“thank you Trip Advisor !”
Review of 24 Carat Bistro

24 Carat Bistro
Ranked #19 of 2,206 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: GOOD HOME COOKED FOOD AT A REASONABLE PRICE. We are a small FAMILY RUN business in the heart of the Jewelry Quarter, reached by walking down a quaint tiled walkway (at the side of Paul Green's Jewelers). Once inside you will discover a hidden part of the Jewelry Quarter's history.
Bath, United Kingdom
“thank you Trip Advisor !”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We'd never have found this great little lunch venue without TA - a perfect place to follow our tour of the Museum and was everything it promised. Soup, patties, goat curry and yummy puddings were all delicious; nothing was too much trouble for our friendly host. And the warmest, sparkliest loo you could wish for! Seek it out and enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Anne T

“A hidden gem in the Jewellery Quarter”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

If you want something different, unique with good old home cooked food with a Caribbean twist this is your place! Tucked away in the Jewellery Quarter helps set the scene and a far cry from commercial restaurants that seem to be just the norm these days. Definitely a must if you're in the area! I will be a regular that's for sure after today's visit.

1 Thank BellaT14
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent ambience, food and service at an affordable price!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having read the reviews, I decided to take my 3 girls and my niece to the cafe for lunch today. I was extremely impressed by the service from the moment we entered, to the moment we left. As soon as we entered, I was struck by the delicious, inviting scent of rich, home cooking. A table was not available for us, but Jan, the owner (I think) and our waitress, was not flustered in the slightest. On the contrary, she was super welcoming and told us that some customers had paid, were leaving and the table would be free shortly. We asked for a specific table and she was more than accommodating. Once we were seated, the arrival of the menus, drinks and meals were perfectly timed. Jan responded extremely kindly and with humour to my daughter's request for 'less ham' in her cheese toastie, stating that 'The food is home cooked my dear, you can ask it to be prepared in any way you like!'....The food itself was plentiful and delicious. There was a good 5 minutes of silence as we all tucked in. Even customers seemed to be aware of one another's needs, such is the atmosphere of the place. We stayed for dessert. The bread and butter pudding was divine. My girls loved their milkshakes! Finally, when Jan presented the bill, I have to say, I was surprised, as we had eaten so much and I had expected to be paying much more! I have to say that I have not written a review before, but having received such delicious food, by a super warm, friendly and humorous woman, at such an incredible price, I couldn't resist the urge to write this. I shall be back soon, without a shadow of a doubt.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Raj T
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“5* lunch”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Friend on Facebook raved about this place. Now I've been I get why. Small and quaint. Friendly and great value. Perfect pit stop in between wedding ring shopping. We will certainly go back when we collect our rings.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ShopSavvy
Birmingham
“Friendly service, good value”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Popped in for Saturday lunch and received a warm and attentive welcome. Only needed a light bite... not a problem. Tasty food was spoilt by being a little greasy. And the cooking oil smell pervaded the small space which is a shame. Guess it can't be helped given the old buildings. Nice atmosphere.

But good value and good service. Would definitely return.

Visited April 2014