“Excellent Good Value for Money Hotel”

ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street
Ranked #91 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Good Value for Money Hotel”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed at the Ibis Holloway Circus in Birmingham on 25th Jan and can only say what a pleasant experience it was. The staff are very friendly & helpful, the rooms are clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. If I have to stay in Birmingham again I will definitely stay here and I would recommend it as a stop over if you need a short stay for a business trip on a budget. I booked through LateRooms.com and got a really good deal too!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but if you can get one that faces the car park rather than the road it is a l...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear Guest,

The team and I really appreciate your kind words in TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus and very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Jordi Pena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stay on year end night. Every room do loud sounds like party in hotel room. Font staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are reasonable with rate (ibis standard). Location isn't far from city centre. Bathroom is standard.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus in TripAdvisor following your stay in New Year's Eve.

I am sorry that the noise caused by other guests celebrating the entry to the New Year marred an otherwise enjoyable stay.

I apologize fo the inconvenience caused and I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Let's start with the positives..
Good price
Good location right next to the O2 Academy
Cheap secure car park £3 for 24hrs
Very comfy bed & clean room
Very helpful staff

Negatives
Ironing room - very small, really smelly, smelled like raw sewerage in there, staff apologised said there was some sort of problem with pipes leaking or something. Braved the smell and found the Iron didn't heat up so had to go out in in ironed clothes anyway.

Toilet in the room wouldn't flush anything away. Toilet pan had a lots of big cracks in it that mad it look unsafe to use.

Shower very difficult to set the temperature so either scolding hot or freezing cold. Water pressure in the room really low.. So if you could set the temperature it would still be difficult to get showered.

Breakfast - had ours around 11 am, all the fried items and beans looked and tasted like it had been cooked at 6am and kept hot till 11am.

I would have rated the hotel as terrible as our evening out in birmingham was pretty spoiled by our stay there. The saving grace was the Staff, they were good and tried there best to resolve our problems. Thought the fact they refunded our breakfast & parking charge was a really nice gesture.

• Stayed January 2013
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for posting a review in TripAdvisor.

As discussed with my receptionist, we currently have a minor issue with some pipes located near the ironing room. This should be corrected by end of January.
On the meantime, we do provide from reception an iron and ironing board to guests on request.

I will ask maintenace to have look in the room you occupied so the defects on the bathroom can be further investigated.

I am sorry you did not enjoy breakfast and will look personally into your comments with the staff on duty.

I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations and hope to get another opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Jordi Pena

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We paid £36 for 1 night stay as we were going to a music event in the o2 academy and it's literally behind the venue so it was really in a good place. The rooms were basic and clean, would stay there again even if they did mess us about! As me and my friend had just turned 18 they asked us for iD to check in, however we had none so they were trying to refuse us from staying there, however my friend's parent had to sign for us, what palava! Note to self - take iD!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments in TripAdvisor.

All team on reception will ensure that local and company procedures are respected.

Photo ID ( driving licence or passport ) is systematically required for cash payments. Guests under 18 years old can stay at the hotel if able to provide valid photo ID and written consent from their parents.

If the team are unsure about the age of our guests, they will ask for photo ID as instructed to them.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the stay at the hotel and look forward to welcome you soon.

London, England
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed with a group of friends, we all came from different parts of he country so bing not too far from a train station and also having parking was important to us. The site and reviews had led us to believe parking was free so the new charge of £3 did come as a surprise.
The bar was also receiving a makeover so too noisy to sit and meet up in, we just headed into town. It will be nice when its finished though
The rooms were really comfortable and quite nice to have your own entrance. Didn't use the TV which looked to have a charge for the remote?
Would definately stay again and recommend for those looking for somewhere to crash for the night near to town.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review - I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus.

Please note that we do advertise a car parking fee in our hotel website, I apologize if this is not made evident and I will pass on your feedback to our Head Office.

We do not charge for using the room TV or remote control. There is only an optional £9.99 / 24 H fee to use the internet / pay TV system. This is advertised on the remote control stand so I guess this might have caused the confusion.

Once again I thank you for your comments and look forward to be part of your future travel plans.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past 2 years, and I love it. It is what it says on the tin, it's basic but if you just need a room to sleep in it's great. It's a cheap and cheerful hotel, with clean and well presented rooms, and friendly staff. It has onsite secure parking and is right in the centre of Birmingham. There is only 2 minor drawbacks; there are external security lights in front of most of the rooms that remain on 24hrs a day, so sometimes these can interrupt your sleep, and the company has recently introduced a parking charge that was not there before, it's only a minor £3 for 24hrs so it's not that bad.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Guest,

My team and I are very pleased to learn that you continue to enjoy the hotel and we hope to welcome you soon again at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus.