“Good price and good location”
Review of Norfolk Hotel

Norfolk Hotel
Ranked #112 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Me and my family stayed here for 3 nights in a family room. We all had a lovely time in birmingham, visiting places such as Cadbury world,the bullring shopping mall and sea life centre. These were all in good proximity to the hotel. The hotel itself was very nice. The room we had looked new and was clean. We can't fault it at all, especially for the price! Internet was the only let down as it wasn't available in the bedrooms, but reception staff told us they would have it in the near future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Norfolkinnhotel, Manager at Norfolk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for submitting such a kind and honest review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. We have recently refurbished and we are very happy that our guests are now reaping the rewards. All the best, and we hopefully will see each other in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Norfolk Hotel

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I needed somewhere to stay at very short notice, in Edgbaston, and this was the cheapest available. It has a good location, being close-ish to Five Ways station and the city centre. When I arrived to check in staff were not that friendly or welcoming, and just gave me the room key (after I'd paid!) without any welcome or info about my stay. The lift was very tatty, with the handrail railing off, and in desperate need of new carpet. After one trip in it I kept to the stairs which are very dark, unclean a bit creepy, and also in need of redecorating.

The room itself was small, but clean and had everything I needed. The bathroom was not the nicest, but clean and I have honestly stayed in places with much, much worse. For the price I paid, I was not expecting much and the room was satisfactory for a short stay. The corridor's are run-down and smelly.

This hotel was very loud. People nearby were shouting, screaming, slamming doors and running about in the early hours of the morning. I could hear my neighbour's talking and vomiting very clearly through the walls! However this is probably to be expected from a cheap hotel on a Friday night!.

Overall this hotel is ok. If you need something cheap, and don't mind basic, noisy accommodation then it will do. For the price I paid and the rating it is just about satisfactory.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and it was ok.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 75ec12345

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Absolutely THE worst hotel I have been to. We checked in (had to pay on arrival). The reception area was ok, but the torn lino in the lift should have been a clue of what was to come. The hotel smelled stale, the carpets were dirty, the whole place in serious need of redecoration. In our room, the bedding looked unwashed. It was so bad, we did not bother to stay the one night that was booked. Tatty, dirty, hot (radiators on on the hottest day of the year). Avoid - stay anywhere else.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank peb1958
Reviewed 11 May 2014

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank Lorraine H
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Tragically I booked 2 stays here. The first visit I stayed alone and a week later I returned with my wife. The visit was so traumatic I had to take my wife to another hotel to make up for it. The rooms were not as advertised. I paid extra for a bath but neither room had a bath. Only basic showers. The Hotel doubles as a DHSS hostel and some of the residents lingering around outside made my wife so uncomfortable that she wouldn't go out when they were there. The common areas are extremely tired with hallway carpets worn into holes. The rooms were recently refurbished but one of them had boot prints 3 feet up the wall in the bedroom. The only saving grace was that there's great TGi Fridays down the road. Other than that there's not much to praise.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in other hotels
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank mark s
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Came here to stay for two 3nights so I could attend britians got talent audtions as we got to the hotel we knew we had reservations for rooms and it was booked but they told us that we cancelled it as we didn't we flew all the way from Ireland Dublin and then to be told we had no room to stay in ..they had a spare room that said it would fit 6 of us we asked could we veiw this room so they said yes as we got to the room the assistant opens the door and bang the smell of dirty smoke and sweat and urine was disgusting their was no toilet in the room their was one double bed and set of bunkbeds witch hadn't even got a blanket on them I wouldn't remcoment this hotel to anyone as it is very unhygenic. I hope this helps don't go waisting your money listen to this review I had one hectic holiday !!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shauna P
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is used for dss and people homeless it's basically doubling up as a hostel so be aware especially if you carry valuables however it is very reasonably priced and you always get what you paid for

• Stayed: April 2014