“Good place to stay”

Travelodge Birmingham Central Bull Ring
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, friendly helpful staff. Good views from room windows.

Tv in room. Clean towels and bedding. Tea and coffee provided in rooms.

5 minute walk from all the shops. Can see bullring from hotel. Very good location.

Enjoyed my stay here and would definately book again. Cheap and good value for money

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nmanman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,575)

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel location was perfect for shopping it was walking distance to the markets and main shopping centre. Plenty of places to eat and relax. Bed was lovely and comfy.

The only negative thing was the noise outside if you opened the window but that's a minor gripe. It didn't spoil my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sonia M
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This Travelodge was completely fine. We had a good night's sleep after going to a concert. Great location next to the Bullring and Chinatown. We've stayed in loads of Travelodges in the past and all have been on motorways so all have had free parking. We just assumed that this one would do too, although we have never been to an inner city Travelodge before. We got 24hr parking at Pershore Street car park for £3.50 and it is just down the road. Don't park in the outside car park next to the Travelodge - it is £5.50 all day and the man is extremely rude.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 8th floor but I think they all look the same. We would've had great views if...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Day staff are very welcoming and helpful nothing to fault however finding a condom on our widow ledge was not great, Then came our night experence:
we had come back to the hotel to have a pizza and a cupple of drinks after going to a concert. All was well until the pizza turned up undercooked, then the hotel staff came to the room to ask us to be a little quieter as we had a little music playing, we appoliged and turn the music down and said we will keep the noice down and that is when things went down hill. Edwin (who I had toask his name as he was not displaying his name badge) the hotel night receptionist then told us quite rudely we could not be using my Ipod to play music of which we repleyed we were not made aware of this anywhere within the hotel or on the website and as two of os were ex empolyees of travelodge this was news to us. We turned off the ipod but was still seeming to get a rude responce from the member of staff who then went on his way but then 2 mins later knocked on the door again and accucsed us of being thretening and abusive towards him which left us in shock and when we then tryed to calm the situation down and work out what was going on he said we had 15 mins to leave the hotel or he was calling the police!! We didn'tknow what to do as we had done nothing wrong yet was getting a very aggressive member of staff. I went down to sort the situation but after 10 mins of getting nowhere I asked to see the policy on Ipods in the hotel which he could not provide for me and also the policy in which he was using to kick us out the hotel of which he presented me with a sign stand which was covered up by another sign and after ripping off the other sign revealed the policy on verbal and physical abuse (surely this should have been displayed!!) I then asked him to explain exactly in detail why he felt he had been abused but he seemed unsure on the details. I then said we are getting nowhere and I needed details of a hotel within walking distance which have two rooms avlible to us for the night and that is when I needed to ask his name and he had to find his name badge. I asked the best way to make a complaint and he replyed we could speak to the manager in the morning. He then had a big chage of heart and suddenly said as its raining we can stay, but surely if we had done anything in the first place he would not have back tracked so fast when I stated I was going to make a formal complaint. Not good!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Birmingham Central Bull Ring, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your review Abi D. We take comments like this very seriously and we have looked into this matter with the Hotel Manager. We expect all customers to respect reasonable noise levels and be courteous of other guests around the hotel. We are aware that on this occasion other guests had informed the receptionist of a disturbance. All of our hotel staff are trained in how to handle difficult situations and we would like to reassure you that the hotel were acting in accordance with our internal policy on acceptable noise levels. However we would like to discuss this in more detail so please can you visit our website and use the ‘Contact Us’ section which will allow us to contact you directly.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here on business with a few colleagues and we all agreed that this was an above average Travelodge.
Easy reception check in, bar / resturant clean and available, room was clean, bed was very comfortable, internet access if required, the whole hotel was spot on and good access for most of central Birmingham.
All my colleagues said that they had a quiet night and would use this hotel again.

If you don't want to eat here, china town is only a two minute walk away, and the bullring centre is also two minutes away.

Well worth the money paid.

Room Tip: Book early for cheaper room rate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2013

i love Birmingham always do ...i been to Birmingham several times but not in hotel but this time i had a very special wonderful time ...the whole team was lovely the receptionist was beautiful and well spoken although the accent was strange to me but i loved it ...Bless the cleaners they really working hard .... i loved being there and looking forward for another time at the Birmingham Central Bull Ring ...One love ...and to the receptionist ....one love

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have stayed here a few times and was pleased on my last visit at the weekend to see that they have refurbished the rooms. Bigger firmer beds, with lots of firmer pillows and new style bedding. Although the new curtains did seem to let in more light than I remembered. My only complaint about the room is the plug socket is too far from the bed to be able to charge your phone over night and reach it from the bed to turn the alarm off in the morning!! The hotel is near the Bullring shopping centre as well as lots of bars and restaurants on and around Hurst Street so quite conveniently positioned. Food in the restaurant is basic but convenient and there is a bar that serves cheaply priced drinks. Will happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo