Norfolk Hotel
US$62
US$51
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$52
Priceline
US$70
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I went to this hotel as I was attending a concert at the nia. The price was fantastic and the hotel was very close to where I needed to go.
I had a lovely time in birmingham and this hotel was very helpful in accomodating me, ordering me a taxi when I needed one, and giving me extra towels as I requested. The room I slept in was clean and looked newly done.
I would definitely come back to this hotel again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Norfolkinnhotel, Manager at Norfolk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for submitting such a kind and honest review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. We have recently refurbished and we are very happy that our guests are now reaping the rewards. All the best, and we hopefully will see each other in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

i came to birmingham on a business trip and needed somewhere to stay for a couple of nights. The hotel was only £33 per night and close to the pough and harrow where i had a few meetings. The hotel was of a decent standard and my bedroom was clean and worthy of 3 stars. Shower had hot water and was powerful enough. I got exactly what i paid for, a clean quiet room and good location for my trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Norfolkinnhotel, Manager at Norfolk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Went to this hotel as I was waiting to catch a train later in the evening and wanted to rest before I travelled. The hotel was dark, smelt, only one member of staff was there.. He too was watching tv. Unpleasant and unwelcoming reception. The room had no curtain and plain white bedding. Definitely would not recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Newbieyj
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Me and my family stayed here for 3 nights in a family room. We all had a lovely time in birmingham, visiting places such as Cadbury world,the bullring shopping mall and sea life centre. These were all in good proximity to the hotel. The hotel itself was very nice. The room we had looked new and was clean. We can't fault it at all, especially for the price! Internet was the only let down as it wasn't available in the bedrooms, but reception staff told us they would have it in the near future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I needed somewhere to stay at very short notice, in Edgbaston, and this was the cheapest available. It has a good location, being close-ish to Five Ways station and the city centre. When I arrived to check in staff were not that friendly or welcoming, and just gave me the room key (after I'd paid!) without any welcome or info about my stay. The lift was very tatty, with the handrail railing off, and in desperate need of new carpet. After one trip in it I kept to the stairs which are very dark, unclean a bit creepy, and also in need of redecorating.

The room itself was small, but clean and had everything I needed. The bathroom was not the nicest, but clean and I have honestly stayed in places with much, much worse. For the price I paid, I was not expecting much and the room was satisfactory for a short stay. The corridor's are run-down and smelly.

This hotel was very loud. People nearby were shouting, screaming, slamming doors and running about in the early hours of the morning. I could hear my neighbour's talking and vomiting very clearly through the walls! However this is probably to be expected from a cheap hotel on a Friday night!.

Overall this hotel is ok. If you need something cheap, and don't mind basic, noisy accommodation then it will do. For the price I paid and the rating it is just about satisfactory.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and it was ok.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo