“You get what you pay for - and then some!”

Travelodge Birmingham Central Bull Ring
Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for - and then some!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel was brilliant, very comfortable bedding and some storage though we could have done with drawers for our socks and underwear. I wouldn't mind paying more for a mini-fridge. Great location too.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Beith, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I have to say I went with my husband and friends to the travelodge. Hubby and I were surprised at the room. It was clean. That's all we look for in a hotel and peace. Hotel staff were basic. Told us where the room was. But I prefer that. Don't like fuss made. Would stay here again for sure. Were only here for one night for a gig. The markets across the road. No need for all the fuss reviews. Basic but clean.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Samantha S
Bydgoszcz, Poland
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 10-12 October, we had a room on the 7th floor. We had breakfast included in the price.It was good although the choice was a bit limited in comparison to 4 star hotels but overall it was great, we couldn't complain there was a hot and cold buffet. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and nice although we booked a family room and got a double we also didn't complain as it was comfortable enough. The only thing we really missed was a concierge where we could leave our luggage after checking out.So far during our trips to UK we always chose 4star hotels but this hotel is really worth staying, the quality is not worse and we can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: we had a room 725, it was quiet
Birmingham
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last week, check in was fantastic, I was checked in by a member of staff called Denisa, her attitude and personality was absolutely brilliant nice and calming which settled me.

I was advised about breakfast times, I asked if there was an ironing board in the room and a hairdryer, to which I was told no, followed by "but I can bring one up for you" to which it was 10 minutes after check in.

The hotel was clean. smelt fantastic and the beds were super comfy. Overall my stay was fantastic, I can see now why Travelodge's are so busy your not getting a 5 star room, with fancy
nic nacs and an overly priced restaurant your getting a standard, perfectly useable and sleep able room with 5 star service what more could your need or ask for.

I know where I shall be staying in the future.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor facing the city which at night lights up its a great view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SeanBirmingham
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend for our wedding anniversary. We were swiftly checked in and paid for our stay. We had a comfortable and clean room and had all that we needed. Staff were well presented and polite and ordered us a taxi to take us to our dinner reservation. Great location as well and to walk the 5 minutes to the bull ring and 5 minutes back after a whole days shopping was key. Will Defernatly stay here again.

1 Thank James N
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Excellent location. Staff 10 out of 10, very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Highly recommended. Bear in mind it is in a busy location so early traffic noise can be heard, although this has not put us off. This was our second visit to this Travelodge and we will return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hotel was very central to where we wanted to be.
It was clean, comfortable and the staff friendly.
We did not eat there but did have drinks in the restaurant that were cheaper than at home.
The Bullring was 200 yards away, indoor market just across the road, train station (New Street, still being revamped) 300 yards away with the bus station and buses about the same distance.
Very central good value for money and would use again.