“Not bad at all”

Ranked #86 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
The Netherlands
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Helpful receptionists, clean room. Somehow noisy due to the street (I guess the rooms overlooking at the parking are more quiet). The location is not that good as they told me but for me it was just fine. About 10min walk from New street. The price is really good for British standards. It's much-much better inside than what you expect from the outside. Internet connection not as fast as I'd expect but it was OK if you did not want to stream videos.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
ibisCentreIrvingSt, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to hear that we met your expectations and that you found our staff and cleanliness of our rooms to your liking

I will share your comments with my team as I am sure they will be glad to hear you had a good impression from our hotel.

I am glad to confirm that on top of our free wifi conexion, fast enough for basic browsing or e-mail, we offer a fast speed conexion at £5 for 24 hours suitable to stream video.

Thanks again for your time to share your experience with other travelers, we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as this one.

Raul Navarro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My partner and I went for a weekend away to meet up with our friends so we were looking for a value for money rather than a quality. We just needed a place to go sleep late at night so price was the main factor. Surprisingly even though hotel is sort of in the style of american motels where you walk from the parking straight to your room, rooms are very clean, quite spacious and comfortable. It's only short walk from city centre in the area where you don't really expect hotel to be and even though its very close to the main road you can't hear any noise .Staff was very helpful, smiling and nice. I have also appreciated free wi-fi and coffee and tea available in the room which are two things not being present these days even in much higher rated and more expensive hotels. Overall I recommend and would stay again while in Birmingham.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to hear that we overcome your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel

I will share your comments with my team as I am sure they will be glad as well to hear you had such a good impression from our hotel.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Kamil, on reception, was absolutely the most helpful and caring employee. He seriously went the extra mile for myself who was stranded in Birmingham after losing my friends. He offered me drinks, a room, first aid (I was a bit hurt) and general comfort. Absolute credit to your company. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback reagarding the staff kindness.

I will share your comments with my team as I am sure they will be glad to hear you had such a good impression from our hotel.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here as it was near to a relative living and working in the jewellery quarter. Great staff and also secure parking appreciated. First bedroom given was next to the rooms full of drunken males youths. Some not even able to stand. Given as it was only teatime this would only get worse. This is a motel type hostelry and rooms are not soundproof. Husband promptly went down to request another room. Maria moved us to next block down which was fine. Surprised youths were allowed to stay. Enjoyed my free welcome glass of wine as
I am a silver card member of Le Accor hotel group. The room was clean with all usual Ibis amenities. Bed very comfortable. Power of show rather low. Stayed Saturday to Monday. Were told it was til midday for breakfast. On coming down for breakfast at 10.30, the hot buffet we'd enjoyed that previous morning had been cleared all away. We had continental breakfast (it was pre-paid) we think the noon b-fast must have been weekends only and not week days, which we were not told. Overall it fitted the bill for reasonable city stay.

Room Tip: Request room at back overlooking carpark. On the second floor. Watch out for unruly drunken youths...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, it is always a pleasure to receive this feed back about the staff kindness.

I am really dissapointed to hear abbout the young guests behaviour issue you experienced on arrival, please accept my apologies as we were not aware of the situation until we received your comments.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived mid afternoon to a very warm welcome from Maria and Kamil. Excellent location (here for a concert at the o2). Almost chalet style accommodation, basic but clean amd comfortable. Without a doubt would happily stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear guest,

I will share your comments with my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booked this room as we had an early start in Birmingham next day. Fitted the bill great. The shower was a bit like a trickle that was the only issue I would say. Needed extra tea bags etc, not a problem. Very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to receive feedback and know that our service was to your liking.