“it did the job!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Norfolk Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Norfolk Hotel
Ranked #111 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“it did the job!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

we booked the hotel the same day that we stayed, it was a last minute thing as we were travelling from milton keynes to birmingham to take our little one to the live in the night garden show. upon arrival we parked the car and there were some lower class individuals sitting on the wall with their children drinking cans of beer, i suggested to my partner maybe the parent and son had been put in the hotel as temporary accommodation by the council and their friends met them outside. so we carried on to the hotel, the lobby area was fresh and spacious, we spoke to the gent on reception who said they didnt have any cots available (luckily we took our own travel cot) so he upgraded our room and gave us adjoining rooms, we paid the fee for the room and he also asked for a £20 deposit, the adjoining rooms had a single bed in one and a double in the other with a flat screen tv, the rooms were substantial, roasting hot though and the window didnt stay up, decor was neutral and cost effective. we just used the hotel to sleep and shower and it was perfect for this, on check out we gave our key back and asked whether the receptionist needed to check the room so we got our deposit back, the receptionist was a little confused that we had to give a deposit and just gave it back without saying too much... strange.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fairyprincess_1992

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Ludlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very good for the price we paid. Lobby was clean, the lift to our room looked new and the room we had been allocated was clean and also looked new. Me and my wife could not fault the hotel in any way. And we are glad we ignored the negative reviews and gave this hotel a chance.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norfolkinnhotel, Manager at Norfolk Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for submitting such a kind and honest review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. We have recently refurbished and we are very happy that our guests are now reaping the rewards. All the best, and we hopefully will see each other in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I didn't think that it could be possible for a hotel like this to actually exist. Do NOT be deceived by the reception, that is simply a front. All the other negative reviews of this hotel are true, read them and believe them. Once checked in and allocated our 2 rooms, we hopped in the lift, yet quickly considered hopping out, it was disgusting and made your skin crawl. Along the corridor we ventured to our first room which looked to be a part of the 'newly refurbished' part of the hotel. A term I use very lightly. There were hand prints all over the wooden headboard, not a great initial impression. The window was spring loaded meaning it wouldn't shut properly so you got plenty of road noise to keep you going. The curtains came down to cover just half of the window. Really? Yes, really. It smelt stale and incredibly lived in. The bathroom was pretty large, but rather scruffy and the shower shouldn't even get a mention. The carpets don't look to have ever been acquainted with Henry the hoover and I now get a shiver down my spine thinking I walked my bare feet on there.

On to the second room. Wow. A massive wow. It stank of ciggies. After being told we would be charged if found to be smoking in the room, I gathered they had either made a fortune out of these charges, or they were telling porkies. The outside window sill was littered with cigarette ends and allowed for a good wretch. The furniture looked like it had been pulled from a shipwreck and the walls were full of holes and loose electrical fittings. There was no control for the tv though I don't think we would be spending too much time in there. Walking around the hotel was pretty horrible. It was dirty and smelt vile. There were several 'cleaning' trollies dotted around, but I'm thinking they were just for effect and not actually put to good use.

The location was ok, but there are plenty of other nice places to stay nearby. Had we not consumed as much alcohol as we had, I think we could probably guarantee a sleepless night, based on the noise, fear and the hope that you make it out of there without having caught something.

The price was cheap, but I wouldn't stay there again even if I was paid to do so. They need to employ some professional cleaners, electricians, decorators and builders to sort the place out, or simply realise that the hotel game just isn't for them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
8 Thank Duckdonald

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far and away the worst hotel i have ever had the misfortune to step in. I have travelled extensively across the world and stayed in hotels for less than £4 a night, they were all significantly better than this horrendous establishment.

One room was at the very possible lowest passable standard, but the other room was akin to the set of a horror movie.

The corridors were filthy and carried an unpleasant odour. and the entire place seemed incredibly run down.

We looked at the room and immediately left. A refund was given without complaint.

Not worth the money ! Stay elsewhere!

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank 788KSNorth
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Having read the mixed reviews on here I thought I'd add my thoughts. The hotel was excellent for what I paid. I had a room on the 4th floor and it looked modern and refurbished. The bathroom was fairly small but at least it was new and clean. The lift made it easy to get to our room and check in was easy. The bar and restaurant I am told was next door, but I didn't use it so can't comment on that. I didn't see any "so called council clients" at the hotel. And to me it just seems like a nice modernised hotel. I have already booked my next stay in September.

Room Tip: 4th floor was clean and looked new
Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jollyjohal
Kent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

we booked for 3 nights as my partner was working nearby. first impressions when we arrived were not bad for the money! reception: lovely big area with a few seats scattered about, such a waste. initially smelt liked i had walked into an indian take away. staff sat behind a wooden desk nothing around them suggested we were in a hotel. our room wasnt ready even though it had gone 2 which was checking in time. noticed as we were waiting in car park a few unsavoury looking characters hanging about smoking joints and drinking from cans (later found out the council use hotel for homeless people) talking of parking!! 2 disabled spaces of which people parked in regardless of having a badge or not, staff didnt seem bothered when i asked if they could be moved so we could park and use my badge. so we get our key, 3rd floor up in lift, which needed a good clean. the walls in corridors were flaking and carpets needed hoovering. the room: basic, tidy and reasonably clean, decor was a lot to be desired few patches of plaster repairs some tape on bottom of the door, a curtain which covered half a window. but we were only using it to sleep in so it was ok. well till bedtime that is. our room was facing the main road and as it was hot in our room we had to have the window open all night, big mistake the noise was unbearable from the traffic. so i decided to check out the info on my phone from the actual hotels website. what a load of twaddle!!!! apparently they have a restaurant, bar, snack bar and even room service!! well i must be blind or stupid as there was nothing there! how can you have room service if there was no telephone in your room? i did notice the pizza place making lots of deliveries though! there were no staff about and for a big hotel you would expect to see someone around. on the whole i suppose you could say you get what you pay for, my advice would be go somewhere else and pay a few quid more

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Michelle Cherry L
Edgware, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I went to this hotel as I was attending a concert at the nia. The price was fantastic and the hotel was very close to where I needed to go.
I had a lovely time in birmingham and this hotel was very helpful in accomodating me, ordering me a taxi when I needed one, and giving me extra towels as I requested. The room I slept in was clean and looked newly done.
I would definitely come back to this hotel again

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Norfolkinnhotel, Manager at Norfolk Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014