcity centreexcellent locationcooked breakfastgerman marketexecutive roomreception staffchristmas marketa lovely staycentral birminghamlovely roomenjoyable stayfull englishbreakfast was excellentbull ring
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We traveled by train on Sat 1st Dec from Mcr Piccadilly to Birmingham New St, We called at the hotel on the way to Bike Show Live @ the NEC to drop of our luggage, then hopped on a local train for 10 min to NEC.
The main reason for our visit to Birmingham was the bike show but the trip turned out to be so much more ! The MacDonald Burlington Hotel is a Fantastic base to visit this wonderful city.

The Christmas Markets in Birmingham are second to none and not exaggerating must be a mile long with in excess of 60 stalls, the food , drink and atmosphere were amazing.

The Shops along New St and the Bullring Shopping center are a shoppers delight and a big thank you to the friendly people of this wonderful city.

We had an amazing time and the MacDonald Burlington was the icing on the cake, lots of character and that doesn't mean in need of refurbishment ! it is smart, and refined in a perfect location, with staff who are a credit to the management and a fantastic room 324,we look forward to returning next year, a big thank you from Paul and Joanne Williams.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Wow, we have just had a lovely weekend in Birmingham to visit friends and go to the German markets. The hotel is absolutely lovely, centrally located fab rooms especially bathroom! Friendly staff welcoming.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Just had 2 wonderful nights in room 501 very clean, comfortable and after reading all the other reviews my stay was absolutely fantastic for pre Christmas weekend, close to all the lovely things that Birmingham has to offer.

The staff were very friendly and all well trained in their roles. Will definitely stay here again with no hesitation my top choice for this time of year.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Thanks to the receptionist Richard we had a VERY enjoyable stay, he made us feel very welcome as well as the other receptionists. The hotel was very pleasant and clean, as well as the location. The location is amazing as it is right in the heart of Birmingham where the Bull-Ring is. The noise is non-existant as well.

From the Carr's.

Room Tip: All are good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2012

It's an excellent location in the city centre, and the decor is old-fashioned but good. The rooms are not just your standard replicated style and are of decent size. I was also made very welcome by Anna in the Restaurant.

Unfortunately there were a lot of little things that detracted from a good experience. The room wasn't prepared properly and several things, like coffee/menus, were missing so I had to ask for them. It also does not have pay per view movies, despite advertising that it does.

Although they took my card to set up a charging account they forgot to set it up so I had to explain this to staff when I first tried to charge something to my room. What was worse was when I stored my luggage with them for a few hours when I left. Despite warning them that there were fragile items in there and being assured they would be looked after, they came back damaged and broken which I was extremely annoyed by.

There are other good hotels in Birmingham and I would go back to them instead.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo