Edgbaston Palace Hotel
US$130
US$126
  • Room Service
US$44
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$70
Agoda.com
US$127
US$110
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

stayed twice at this hotel, very clean, staff friendly, breakfast on both occasion very good choice of food, presented nicely, on the second time tried a bar meal which was a very big let down. but would not put me off going again. just would not eat in hotel make a point of going out. possible chef having a bad day ??.

Room Tip: want to be front of hotel . not in courtyard buildings bit like motorway rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Myself & 3 other girls stayed here for a birthday night out in Birmingham, on arrival we was told absolutely no drink or food in the hotel room not even juice, and that we was not allowed into each others rooms! Throughout the day there was some type of music function going on with was quite loud & went on untill 11pm. Rooms were very basic & could do with a good spring clean top to bottom. hotel Manager was not very welcoming either. After a really good night out in Birmingham we arrived back at the hotel at 2am the front door was still open so we went straight back to our rooms, after 10minuits we was very shocked & scared when our bedroom door flew open & about 7 men ran into our room shouting, drinking & smoking, as we was on the ground floor we jumped out of the window to go get security. As we come back to the room some of the men where outside & 3 where still in the room, the security man got them all out but our room was trashed & stunk of smoke & weed, we complained to the security man but nothing was done, it was now 3am so we decided to just go to bed, only to be woken up half an hour later by the police, who told us the hotel wanted US out because of the smell of weed. After explaining to the officers what had happened they went to look at the cctv & allowed us to stay as it was not us. The following morning at check out we was then told that we will be charged for the smell!! utterly disgusted at this hotel, the security is shocking & the staff & manager do not listen to the customer would never stay here again even if i was paid £1000, appalling.

Room Tip: dont even bother!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Faye F
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked the Edgbaston Palace Hotel for my company's party. From the initial party enquiry to evening itself our party organiser Lynne ensured that everything went smoothly, nothing was too much trouble and they even created themed cocktails, menu's, table decorations etc to compliment our themed night. The food was excellent, very good quality and plentiful. The waiting and bar staff were friendly and helpful. The room was beautifully decorated and looked stunning.

I would highly recommend the Edgbaston Palace Hotel to anyone planning a party, wedding, special event etc. I would certainly use them again.

A special thank you to all the kitchen, bar, waiting staff and Lynne for a fantastic night!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Madeleine P
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here because I'd locked myself out of my house. It's cheap but awful. I didn't sleep at all. The room was too hot and unbelievably noisy. All night banging and creaking doors. I could here people talking in other rooms and which episode of family guy they were watching. I would have been better off sleeping in the car. Dreadful!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Doogatron
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked this hotel via lastminute at a good price. I arrived at 7.00 pm at nightvwith my young daughter and went to receotion. I gave over my paperwork and payment card - the receptionist demanded to see either my passport or a driving licence with a photo attached (i have one of the old ones with no photo). He stated that ithis was in the terms and conditions in lastminute s bookings then laughed at me when i said i didnt have ant photo evidence. I asked to see the manager and he said that was him. He refused to help in any way and then stuck his middle finger up at me and my 12 year old daughter. I have never been so disgusted at the treatment I have received at a hotel as this. In the end i had to leave and book another hitel down the road. Please note I am British and have never been asked for a passport at any hotel in this country.

Avoid this hotel like a plague they are con men

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family