“Great value, comfy beds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street

ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street
Ranked #87 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Great value, comfy beds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

When myself and two colleagues arrived at the Ibis Holloway Circus on Monday 23rd June 2014 two off us started singing the theme tune to "Prisoner Cell Block H" as the electric gates opened up to the secure car park. I said it looks a bit like Butlin's .... two storey with veranda walkways.
When we checked in the handsome young man on the reception desk could not have been more helpful. He was astute, polite and friendly. Well done that man ... great first impressions count.
The rooms were in the first block on the upper floor overlooking the car park.
Opening the door to a small vestibule area and then to a well laid out sleeping area with a built in wardrobe, bedside cabinets, table area, 28" Philips LCD TV, Kettle / tea / coffee, a good bed with white linen bedding and a good mattress topper.
The bathroom was well laid out with a bath / over shower, sink and loo - al very clean .... the soap dispensers were full and of a good quality. White fluffy cotton towels.
The hotel is situated about a ten minute walk to the city centre which has the usual array off shops, restaurants and bars.
The O2 Academy is at the end off the street - so this would be a great location for gigging .. whether you are part of the tour or a fan.
For me the only thing that was annoying were the brightly lit walkways outside the bedroom window with fluorescent lighting .. it is a bit over the top as the light comes through the windows.
The room was quiet and comfortable.
Check out in the morning again was polite, courteous and welcoming ... well done to the young woman on reception.
Would I stay there again? Yes with no problem.
Would I recommend the hotel? Yes 100%

Room Tip: I would ask for an upper floor facing the car park and not the street
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael_Harkin
ibisCentreIrvingSt, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am glad to hear that in spite the first impression that you got from the fence that secures our parking, you had such a good positive experience in our hotel.

I will share your comments with my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I wish to take the chance that thanks to comments like yours we have started to change some lights in the corridors that we hope will help us improve this point on your next visit.

Thanks again for your time to share your experience with other travelers, we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as this one.

Raul Navarro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights visiting friends - the hotel is well located, being 5 minutes or so from the central Brum attractions but located is a quiet corner close to a main roundabout so easy to get everywhere. Geography of the hotel a little unusual - a two-story US-motel style. I was a little nervous booking as though might be more cheap less cheerful but have to say very happy with the stay and would recommend it - certainly good value. The rooms are small (but big enough) and showers weak, but it is clean, parking secure (£3 a day) and staff very friendly. Would return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ibisCentreIrvingSt, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, it is always a pleasure to receive this feed back about the staff kindness and guest enjoying their stay with us.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here because we were going to a concert at the O2 academy which is literally at the end of the road. We paid very little for the room and to be honest although I wouldnt want to stay there for an extended period the room was fine for overnight. The bed was large and comfortable. The rooms are a little tired but you cant argue with the quality for the price. The only problem was the night staff spoke very little english so communication was a little difficult but he was friendly and we got there in the end.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicky484
Dear guest,

I will share your comments with our team, it is always a pleasure to receive this feed back that helps us to improve the quality of the service we provide.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back in our hotel.

The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Helpful receptionists, clean room. Somehow noisy due to the street (I guess the rooms overlooking at the parking are more quiet). The location is not that good as they told me but for me it was just fine. About 10min walk from New street. The price is really good for British standards. It's much-much better inside than what you expect from the outside. Internet connection not as fast as I'd expect but it was OK if you did not want to stream videos.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to hear that we met your expectations and that you found our staff and cleanliness of our rooms to your liking

I will share your comments with my team as I am sure they will be glad to hear you had a good impression from our hotel.

I am glad to confirm that on top of our free wifi conexion, fast enough for basic browsing or e-mail, we offer a fast speed conexion at £5 for 24 hours suitable to stream video.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My partner and I went for a weekend away to meet up with our friends so we were looking for a value for money rather than a quality. We just needed a place to go sleep late at night so price was the main factor. Surprisingly even though hotel is sort of in the style of american motels where you walk from the parking straight to your room, rooms are very clean, quite spacious and comfortable. It's only short walk from city centre in the area where you don't really expect hotel to be and even though its very close to the main road you can't hear any noise .Staff was very helpful, smiling and nice. I have also appreciated free wi-fi and coffee and tea available in the room which are two things not being present these days even in much higher rated and more expensive hotels. Overall I recommend and would stay again while in Birmingham.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to hear that we overcome your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel

I will share your comments with my team as I am sure they will be glad as well to hear you had such a good impression from our hotel.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Kamil, on reception, was absolutely the most helpful and caring employee. He seriously went the extra mile for myself who was stranded in Birmingham after losing my friends. He offered me drinks, a room, first aid (I was a bit hurt) and general comfort. Absolute credit to your company. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback reagarding the staff kindness.

I will share your comments with my team as I am sure they will be glad to hear you had such a good impression from our hotel.