“Cheap, clean, pleasant, well placed for O2 an city centre.”

ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street
Ranked #95 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Friendly staff, pleasant room (if bed was a little hard), top breakfast. What else do you want from a budget hotel?

We had no issue at all with any aspect of the hotel. One of our friends had a room where the toilet didnt work. Staff apologised and moved them instantly...these things happen and the issue was resolved very quickly.

This isnt a 5 star hotel...and it doesnt pretend to be. I would stay here again (short trip only).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we are glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Holloway. Kind regards, Joanna, Hotel Manager.

There are newer reviews for ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street

An Accor traveller
Newark
Reviewed 8 December 2010

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

Reviewed 3 December 2010

I only stayed here one night & that was one night too many! The rooms were shabby and not very well maintained, the layout of the hotel is more like an american motel & all rooms lead outside, the walls are thin and I could hear people walking around in the room above us & outside past our window. The only source of heat was an electric heater which was noisy & kept me awake all night. I got about 2 hours sleep & that was after the shambles of having to change rooms due to the horrible smell of stale smoke in the room we were originally given. The staff were unhelpful and not sympathetic to our request to change rooms. I am bitterly disappointed with Ibis hotels, they say you get what you pay for but for £50 a night I expected more than a shabby room with poorly fitted curtains that let in light and was noisy - not a good recipe for a good nights sleep - the one thing you expect from a hotel is a bed and a place to sleep! I would suggest you spend a little bit more money and find another place to stay if you actually want to get a decent nights sleep, do not waste your money here.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2010

I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. We treat all feedback
with the utmost seriousness and are currently investigating the matter. We can assure you the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, General Manager, Joanna.

Reviewed 24 November 2010

Myself and a friend booked this hotel to stay at after a rave happening at The Custard Factory, when we got off the train we found that the hotel was a lot further away from the station then implied, we actually went to the wrong Ibis at first. We only paid £40 for our room which is peanuts, so we didn't expect 5*. It's like an american motel, so you dont have to walk past reception ect. My friend and I drank and played music loudly before we went out with no complaints!
GOOD FOR AFTER RAVES!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback. Kind regards,
General Manager, Joanna

Reviewed 18 November 2010

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2010

Reviewed 26 July 2010

we stayed in this hotel for night out purposes. We needed a room for 3 people, so we had one room, all was fine until we came in from our night out to find that someone had been in our room whilst we had been gone, which we were all extremely angry about as all of our belongings were in there and the thought of someone snooping into our private room was awful. second to this, the room happened to be based on 2 people, when checking in it appeared that 3 people was fine, until at 3am they decided it wasnt allowed, so we stood in reception for an hour and a half trying to sort the situation out. the staff were very rude, unhelpful and prolonged the situation. alls we wanted to do was to go to bed and get some sleep, but they would not allow us in the room we had paid for, all because of one extra person! we were an hour and a half away from home, and they wanted us to get a taxi! the way in which the situation was handled was disgusting, and after all that they decided to let us stay in there anyway, which by then had ruined our night and we were shattered. There was a warden on site who went around all the rooms at night time knocking on peoples doors, which was extremely annoying. when we checked in they told us our room had been cancelled, even though it was a non-cancellation room! and by luck there was a room free, as this is a small hotel. The room had bugs everywhere so we went on a squashing mission, there was a wet puddle on the carpet in one corner of the room which i dread to think what it was. I will never stay here again and will warn other people of what a nightmare it was for us.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2010

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at ibis Holloway Circus in Birmingham. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Feel free to email me on h2092-gm@accor.com to discuss this further. Kind regards, Joanna.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

The hotel looks more like a hostel, and for me, I found it cosy for that reason; almost like I was in a guest house. The reception area is warm and welcoming and the rooms are standard rooms but spacious. Having stayed in hotels in Central London for much more, I was pleased with the size of the room. I cannot really complain about anything, it was a pleasant stay I had and cosy,too.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2010

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus. I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel. Kind regards, Joanna.