“lovely staff”

Travelodge Birmingham Central Bull Ring
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great location clean rooms, friendly staff, thanks to christine for all her help during our stay. All staff were friendly and remembered us during our stay so felt like we were home from home. Will definately stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hotel was a smart Travelodge everything as expected. Parking locally cheap which is a help. Less than 10 mins walk from New Street Station. Bar staff/Night reception staff were excellent even though we stayed up late. Overall a great hotel, quiet rooms so all good. Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kazosb100
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 May 2014

the hotel was in walking distance to our venue which was great, but the bathroom had a strange smell to it and a large white mark around the foot of the toilet as if there was a leak. On entering the room there carpet had black stain marks on it which is not very welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed at the Central Bullring Travelodge on a number of occasions with my friends. the rooms are clean and fresh feeling. The staff are always very helpful. We have used the Bar facilities and on a number of occasions had no need to venture out into town. The breakfast facility is a bonus. The hotel is walking distance the train station, shops and nightlife alike. This was the first time with my family. Both my husband and daughter had a fantastic stay and we could have stayed longer! Brilliant customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nimita G
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Great value hotel, it was clean and the staff were all very nice. The manager explained to us that the noise we had heard late at night was a person being asked to leave because they were smoking in their room and putting everyones life in danger. I would of liked a hairdryer in the room so I could of avoided the 6am visit to the reception desk but really a nice hotel and I would book again if I need to be in the heart of Birmingham.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I don't expect much from Travelodge, but I do expect a properly made bed, a clean room and not to be disturbed by housekeeping fifteen minutes before I am due to check out. Booked at the last minute because I couldn't get through to another provider on the phone, but stayed there before so thought it would be okay. Friendly welcome, but the room was awful. The mattress was barely covered on one side of the bed and on the other side the sheet was almost on the floor! Re-made the bed myself as I thought that was the only issue. How wrong I was - the shower didn't look clean at all and the water was hardly what you would call hot. Worse when I drew the curtains in the morning I realised one of them had bloodstains on it! I kid you not! At 11.45, despite the Do Not Disturb on the door housekeeping knocked to make up my room - I was checking out at 12! Lovely girl on reception was very apologetic and said someone would contact me about an 'e voucher'. I later got a missed call and voicemail from her asking me to ring back. After the first failed attempt I was told someone would call me back- still waiting a week on. Two more failed attempts to speak to anyone and why am I chasing them anyway - I am the person who has complained! Have now sent a written complaint but expect to have to write again to get any sort of resolution. Worst Travelodge I have ever stayed at - and it's up against some stiff competition!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank C E
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Amazing value room, very basic but clean. The side I was on overlooked all night deliveries to the Bullring Market. Luckily the double glazing kept the noise out, but it would be impossible to leave the window open. Ask for a room on the other side, overlooking a car park. Very central location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business