“Does exactly what it says”

ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street
Ranked #86 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Does exactly what it says”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

An ideal budget stay if you want to be in the centre of Birmingham.
I cannot fault the security (enclosed FREE car park and high security gates) and value for money that this hotel offers especially for a single night if you have a car.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Hogget-Lover
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus and I look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Jordi Pena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I booked my stay in South Africa, prior to our trip to the UK in May 2011. Got accommodation at a special rate. When I arrived, my booking was lost and the receptionist was extremely unfriendly. Basic room, very small bath, bed uncomfortable. Will not return, even if I got my stay for free!

Room Tip: Don't expect too much
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to learn about the issues you have experienced at the hotel.
I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matter.

Jordi Pena

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

West Midlands
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel isn't on Holloway Circus but on a side street past a primary school and some dodgy looking buildings. It's behind wire fences and a gate with a buzzer to get in.
Reception and bar are in one building and the rooms are actuaaly in a building behind this. They are a bit like really old fashioned butlins chalets and the doors open straight into the open (not a corridor). I really didn't feel particularly safe walking back after a night out. When I got back I had to ring a bell on the gate and a security guard checked my details and let me in. Despite the presence of the security guard I didn't feel very safe in the room either. Check in and check out very very very slow and I was in a rush. I had a pint at the bar and it tasted awful. I doubt I'll be going back.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to learn that your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus was not as pleasant as expected.

I would like to confirm that the hotel is located in a safe area in the city centre of Birmingham and the building itself is very secure. Note that the hotel exterior is fenced to provide enhanced car park security to our guests.

I do apologize if you thought that the service by the hotel reception was slow - i am sure that this was a one off as other reviews in TripAdvisor do compliment the service provided by the front of house.

Once again I thank you for your review and look forward to welcome you at the hotel in the furure.

Ripponden
Reviewed 17 May 2012

It looks like somewhere either a)a sleazy man would take a lady of the night b)a crime scene. I didn't feel safe there! The rooms were dirty, stale and old and the bed was uncomfortable. Very basic.
The receptionist wasn't particularly friendly, and everything (including the hotel rates) are just SO overpriced! It seems they charge what they do due to it's location.
It's not in a bad location in regards to access to the city centre, but seeing as it's behind high fences/ locked gates, I'm guessing the area isn't so good either.
You could get better value for your money elsewhere, even if you are a little further away from the centre.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for reviewing the hotel via TripAdvisor.

I am dissapointed to learn that you did not enjoy your experience at the hotel, I have taken note of your various comments and remaks - Please rest assured that these will be addressed as applicable.

Once again I thank you for your feedback which is invaluable to improve our services and standards.

Jordi Peña
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed here last Saturday as I was looking for a hotel close to the 02 Academy. Well this hotel could not be closer, so was ideal. It's also great for the mailbox and brinly place. I don't think you can stay anywhere else in centre Birmingham and have free parking, that alone is worth £20+ The hotel is basic but what I expected, was really pleased with the room, location and service. Will recommend and stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read about your positive experience at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus.

The team and myself look forward to be part of your future travel plans should you choose to return to Birmingham.

Jordi Peña