“Not all that”

Ranked #767 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oodles 'N' Oodles is a Pan Asian restaurant in the heart of Birmingham. Located at the StarCity complex it is the perfect choice of restaurant to dine at before catching a movie. Our Pan Asian cuisine spans all of the southern countries in Asia and our chef encompasses the delicious flavours of Thai, Malaysian, Philippines, Southern Indian and Japanese cooking and transforms ordinary ingredients into mouthwatering "fusion" dishes. We are a busy restaurant, please note last orders are 10.30pm
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not all that”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Ok but not great.... waiters really let this place down, Its a shame really this place was at one time good.... has gone downhill very fast

• Visited November 2013

Telford, United Kingdom
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Very average to be brutally honest- visited on a Monday evening with my partner for the first time- not many covers in restaurant- waited 15 minutes before we were asked to order drinks or starters, service overall was slow- shame as a great product on offer here.
Food ordered was delicious, went for Quail, Fish masala starters then for mains tiger prawn chow mein and beef /mustard/honey sauce curry- was faultless but service really let experience down- won't hurry back if im honest as so much competition within the complex at star city.

• Visited November 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oodles of arrogance”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

As a result of dining here, I feel compelled to inform the unsuspecting public on such a terrible eating experience. Upon arriving we then waited 20 minutes for a waiter to acknowledge us. The starters arrived quite quickly which in my opinion was too quick for freshly cooked food. These were as suspected, very bland and were clearly previously frozen. As a establishment which supposedly prides itself on fresh Asian cuisine this experience left a lot to be desired. The main courses arrived shortly after and closely resembled a pot noodle which had been left standing for a week. All three members of our party were extremely unhappy with the quality and freshness of the food. As a result of this we asked to speak to the manager of the establishment. The manager was very arrogant and refused to accept that there was' nt anything wrong with the food. After not accepting his arrogance another member of our group went to speak to him personally. This resulted in eventually £10 being taken off the bill. I would strongly advise anyone considering eating here to avoid this restaurant.

Chris Bourne (Stoke-on-Trent)

• Visited October 2013
“Nice music n environment”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Hi
I went there with few friends with few hotel vouchers i was expecting not much but the service was good and the food was very nice. I thought may b because of vouchers they wont serve me nicely but that happened vice versa.
Specially the t bone steak was very nice i cant even finish it all. For that price i cant believe. Fantastic restaurant fantastic service n the best food. Will come back

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Rude waitress ruined it!!!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Date night for me and my was a lovely place, really nice attomosphere food tasted really good lots of flavour, waiters were extremely poilent untill it came to deserts the waitress came over to give us our deserts asked us which 1 we were having in a extremely aggressive tone and then she literally threw them at us 1 at my hubby and the other 1 at me then threw the spoons in the middle didn't speak to us didn't make no eye contact Absoulutly Unbelievable, never ever in my life experienced such rudeness from a waitress Someone suggested that maybe she had a personal grudge against us not that that's ok but maybe would have explained the reason for her rudness but neither of us have ever seen this young girl before and also we live down south so we don't come to bham that often, on the way out I did mention it to the surpervisor who was very apologetic! I'm not sure if we visit bham again we would come back here!!!