Macdonald Burlington Hotel
US$62
US$51
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$52
Priceline
US$70
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
3,128 results
All reviewsnew street stationlovely hoteltrain stationcity centreexcellent locationcooked breakfastgerman marketexecutive roomreception staffchristmas marketa lovely staycentral birminghamlovely roomenjoyable stayfull englishbreakfast was excellentbull ring
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our one night stay in the Macdonald Burlington was a wonderful experience. We flew to Birmingham Airport and getting to the hotel couldn't have been easier as the train took us to practically the hotel door. The exterior of this period building was beautifully maintained, incorporating a glass-roof shopping area. We would like to have been able to spend more time in the comfortable reception/lounge area. The bedroom was a most unusual but interesting shape, clean and a quite retreat after shopping in the Bull Ring, a short walk away. We were very glad that we went for the Bed, Breakfast and Dinner package as it was good quality and value. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Graeme

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to note you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us, enjoyed our food offerings, the value for money our packages present and in particular found our staff friendly and helpful. I have shared your kind feedback with the team, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests and I appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive review.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Booked a good rate online then got a free upgrade as it was my Mums birthday (receptionist asked what the occasion was for the visit and upgraded) obviously costs the hotel no extra and keeps the customers happy. Lovely big room, nice marble bathroom all clean etc and staff very helpful and not pushy

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Helen M

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular I am happy to note one of our receptionists took an interest in your visit and furnished you with a complimentary upgrade for your mother’s birthday. I have shared your kind feedback with the team, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Having haggled on the phone for a discount ( which I always recommend) I got a good rate for an executive double room. Attending a technical seminar in the same hotel, so made sense. On arrival late, prompt service , offered help with bag and swift check in. Room overlooked new street on 2nd floor. Room itself spacious and modern with tea and coffee facilities. Stayed two nights. Throughout all the staff were friendly , maybe the Breakfast staff could have smiled a little more and have been a little more attentive ( or even in the breakfast room when guests arrive) but a small minus in an otherwise well run, well maintained and dam good value place to stay in the centre of Brum. Perfect for bars and exploring and a few steps from the station.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up to minimise street noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Windsorboy58

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular found our staff friendly; however, I am very disappointed to hear our breakfast staff were maybe not as attentive and friendly as they could have been. This is an area we take great pride and usually excel in throughout the hotel and I have discussed your comments with our breakfast team to ensure any similar lapses in our usually high standards could not be repeated.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests and I appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive and constructive review.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at this place - listed as a 4 star - on Saturday 21st September 2013. It is dirty, disorganises, the rooms and corridors tired, cramped, smelly. The stairways are flithy, the breakfast appalling. Checking in was like something off the TV - although it was not funny. It made me sad to be British, watchning American visotrs book in as we left the next morning. DONT stay here !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tony K

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am extremely shocked and disappointed to hear the Macdonald Burlington Hotel did not meet your expectations. As you can see from our ranking and other reviews on tripadviser, the vast majority of our guests leave the Burlington more than satisfied with their stay.

I would be delighted to discuss your stay with you directly and would welcome any further feedback you may be able to provide. I can be contacted on opsmgr.19@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on an autumn break dinner, bed and breakfast rate in a Feature Double. Was a little bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on here but after staying in other Mcdonald hotels I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

From phoning up reservations to leaving the hotel I could not find fault. The staff throughout were very helpful and friendly, the hotel although old as it is in an old building is kept to a high standard with nice big clean rooms, the breakfast was cooked to order and no out of the ordinary delays with a good continental selection, the evening meal was also very nice.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to stay there again next time in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Stayed in a feature double room 319. Room was very big with a lovely large bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chasing_che

Dear chasing_che

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to note you enjoyed your stay with us, our food offerings at both breakfast and dinner and in particular found all of our staff to be very helpful and friendly.