“Very very good”

Ranked #91 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Very very good”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here overnight with a friend. I was in room 25. We asked for an iron to be included in our room but one was not provided. I can understand, maybe for safety reasons. Bed was very good. Reception was pleasant as well. I was happy that me and my friend were next door together. I don't know if they did that on purpose or if it was by accident...! Close to the football ground which is what we went up there for so good location.

Room Tip: 25 and 26 was very good!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your time to leave comments, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We try always our best when we have more that one room booked under the same name to allocate them as close as posible, so I am really glad you liked this detail.

We have an ironing room in reception building and I am afraid we can not provide irons in the rooms at the time of the booking, but we do have one spare by direct request.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as this one.

Raul Navarro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel was built as like a beach villa, with direct access from outside into the hotel room.

Feel a bit insecure especially there was customers talking quite loudly outside the room and laughed... Well, I guess sound proof is the problem too!

Relatively alright in term of the interior of the room, except the bath curtain is a bit old and dirty!

Not very pleasant stay as can't have quality sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

I am dissapointed to hear that other guests did not let you have the good night sleep you expected. We do have a security guard and he should have been really happy to help you with this issue and had acted straight away to ask them to keep noise down should you have let us know

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Raul Navarro

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I reckon this place must have been a Motel that Ibis has taken over. It's certainly not their normal 'style' so maybe should be rebranded as an 'Ibis Styles' hotel, although the Ibis Styles in Birmingham is in my opinion far better than this. First impressions not good when you find it's surrounded by a high security fence. The rooms are in two blocks, a short distance away from the reception, on two levels with no sign of any lift. You'll get very wet if it rains as access to these blocks is not covered. The stairways are tatty and although the rooms themselves seem a bit bigger than the normal Ibis standard, sound insulation is poor and a noisy road outside meant I didn't get a good sleep. The bathroom was large, and did have a bath as well as a shower but the water pressure was low and the shower was one of the most pathetic I have experienced in an Accor hotel. The TV selection seemed limited to 8 channels. The breakfast area is quite small and more like a KFC than Ibis; for £7.95 the selection is barely adequate - Premier Inn does better and there's not much more on offer than the complimentary selection at Holiday Inn Express. Location wise, it's not great, about 20-25 minutes walk from New Street station, in the wrong direction for any shops or attractive eating facilities. Probably worth considering if you're coming by car and want somewhere that just charges you £3 a night for parking, but if you've come on the train don't bother with this unless all the comparably priced places in more central locations are full.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the car park side of the hotel if you're likely to be disturbed by traffic noi...
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

As you say, this hotel is a motel style hotel and also this is pointed out on our website at the time of the booking.

In spite that the main purpose of the fence is to secure the carpark area I understand that it might not cause a bright first impression of the hotel itself.

I wish to take the chance to confirm that the TV channels will be improved on the first week of April with a wide range of freeview channels it was mainly due to a lack of signal coverage a new amplifiers will be in place.
I am dissapointed to hear that we did not fulfil all your expectations during your stay, please allow me to apologise.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in our hotel